1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

[:] Mc-War Technique Guide! [:]

Discussion in 'Guides' started by tippertopper, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. tippertopper

tippertopper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166
    Hello everyone, today I shall be writing a guide on different playing styles, or techniques.

This guide shall cover the following:
    Camping,
    Rushing,
    Offensive play,
    Defensive play &
    Chilling. <--- You'll see what I mean very soon. :V
    Vocabulary will also be explained.

First off, we have camping.

Camping is a technique that players rage over, that has been passed down and used for a long time. The basic concept is to wait, and you shall be rewarding with some large amounts of kills, and maybe even a nifty killstreak. You have to find a suitable place, that is hard to be killed where there is a lot of traffic coming your way. To be honest, I wouldn't advise this if you're not a patient person, as it's the waiting game.

PLEASE NOTE: The render glitch still stands, so if you think you know where the other team come in, remember to take blind shots, but if you don't have scavenger, which can be purchased at https://www.brawl.com/pages/shop/, only take shots when certain a player is there!

Next up, we have a technique called rushing!

Rushing is charging towards the enemies, with a fast gun like minigun for example - which can also be purchased at https://www.brawl.com/pages/shop/ - as it can tear through enemies in large groups. This isn't a common tactic, but if you are not worried about your KDR or killstreaks, then this is the technique for you!

For a third tactic, we are looking at offensive play.

Offensive play is about being very confident and murdering your enemies in large groups but you are not as offensive as a rusher. I would recommend this tactic if you are very confident, and you know how to basic strafe shoot. This is an easy way to get lots of kills while having a better chance than rushers to get a good killstreak.

Defensive play is something many snipers do.

It is about getting the height advantage on your opponents and shooting only when necessary. You do not want to spam blind shots, as the enemies can give a blind shot and possibly kill you. This technique is useful to guard your team's flag in CTF.

Last, but not least, we have 'chilling'. This is about not being offensive and not being defensive, but somewhat in the middle. Obviously, with this, you will need to be a little bit of an all-rounder. This is a good tactic on medium sized maps.

VOCABULARY IN THIS GUIDE:
    Technique: A playing style or tactic.
    Offensive: To attack.
    Defensive: To defend.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment down below leaving constructive criticism.

~Thanks,

~Your host,

~Tipper! :smile:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tuggers03

Tuggers03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +426
    Great guide! I'm probably offensive play when using at automatic, and defensive when using snipers. This guide will certainly help. +1!

3. Gynamo

Gynamo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +796
    Great guide, i knew all of this before though but i'm sure it will be very useful for newer players.

4. jack_attack153

Ratings:
    +10
    This is a really great guide and I'm sure newer players could really use this. 1+