1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Guide to every gamemode in Mc-War (Told in the view of Mokolee)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Mokolee, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Mokolee

Mokolee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,470
    Since McWar is rapidly turning corrupt with 31+ players and donor weapon abusive players, I'm going to make this little guide on how to play every gamemode in the server "properly". Please note that this is being told from MY point of view so you'll learn how I see and play every game as well.

Let's start with the most popular, Infect.

There's two sides you could be during Infect. Zombie or Non-Infected. As a zombie, you'll feel very weak when facing the blue team. They have every gun in the server to use for themselves and all you have is your one-hit deadly hand and a speed boost. Back then, molotovs used to actually be the infamous one-hit projectile for zombies mainly because they are basically grenades that detonate a lot faster but they are nerfed and so we are limited to purchase $2 or 200 credits to buy ****ty grenades that go off within 3 seconds.

However, if you are lucky enough to have donor weapons in your inventory, you'll find that the Tomahawk and the C4 are 2 infamous weapons a zombie can own. Personally, I would have a Tomahawk rather than a C4 because C4s make you look like an ass when you use them against the blues. Hey is that a C4? For those of you who are new here, a C4 users are total asses the way I see them on Infect. They are extremely well known for being abused for glitches which is why I would recommend the Tomahawk if you had the option to choose between them.

Ok so we're on blues. The blue team has one major advantage over the infected and that's the ability to wield a firearm on the opposing team. With that, most blues take the option to camp in the map. Now there are two types of camping on Infect. One where you camp on an OP spot where you are most likely to be noticed by the infected and the other where you are playing Hide-and-Seek with the zombies. The people who do camp in the OP spots are sometimes ray gun users and/or Minifun users. These kinds of people are complete assheads to both the blue and infected teams as they kill off tons of infected leaving no kills for the other blues. That being said, I do regret introducing the Minifun in an attempt to discourage ray gun users.

Next gamemode, FFA.

FFA is nothing more than a bloodbath of pink armor-wearing players shooting each other from every direction. The biggest assholes in this gamemode are the Skullcrusher / Minifun users. These kinds of people end the game really short which is why I rarely use the Mini.

Gungame.

This is basically FFA except you have to fight in a certain order of weapons. If you reach the Ray Gun, you might as well kill yourself because you will never stand a chance using this thing unless you are "experienced" with that. However if you are fortunate enough to reach the Law, you might as well kill yourself because that thing is far less effective than a half-filled water balloon. Seriously, you can endure a full blast from the Law and lose like 5 hearts.

OneInTheChamber.

This is FFA except with one-hit pistols. If you are a 31+ player who uses the Executioner in this game, you are obviously an ass. In fact, orange might as well put in Model and AA12 if he thinks putting a shotgun in a game where everyone is limited to a pistol. At least use Desert Eagle to increase the challenge of the game significantly.

CaptureTheFlag.

The best gamemode to score a nuke, it's CaptureTheFlag ironically. The first team to reach 6 flag captures will win and end the game. However, there are some dumbasses in McWar who misinterpret the concept of CTF and complain about losing their little killstreaks. Personally, I would say going into the heat to pick up a block of wool and running back to capture it takes a lot more bravery and skill compared to camping with an OP weapon and getting a 21 killstreak.

TeamDeathmatch.

Probably the most basic game in all of Minecraft, the main goal is to constantly fight to win. There's really nothing else I can say except that it ends at 110 kills on one team and there happens to be a large population of 31+ players who complain about this.

KillConfirmed.

I know it's not out yet but I played it in the McWar test server. Basically, it's just the 31+ players and donor weapon users getting the kills and the newbies taking the tags. A really good exchange between the two if you ask me. I would post a .gif expressing this gamemode but this server can't process it and nether would Imgur.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Pointless Pointless x 1
  2. SargeantQuack

SargeantQuack Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Wow... you the real MVP. Nice!

3. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Highly Established Member

Ratings:
    +1,826
    Infect - While I agree with you about the survivors just camping for kills in front of the spawn, I have to disagree about zombies using c4. It's only fair when you consider the amount of players camping with Ray-Guns and Mini's. Survivors should also be allowed to camp without complaint. The objective for the survivors is to survive without being infected. Camping on a hard to reach spot allows this objective to be achieved instead of the zombies killing everyone within the first minute.
    FFA - While it may seem annoying with all the Mini and Skullcrusher wield ears, the objective of this gamemode is to be the first to reach 20 kills. Using op guns allow users to achieve this objective. I think they should make it 30 kills to win like in CoD.
    Gungame - No opinion on this gamemode.
    OITC - Using Executioner ensures an easier way to be the last survivor. Would you rather use another pistol and miss, than have no ammo? Now if you have Scavenger, than I agree with you.
    CTF - This is where I agree with you the most. The objective of this gamemode is to capture the enemy's flag and win, not try to nuke and kill the entire enemy team. I think nukes should only be used as a tactical weapon when you have the other team camping at their flag and you can't reach it.
    TDM - I agree with you, the objective of this gamemode is to make the enemy team surrender, not a bunch of players raging when they lose a good streak.
    Kill_Confirmed - Even though I've played this gamemode, I have no opinion on it so far.

#3 F1r3tar, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  4. SargeantQuack

SargeantQuack Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree, the ray and law are pants-on-head retarded in gungame. I was on the law once for 2 whole minutes and then lost.
    But in reality, FFA gets very annoying because you die every 3-4 seconds when others use minifun.

5. BrawlerAce

BrawlerAce Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,113
    What I think -
    It was fun wielding that OP molotov.
    Kind of a shame it was nerfed.
    Now, to the donor items.
    Grenades are decently useful, but not really unless you can sneak a grenade on someone.
    Tomahawks don't work for the zombies in infect.
    Now, to C4. Yes, C4 is an extremely glitched item. Yes, it changed infect for the worse along with LAW and Ray Gun spam. But at least congratulate the people who know how to use it right. Congratulate them for being able to place and detonate the explosive even with 7 Ray Guns firing at them, each with the ability to end them if the laser hits 3 blocks away.
    I prefered Infected as a survivor back when you could survive with an AK-47 and Magnum. It would be less likely that your kills would be stolen, for instance. Many other things I can say. All I need to say is that infected was better without the donor weapon spam.

FFA is just a cluster of players wearing pink. There's way too many players in my opinion.

Gun Game has the same concept; there are too many players. However, it is fun with 15 or less players, and the Ray Gun and LAW aren't terrible.

For onein... hi. I use the Executioner. I'm obviously an ass.
    (I also use it frequently in TDM and Infected)
    Try it with the M9, it is quite fun. Just run around, quick scoping.

The point of CTF IS to capture the flag. I get annoyed at the people who flame at the players actually doing the right thing. I like the EMPs, but as F1r3tar said, nukes should be disabled, and there should be a larger reward for capping the flag in addition...

TDM is played correctly, there are just too many ragers and people who try too hard. I would like to at least see the kill counter... really, TDM gamemodes are all about the killstreaks and 31+/donor players boosting off of newbies. (yes, boosting. It's unlegit and not fair to newbies in my eyes)

6. Usp45

Usp45 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013
    More like the guide to the person that hates donors in every way, shape, and form .-.
    This is way too biased, sure you could say that C4 makes infect really bad, or that the main point of CTF is to capture the flag, and it is wrong to yell at people for ending the game early, but there is no need to practically call out every 31+ or donor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Krcoon

Krcoon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +249
    Two things:
    Infect: Tomahawks don't work when wielded by zombies (it sucks... it's not even very OP... you only get 1)
    Gungame: They buffed the LAW. If you hit someone in the body with it, it one hits them...

Other than that, i love ya man :grinning: