1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Bracetime on PvPlogger.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Rejante, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Rejante

Rejante Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90
    Hello, so I was playing Mc-WarZ with my team. There was a player camping inside the sniper tower. We rushed and shot the player off tower but he logged in mid air. We tried to shoot the logger but there was a small brace time to kill the logger which means, he was unable to kill. He rejoined the server and fell to the bottom of tower and logged out again before hitting the floor. We still were unable to hurt the logger from the brace time. He survived the fall (Which he should have died by but did not).

What I am trying to tell you is, when you disconnect without /logout you become a logger when that happens you have a few seconds before you can kill the PvPlogger. There should not be a brace time. The logout can be useful in many ways, jumping from high spots without a Parachute. Your logger is frozen in the air (You just float in the air and when that happens you go further down to the floor slowing and reducing fall damage), you log on and continue to fall until you get to the bottom safely.

Please fix this bug/glitch it is very hard to explain it. Thank you.

#1 Rejante, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  2. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904
    This is not a bug from my plugin.

The login protection that players get when they login.

This is more of a server idea asking for that login protection to be removed.

3. lceQueen

lceQueen Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So there's nothing that can be done to this?

4. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904
    Yes, the protection can be removed but it is up to Putty

5. Rejante

Ratings:
    +90
    I don't understand I said logout protection. When you logout you cannot kill the PvPlogger for a few seconds and when they log on you cannot hurt the player either.

6. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904
    Exactly. There is a logout / login protection time that doesnt allow you to hurt players or be hurt by other players. That lasts for a few seconds.

7. Rejante

Ratings:
    +90
    The logout can be abused and used to make players stay alive. When they log there logger is unable to be hurt for atleast 5 seconds, during that time they can log back on. Do it again they live longer. + Spawn protection logging on too. My idea was to remove Login and logout protection.

I know it is very helpful but it can also be abused if the wrong player is using it.
    Say for example your in nether you jump from sniper tower and log very close to the bottom. The pvplogger stops anywhere it will be frozen in the air. This means if you fall down you may be hurt or not but you will still live.

8. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904
    If you want it removed then you should consider checking a thread I made a while back. https://www.brawl.com/threads/16261/

9. Rejante

Ratings:
    +90
    Okay, sorry about the small argument. I wanted you to understand what I meant...
    Thanks.

10. Jazzyx3

Jazzyx3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hope it's taken out

#10 Jazzyx3, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  11. chickenputty

chickenputty License & registration?

Ratings:
    +5,463