1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Fall Network Update (10/18/14)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Chap, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Chap

Chap Owner

Ratings:
    +393
    [​IMG]

Hello guys! Here at McBrawl we have been busy the past view weeks. We have been working on multiple features to enhance your gameplay experience. This thread will review all of the changes we will be adding to our network throughout this weekend. We hope you enjoy!

Cosmetics
    First off, cosmetics! The cosmetic menu can be opened with /cosmetic, or /cosm for short. The cosmetics menu includes the following:
    • Join Particle (Toggle) - Shoots your latest created firework on logon.
    • Quit Particle (Toggle) - Vanishes you in a cloud of smoke on logout.
    • Teleport Particle (Toggle) - Leaves behind purple particles from an alternative dimension.
    • Death Particle (MVP) (Toggle) - Death animation that strikes fear in your enemies eyes. Too bad you're dead.
    • Halo Particles (MVP) - Forms a ring of particles above your head in the shape of a halo.
    • Aura Particles - Forms a helix pattern of particles that circles your body.
    • Trail Particles - Particles are left in your wake whilst moving.
    [​IMG]

• Wardrobe - Design your outfit! From party hats to disco leather.
    • Firework Creator (MVP) - Create a custom firework that you can ignite.
    • Personal Pets - Summon a companion to follow you around. Includes naming and different options for specific mobs. You can even ride your pet on certain servers (lobby and creative) if you are MVP.
    [​IMG]

All cosmetics are for players with MVP or VIP. Some certain cosmetics are restricted to MVP, such as some of the aura and trail particles. Currently, if you are VIP or MVP on a specific server you will be able to use the cosmetics there.

[​IMG]
    Myortvye, chickenputty, Signatured, Chaploo

Global Ranks
    There are currently two global ranks available for purchase. If you already have VIP or MVP on a specific server you will be able to access any new global rank features. We plan to slowly dwindle out the need to purchase specific ranks.

If you are interested in the global ranks, they are avaible to purchase on our new global McBrawl shop here: http://shop.mcbrawl.com/. The old stores will be retiring from use.

Voting
    In order to grow our community by using various forums of advertising, we decided voting was the best interactive system to gain a player base. Voting towards McBrawl helps us, so we decided to give you in-game incentives in the form of rewards.

To vote all you have to do is type /vote. This will bring up the menu where you can select from the voting links, the voting rewards, or the top voters for this month. You are able to vote on a total of 5 sites at a reward of 10 tokens per site. VIP gets a multiplier of x1.5 and MVP gets a multiplier x2 tokens per vote.

[​IMG]

To purchase rewards, click on the gold ingot on the /vote menu and simply chose what server you are interested in. Some rewards may require you to be on that specific server.

[​IMG]

At the end of every month we will be rewarding the top voters for that month. The winners will be in the Brawl News and their reward will either be a coupon code or more reward tokens.

[​IMG]

Other Changes
    We went ahead and spiffied up some other aspects of the network. When using your friends list now, you should notice that you can see the player heads of your online friends. This was a great feature added with 1.8 Minecraft and it allows you to easily see who is online.

[​IMG]

We added back a feature we discreetly removed a few months ago. This would be the notice when one of your friends switch between servers. If you do not like this, feel free to toggle it off with /alerts off.

Another slight addition was the use of Minecraft 1.8’s “title” feature. So, now when you logon the lobby you’ll be greeted with some pretty text on your screen. We also added a header and footer to the tab list. We plan to slowly implement this into all of our servers.

Classics
    McBrawl is pleased to announce that we will be releasing a series of “classic” gamemodes. This means that we will be releasing five new gamemodes and updating two of our current gamemodes, KitBrawl and Creative. The focus of our classics are to provide popular gamemodes that all Minecraft players enjoy. While they may not be fully original, we plan to put a slight Brawl twist on them. The plan is to provide lag free, well staffed gamemodes. We would love to hear your opinion on what classics you would like to be added to the network.

Hope you enjoy!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 51
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 Chap, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
  2. chickenputty

chickenputty License & registration?

Ratings:
    +5,463
    Discord:
    Putty#9999
    My reaction:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 32
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. FritzzMC

FritzzMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316
    Sounds cool! Hopefully, I can be the best voter.:stuck_out_tongue:

4. whitemagnum

whitemagnum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188
    YESSSSSSSS
    FINALLY
    THE LONG WAITED UPDATE! Before you rate this confusing, At least I have waited long for this update.

• Funny x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    #4 whitemagnum, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  5. MrCowlick

MrCowlick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,299
    Will cosmetics be available for everyone if the EULA has to take place?

6. NexGenHatred

NexGenHatred Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
    The EULA doesn't restrict cosmetics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Syntheria

Syntheria Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Only vip or mvp

8. Atum

Atum Ex-WarZ and Projects Admin
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +80
    wait wait wait, me being a current MVP on WarZ... will there be and addition of /tpa and echest to the vote rewards on mcwarz? or are they going to be removed completely?

Edit: also could we get a sneak peak of the "original" gamemodes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MrCowlick

MrCowlick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,299
    After the EULA is enforced there will be no MVP or VIP ranks to purchase.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Kitts

Kitts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Who said they were removing ranks? Ranks dont necessarily mean you get advantages in certain gamemodes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Syntheria

Syntheria Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38

Yes there will. I suggest you read the post carefully.

12. GlobalistCuck

GlobalistCuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +994
    One problem I've found with the Pet system on WarZ- I tried to kill a player with a Magma Cube Pet and it was so massive it blocked all the bullets. Yeah, eventually, I killed him, but I felt as thought it gave him an unfair advantage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kitts

Kitts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Pretty sure pets are going to be disabled in game modes like that to prevent blocking/unfair advantage

14. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    Pets are disabled in all gamemodes where they could give you unfair advantages like Mc-War, WarZ, FpsHG and Snowball Fight/One in the Chamber on McParty.

15. onik

onik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141
    WOW! Amazing job! These new cosmetic features looks super cool! :grinning:
    Wait, what about MC-War 2.0? Why are you only going to update KitBrawl and Creative? And also why release 5 new minigames if the oldest and most popular minigame wasn't updated with new features for over a year?!
    I think after all These new cool cosmetic features (I haven't seen this voiting system on any other server yet), it's time to make the huge update for MC-War.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #15 onik, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  16. Audi_

Audi_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +782
    The reason why I think they are adding a few mainstream servers is because if you look at other Minecraft communities, they have basic and simple minigames, yet they are very popular. Just because something is unique, doesn't mean it's always going to be the best.

17. Lord_Roke

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. BuddyCroooock

BuddyCroooock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ChickenNinja

ChickenNinja Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335
    COOOOSMETICS!!
    I am also excited for the "Classic" mini games. I wonder which ones they will be :3
    Couldn't invite me to the party eh? :V

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lord_Roke

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    At 4 am for you?