1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Denied Axe's 4th Builder Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Axe_the_Miner, Jul 20, 2021.

?

Should I be accepted into the Brawl Build Team?

This poll will close on Sep 20, 2025 at 4:26 PM.
  1. +1

71.4%
  2. +0

28.6%
  3. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft Username - LoyalAmerican

Timezone - EST

DISCORD: Axe_the_miner#3515

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - Since the last time I applied for a builder I can say that I know most of the basic commands but I hope to grow my experience in worldedit in the build time.

Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - I've heard of voxelsniper but I never used it .

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? (A couple hours per week, one hour per day, etc.) - Hopefully a couple of hours a day because it can impact my school schedule.

Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team? - Since I first joined Minecraft I was very fond to building as I also made flat worlds and attempted to make houses which tend to usually look like squares I thought to myself that I can do better and then I found 2 servers that I used to build on Creative Fun and Brawl I first started building on creative fun with a theme park called "Minecraft Fun Land" which I tried my very hardest to use my imagination to make a very goofy looking theme park after I was finished and ran out of plots I found the server brawl which had more plots and it was just better because of no plots and the world edit availability at the time.
    I grew very fond of the server and it quickly climbed up to my most favorite server and ever since I joined back the server which I was a year ago I wanted to do something within the server to support it and be apart and to hopefully increase my building level and to push myself on projects that the build team does.

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - My greatest strengths in building is building modern buildings like skyscrapers town houses I loved skyscraper's and townhouses since I was a very little kid since I grew up near a city which is New York City I was also fond of tall buildings and I also become very fond of medieval building as of lately due to my obsession of fantasy universes like the one Tolkien made.

What would you consider your greatest weakness with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - My greatest weakness in building is 100% trees but I feel like I improved myself in this field but I still use vanilla trees in most of my builds but I hope that if I get accepted into the build team I can be able to make my own custom trees better then what they are at the moment. another weakness of mine is statues as they are important parts of my projects that I am working on (Tampa Bay,San Derpo) I really cannot make them because if I make them they either are to big or they are to small and they lack a lot of detail and finally my last weakness is terraforming but I also improved myself in this field as another important feature to my current projects I really don't know how to do anything with terraforming I also hope I can expand this from the build team.

List any previous experience you have with building - Experience I had building is in the build the earth project as I am a builder in the state of New York and the state of New Jersey

Pictures: (Include as many pictures of your builds as you can. If you do not include pictures, your application will be automatically denied. When possible, include proof that the builds are your own.)

Click to view imgur album!

Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

#1 Axe_the_Miner, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
  2. PartyDiasMc

PartyDiasMc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    +1 built with him before, he's a nice builder to work with

3. Kalbe1

Kalbe1 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    coolio very building its quite built very well

4. S_FOR_SIKEO

S_FOR_SIKEO Former Party&Skyblock Mgr. & Raid&Events Sub-Mgr.

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Axe , I'm excited to see you apply! I think you would make a very good builder. You are both active and seem to have very good builds! I'm not expert builder, however you never fail to impress me! You are also very active which is a very important quality to have, overall I believe you would be one of the best fits for the role! It's a +1 from me, Good luck!

5. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys!!!

6. Fordale

Fordale Queen

Ratings:
    +80
    Discord:
    Fordale#4520
    Hey Axe!
    From since you first started applying I'd say you have definitely improved! There is some great stuff here that is definitely up to standard.
    I'm not sure if I have said this on your previous applications, but I would love to see more variety. All that's here is modern/cityscapes. Even though I know that's your strength, you should work on getting some other skills under your belt. You said you had an interest in building in medieval styles, but we only got one picture.
    For your next steps, you should focus on a different style. Try to branch away from cityscapes and dive deeper into another style. Look at some other people's work and make notes of what works and what doesn't. Try your hand at some wild abstract stuff, build something just for fun (not for an application), and collaborate with some people.
    I can tell you are trying very hard and I admire your perseverance, but don't give up, you're almost there.

For now, I will give you a +0. I believe you have stuff to contribute to the team and could be of value, but you could also use more time to grow.

(Edit) Also, I noticed that on your "Guardian" map pictures, the statue is also present in PartyDiasMc's Builder Application. I'm not sure who built it, but you should clarify who helped you with what. In the case that it is not yours, you would be marked for plagiarism.
    I know you build a lot with other players, so maybe another thing to do is build some solo stuff with no one else's help.

#6 Fordale, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  7. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the feedback! PartyDiasMc made the temple, statue and the firepit in the guardian map everything else we worked on together sorry about including his in the photos.

Edit: I removed the photos and added one picture that shows stuff I made (Gatehouse and background houses and part's of the wall) Shrubbery was done by Kenzie_

#7 Axe_the_Miner, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
  8. pandanielxd

pandanielxd its panda daniel

Ratings:
    +893
    Hey Axe,

Thank you for your application. It is nice to see you still growing as a builder, taking our advice to heart.

However, we think you still have some room to grow before being ready to become a builder. You have improved in many of the stated areas in your last application, but there is a big difference in skill between the pictures shown.

As Fordale has said before, try to step out of your comfort zone and build some things you are not used to building. We would also like to see more builds made with your current level of skill within your comfort zone, rather than the ones you have put in your past applications.

Keep building and you will surely make it.

Denied. Please reapply in at least 1 month.