1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Denied Americanderp Build Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Axe_the_Miner, May 18, 2020.

?

Should i be builder?

This poll will close on May 18, 2030 at 7:59 PM.
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft Username- Americanderp
    Timezone
    - Eastern Standard Time

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - I know the basics and that's really it but I am looking to learn more of world edit.
    Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - No but I heard of it

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? (A couple hours per week, one hour per day, etc.) - A couple of hours a day unless I have school.
    Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team? - Because I want to help make maps for games on brawl and I also want to grow as a builder from the build team

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - Making houses vehicles medieval buildings and cities
    What would you consider your greatest weakness with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - Terraforming and trees anything to do with nature.

List any previous experience you have with building - I was builder on my friends server but we never really got players on the server.

Pictures: (Include as many pictures of your builds as you can. If you do not include pictures, your application will be automatically denied. When possible, include proof that the builds are your own.) https://imgur.com/user/Axetheminer - link to build pictures :smile:
    Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

#1 Axe_the_Miner, May 18, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2020
  2. TenseSmash

TenseSmash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sup Axe, looks like you've applied for builder...

After looking at your builds, they aren't bad, they just aren't amazing in any way. I feel like any person with experience with building could match most of these builds. In my opinion, your builds also lack striking details and each look like they were built with 2-3 blocks. Variation in your builds makes them look much more detailed, and makes them look like there was effort put into them. None of your builds show any deep knowledge of world edit, either. The only commands I notice are //stack and //set. I would also recommend for you to show us more builds. In my opinion, I can't say you should be accepted with a handful of small builds.
    One last recommendation: put more than 30 seconds of thought into your application.

From all of the things stated above, -1.

3. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    oops my bad

4. proudtotheninja

proudtotheninja New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Axe here is a basic list I have compiled for you to work on if you so happen to apply again:

1.) Just work on your application format come on I could literally do that in 30 seconds perc70's message has a bit more effort and you're the one applying
    2.) Simple just get more styles you have only showcased really more modern cities so far just broaden
    3.) Some of your maps are on 1.13.2 and are using 1.13.2 block which the build team doesn't use simply because 1.8 is the best for pvp game modes
    4.) Also on the map you had many people were permed and have contributed on the map, if you want to apply for builder then you should make new maps solely dedicated to your builds and not have any other players permed

p.s be nicer in chat there have been very good builders I know denied because of behavior issues /shrug

5. crowmeme

crowmeme Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Discord:
    crow#7509

lmao good try

6. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    Well
    first off it wasn’t in any of my pictures because I didn’t build it was part of the Blackhawk picture but that wasn’t the big piece of the picture and for some reason youtube put it on my recommended page and I liked how it look so I added it to my city

#6 Axe_the_Miner, May 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
  7. Fordale

Fordale Queen

Ratings:
    +80
    Discord:
    Fordale#4520
    Dont act like you've never used a tutorial lmao.

Anyways, I would say your builds are a tad above average, but nothing special. I know you don't use WE a lot and being fluent in the commands is pretty important. If you continue to grow as a builder and build your portfolio a bit more, I'm sure you could get accepted.

8. LemonTheCake

LemonTheCake Stay focused, stay alive.

Ratings:
    +49
    Hi there ^-^ from the looks of your application, I first off think you should put a bit more time and effort into your answers, and give us a little more info as to why you think you'd be a good fit for the build team.
    Your city buildings look nice, however they often look symmetrical and could benefit more if you used a wider block pallete. Also try adding depth and detail, as opposed to flat surfaces everywhere. Although the images of vehicles you posted aren't bad, they also carry the same trend of lacking variety in the pallete you use and need more detail. It seems these styles are your strong suit for sure, but you still need some improvement with detailing and variety.

You will definitely need to become acquainted with world edit. As others have said, it's a common and useful tool to speed up the building process, and is crucial for working on larger projects. Build team uses this a lot.

Overall, I think working with certain styles you like and improving on them is good, however you should also expand your portfolio a bit more and experiment with different styles. You say in your application you are good with medieval builds, so show us some screenshots of that! Dedicate a world to showing off your building skills perhaps so you can experiment and expand on your style. I give you a -1 for now, but with some more practice I think you have potential to be a good addition to the team!

9. BrosBeforeHoes_

BrosBeforeHoes_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230
    Hello axe
    From what i see from your application and builds, i have to give you a +0 what lemon said is these builds are good and all but you should incorporate more designs of your own structures and builds. And from your application i think it could use more time and effort in it. But one sign i see thats good even if you used a tutorial is you can follow directions really easily so i do think thats a good sign. But i really think theres so much more room for improvement. But good luck and hope everything goes well

10. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Hi Axe_the_Miner,

Thank you for your application. Unfortunately, we cannot accept you at this time. As others mentioned, you must continue to further your building ability to reach our current build team standards. @LemonTheCake summarizes it up quite nicely:
    Please make sure you take people's advice and implement it into your builds. Practice makes perfect.

Denied. Please reapply in at least 1 month.