1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Brawl News - January 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Audi_, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Audi_

Audi_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +782
    [​IMG]
    Everything you need to know about McBrawl

[​IMG]

Staff Changes
    This month saw the promotion of many moderators to Super-Moderators! The admins decided that the staff could do with a change, so they are working on a re-haul of the staff system. This started off with the promotion of a few Super-Moderators and the promotion of 5 moderators. With a larger staff team, it helps the few admins split up daily tasks, so that larger issues can be sorted out. Read more…

Frequent Livestreams
    With way2hot4rs returning to McBrawl this month was the first time where there would be organized events for a Friday Livestream every other week! Each week will be on a different server with various events for the community to participate in, to have a chance of winning ranks on McBrawl. These livestreams can be seen on McBrawl's Twitch Channel every other Friday at 5 PM CST. We have also invited the community’s livestreamers to get a chance to host McBrawl’s livestream! Read more…

McBrawl Plug.Dj Room
    McBrawl now has it’s very own Plug.Dj room! The site allows a community to get together and listen to their favorite songs together. Along with listening, you may generate your own playlist from songs you like. Read more…

Real Life Video Contest
    This month had the event of Real Life Videos! To participate, members of the community were asked to create a real life video of themselves or someone else doing absolutely anything! This took great advantage of our very new “Media” section on the forums, which allows for very easy video sharing throughout the community. The winner will be announced tomorrow at 7 PM CST on our Tinychat. Read more...

Survival PvP Reset
    After Survival updated to 1.8, a map reset was a good way for everyone to start completely fresh and from scratch. With this new reset, the Creative Managers built a new “Under The Sea” spawn to give a whole new feeling to the server. A bunch of new changes were added, one being the scoreboard which displays your kills, deaths and also your economy balance. Make sure to check out all of the features. Read more...

[​IMG]

New FpsHG Maps
    After FpsHG’s release no new maps have been added, so this month, and in upcoming months, the staff have decided to add some new maps! Currently, the only new map that has been added is called “Avarcia”, however we plan on adding a few more in the near future.

[​IMG]

If you have any suggestions for maps you would like to see, please comment them below!

Skywars Maps Changes
    Added:
    Sawmill by @jaydenchadd
    Food Paradise by @AncientCarrot
    Invasion by @jaydenchadd
    Valeer_Tower by @AndyinaBEARsuit

Removed: Santa_Village (Christmas map)

Teleport Plugin on WarZ
    A new teleporting plugin has been added to MC-WarZ! If multiple players TP to you, you may accept more than once, or use /tpaccept (their name). Credits to @Mario.

Party Changes
    MinecraftParty this month was updated, allowing the coders to add many new things!
    • Spleef Gamemode: The snow eats itself from the outside in during the game, making more people have to run around to survive
    • Spectator Mode: When you do /spectate, you will be placed in Minecraft’s spectator gamemode and you won’t join any new games that start up. We plan allowing players to be able to fly up and down in spectator mode soon. Added!
    • Wipeout: This fast paced gamemode will have you running at the speed of light through holes in the wall. Be careful not to touch the walls or you will be sent back! The first player to the finish wins.
    • Shoot the Sheep: Grab your bow because you have to shoot colored sheep to win this gamemode. All different colors are sheep are worth different points. Collect the most points to win and lookout for the resetting black sheep.

Forum Media Section
    The new “Media” section was added to the forums. This section allows you to add videos from YouTube onto our very own Media section. This is an alternative to the “Videos” section, where you were able to post threads of your media, however this new section makes sharing your videos a lot easier! You have the ability to submit your own media with tags so people can find your video easier. Players also have the ability to like that media, as well as commenting on it.

Forum Organization Changes
    Two visual changes have also happened to the forums recently. With the works of chickenputty, our forums layout has been redesigned, making the forums look and feel that little bit cosier. All servers are now in one section of the forums, making it a lot easier to navigate around. Can you spot the other?

Forum Rule Additions
    WATCH OUT! New rules. Posting hackusations/rage picture threads has been added to the “Don’t Post” section of the rules. Along with that, we have clarified on what content you may have in your signature. Be sure to read over the rules here.

Upcoming Changes
    February is going to contain big changes for McBrawl and it’s staff. In the staff meeting yesterday, we spoke about some huge new features to our player discipline structure. This includes a proper warn system, in-game reporting, chat reporting, and a private in-game staff chat. We have also been working on a new staff rank, but aren’t ready to release any details about that yet. These changes are definitely going to be changing how McBrawl’s core functions and we hope to see positive benefits from it.

Rule Breaker Champion
    Here are the players who reported the most valid rule breaker reports.
    • First: @Captain_Mark (7 valid reports) - $25 coupon for the McBrawl shop
    • Second: @SaiMETA (6 valid reports) - $20 coupon for the McBrawl shop
    • Third: @nicolecacola (5 valid reports) - $15 coupon for the McBrawl shop
    Be sure to keep an eye out for pesky rule breakers to possibly rake in some prizes next month!

Shoutout to staff: QuinnGannon2, poaches, and Raziah who also reported the most this month. We will be giving them their own set of prizes.

Video of the Month
    Congratulations to @HamrajSidhu28 on winning the Video of the Month! HamrajSidhu28 has been credited with a MVP coupon for McBrawl. Great job!

Want your video to win video of the month? Post an original video made by you here for a chance to win!

Top Voter
    We congratulate the voters below for their support:
    • First: @sjuka_legogubbar (156 votes) - $25 coupon for the McBrawl shop
    • Second: @Torch_Reray (154 votes) - $20 coupon for the McBrawl shop
    • Third: @bassmaster6 (151 votes) - $15 coupon for the McBrawl shop

[​IMG]

Resignations
    xXCapZXx, booflame, YepImRobbie, cuddlemonster09

Promotions
    Super-Mod Promotions: Mojang, XxIronRavenxX, Scoat2, Lord_Roke, audir8fan5, way2hot4rs
    Global Mod Promotions: Raziah, randomcitizen1, Mario, 18kss
    MinecraftParty Promotions: soccerstars, patrickdemooij9, poskeharen, and Mario
    Creative Manager: gamemaster800

New Moderators
    HaloGearsKiller, poaches, 18kss, YxTimxY, QuinnGannon2, Mario

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Statistics
    Total votes: 48,122
    Total bans: 11,884 (745 increase)
    Total players: 2,043,712 (93,432 increase)

We reached over 2,000,000 total players logged in since our hub addition. Thank you for this great achievement, Brawlers!

Forum discussions: 29,943 (2,162 increase)
    Forum messages: 432,660 (24,111 increase)
    Forum members: 21,373 (764 increase)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
    • Informative Informative x 4
    #1 Audi_, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  2. chickenputty

chickenputty License & registration?

Ratings:
    +5,463
    Discord:
    Putty#9999
    [​IMG]
    Can we allow memes again?

• Agree x 10
    • Winner x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Optimistic x 1
  3. MrCowlick

MrCowlick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,299
    This is a great thing to read! So much more has happened this month I am struggling to keep up :V
    Ps. When are the staff interviews? They're normally at the end of each month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. iMacro

iMacro An Essential Meme Maker (^:

Ratings:
    +705
    I didn't think I was going to be first gg
    I'm extremely dense so how do I get my coupon? :V

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. teawithchoco

teawithchoco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +844
    Wow ! 2 million total players who have logged ?! Wow that's such a achievement. Well done again ! [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. jacobkolstad

jacobkolstad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +200
    Yeah, allow memes again!

7. SoMuchWinning

SoMuchWinning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Y U NO LET PUTTY POST DIS?

8. MrCowlick

MrCowlick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,299
    It's not Putty's job anymore.

9. ChickenNinja

ChickenNinja Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335
    [​IMG]
    Nice rendition of the news!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #9 ChickenNinja, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  10. RyGuy

RyGuy developer man

Ratings:
    +1,067
    I will ask one thing of you. I have reported at LEAST 20 people. So why am I not there?

11. Audi_

Audi_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +782
    Your reports were most likely invalid, or, you spelled your username wrong.

12. RyGuy

RyGuy developer man

Ratings:
    +1,067
    I doubt I spelled the usernames wrong, because I checked them with tab in-game.
    Also, could you please explain to me what you mean by invalid? Because all my reports came straight from my screenshot folder, or recordings folder

13. Audi_

Audi_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +782
    Invalid means that they weren't actually hackers.

14. RyGuy

RyGuy developer man

Ratings:
    +1,067
    But I reported about 5 advertisers, 3 grenade glitchers (Multiple Times) and who knows what else

15. Audi_

Audi_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +782
    With grenade glitchers, we don't take any action. Reporting hackers is the best way to get in the top 3, as sometimes we don't accept things that are said in the chat.

16. RyGuy

RyGuy developer man

Ratings:
    +1,067
    I give up.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. davidisacoolguy

davidisacoolguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Does this mean mario can help code with McMoba and Mc-War 2.0?!?!?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. AnonymousTV

AnonymousTV Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Congrats on the promotions :2

19. GreenPeas

GreenPeas The man, the myth, the meme

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Dayum, that's a lot of stuff! Keep up the good work guys.

20. ekali

ekali Bannēd for DoX

Ratings:
    +345
    2.never