1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Denied Axe_The_Miner's 3rd Builder Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Axe_the_Miner, Mar 4, 2021.

?

Should I become a builder?

This poll will close on Mar 4, 2031 at 3:35 PM.
  1. +1

66.7%
  2. +0 (pm me why or write a comment)

33.3%
  3. -1(pm me why or write a comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft Username - Axe_The_Miner (Discord: Axe_the_miner#3515)

Timezone - EST

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - I have knowledge of most commands in WorldEdit but I am willing to expand my knowledge if I need to.

Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - I've heard of VoxelSniper but I never used it .

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? (A couple hours per week, one hour per day, etc.) - Hopefully a couple of hours a day because it can impact my school schedule. (1-3 hours a day)

Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team? - Since I first joined Minecraft I really enjoyed building I made a lot flat worlds and attempted to make houses which tend to usually look like squares I thought to myself that I can do better and then I found 2 servers that I used to build on Creative Fun and Brawl I first started building on creative fun with a theme park called "Minecraft Fun Land" which I tried my very hardest to use my imagination to make a very goofy looking theme park after I was finished and ran out of plots I found the server brawl which had more plots and it was just better because of no plots and the world edit availability at the time
    I grew to enjoy the server and it quickly climbed up to my most favorite server ever since I joined back the server which I was 2 years ago I wanted to do something within the server to support it and be apart and to hopefully increase my building level and to push myself on projects that the build team does. As of right now I working on Map's for party and San Derpo.

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - My greatest strengths in building is building modern buildings like skyscrapers town houses I loved skyscraper's and townhouses since I was a very little kid since I grew up near a city which is New York City I also became more interested in medieval building as they are not my greatest I will put it in a decent build category. I am also good at building vehicles but not semi trucks and I am not the best at helicopters.

What would you consider your greatest weakness with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - My greatest weakness in building is 100% trees and anything to do with nature as I still use vanilla trees in most of my builds but I hope that if I get accepted into the build team I can be able to make my own custom trees another weakness of mine is statues as they are important parts of my projects that I am working on (West Virginia,San Derpo) I really cannot make them because if I make them they either are to big or they are to small and they lack a lot of detail and finally my last weakness is terraforming as another important feature to my current projects I really don't know how to do much with terraforming I also hope I can expand this from the build team.

List any previous experience you have with building - Experience I had building is in the build the earth project as I am a builder in the state of New York (Not NYC just the state in general) and the state of New Jersey (Newark, Jersey City)

Pictures: (Include as many pictures of your builds as you can. If you do not include pictures, your application will be automatically denied. When possible, include proof that the builds are your own.)
    Click to view imgur album!

(I am adding some builds into some imgur albums still)
    (If pictures aren't loading please click on the album there you can see the full extent of the photos)

#1 Axe_the_Miner, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
  2. pandanielxd

pandanielxd its panda daniel

Ratings:
    +893
    just saying, i can barely make out any of the pictures in the night, mind making screenshots at day time or something?

3. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I can get some when I finish with school thanks for bringing that up I just can't change the infection map to day since it was already submitted but I can change the rest (Images updated just click on the album instead of scrolling through it)

#3 Axe_the_Miner, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2021
  4. Fordale

Fordale Queen

Ratings:
    +80
    Discord:
    Fordale#4520
    Hey Axe, glad to see you reapplying!

From what it looks I can definitely tell you are improving, and I see you around a lot so activity isn't a problem.

When I have visited your maps in the past, I have noticed that there is always someone else in the world (on a couple of pics it says you are not the world owner too). Some of the builds you have submitted are much better than others as well. This makes me question the credibility of them being 100% yours (input is fine as I have given you pointers in the past, but having other people editing them makes it a joint project). There's not a lot of ways to prove this is 100% yours, but if you'd like I can set up a world where only you can build in just to make sure.

As for advice, I would suggest you work on strengthening what you think you are good at.

For now +0 until I can see what you are really capable of.

Good luck! :smile:

5. kuhleah

kuhleah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +0.75

Half of your builds aren't loading on Imgur, it seems like you deleted them. I'd like to see more large scale builds, otherwise, you're pretty talented. Some of the screenshots are just N/A.

6. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    I am redoing screenshots at the moment sorry if they aren't loading lol (In the mean time you can click on the link to get the full extent of the photos they won't load for a few)

#6 Axe_the_Miner, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
  7. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Just saying, over the past couple weeks (at least) I've had to suffer through watching Axe, build several of these builds. To name a few, Axe built the town/dock, lake, and finish flags on the Boat Race map, he made the entirety of the Infection map (Rangers was basically just there for moral support. Rangers also laid out the pipe, but Axe detailed it.). Any showcased build on the State of SWAG map (452565), he made (otherwise I would've had him denied already). Lastly, I advised Axe to retake several of the photos, so please click the imgur links for his best stuff.
    Uhh, I think I'm supposed to drop a +1 here.

8. kuhleah

kuhleah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    tbh i cant tell if you're being passive aggressive or not....

9. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it by the "suffering?"

10. kuhleah

kuhleah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that and the "tone" of the text

11. pandanielxd

pandanielxd its panda daniel

Ratings:
    +893
    Hey Axe_the_Miner,

Thank you for your application. We can definitely see that you have been busy since your last application, but while you have shown quite some improvement again, we still feel as if you could work on a few things.
    We would like to see you work on your detailing mostly. A big part of your builds use a lot of noise to try and make it seem more detailed. We do not recommended to use it this way. It can definitely work for paths and such, but it does not really work for bigger areas, i.e.:
    [​IMG]
    Your factory
    [​IMG]
    The snow of the mountains.
    I myself have also done similar things quite a lot in the past, but try to use gradients and such or try to take inspiration from other builds!
    Secondly, a lot of your builds are not incredibly coherent, for example on flat worlds. While there is quite a few with other builds around, we would like to see more of those to really show your skills. A good way to get practice with that is making maps for different gamemodes, your Party maps are a good example.

Keep your head high, keep it up! Like Sheep said in your last application, you simply need some more practice.

Denied
    . Please reapply in at least 1 month.