1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Changes to the Media Rank + Media Team!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by wintergreen3, Nov 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. wintergreen3

wintergreen3 Delta Force Leader | Staff Manager | CTF Admin

Ratings:
    +1,167
    Sup Brawlers!

We are going to be changing how the Media Rank and Media Team are presented. These changes will hopefully increase productivity within the Media Team (now called the Marketing Team!), and help promote the server.

Changes

The major change is we will be tightening the restrictions on getting the Media Rank. No more inactive Media Rank players! You will now have to upload at least decent content 4 times every month to keep your rank. Quality of content will be subjective, but can't just be random gameplays uploaded.

Purposes & Requirements of the Media Rank
    The players with the Media rank will be given the opportunity to help us out, as well! We would like for each player with the Media rank to help us out with keeping Brawl's Youtube channel active. By this I mean that we will have your uploads uploaded on our channel (yes, the one with 42,000 subscribers), as they come out and are approved by staff.

Requirements include that you:
    • Upload at least bi-weekly, or more - Media Rank is basically Elite rank, plus an extra tag, so we feel you should earn it.
    • Are active on Brawl
    • Are mature - if you are accepted and are found to be toxic/immature, we have the right to take your rank away at any time.
    • Are easy to work and communicate with
    If something happens IRL or you get sick, or you can't upload for whatever reason, you can always reach out to us and let us know. If you abuse this too much however your rank will be taken away. If this happens, you can reapply a month later.

Perks
    that come with the Media Rank are:
    • All features of ELITE
    • Colored name in-game (yellow)
    • Displayed MEDIA tag on Brawl servers (Global Rank)
    • Displayed MEDIA tag on discord
    Purposes of the Marketing Team
    The Marketing Team works alongside staff members to create content.
    • Help out with providing ideas and creating specific media for Brawl's different platforms
    • Spreading out the workload so that no one has too much to do, with things such as but not limited to editing.
    People on the Marketing Team are players who have shown their skills to us and we feel would help the server as a whole. Usually we only invite people, and don't accept applications to it.​

- Marketing team members are exempt from the upload requirements, but they can help us by providing uploads if they wish!

If you have any questions please contact @wintergreen3 !

#1 wintergreen3, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  2. Hexivoid

Hexivoid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Is previous MC-War content considered? <3

• Like Like x 1
  3. wintergreen3

Ratings:
    +1,167
    That's actually a really cool idea! I'd love to see that, do you have any clips we might use/know anyone who might?
    You can add me on Discord, wintergreen3#7154 - let's talk about it there, instead of making a big chain reply here. =)

• ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 1
  4. Fourr_

Fourr_ ex Media Sub-Manager | ex Party Mod | Builder

Ratings:
    +52
    Discord:
    Fourbitten#8090
    For the marketing team, could we implement rewards based off of how many players they bring to the server. Maybe when a player logs in for the first time, they can type a creator name in chat and it will add to that creators count?? Maybe we could even include a new forum trophy??? I'm just trying to brainstorm more reasons for more people to make content for the server

• Like Like x 3
  5. sch104

sch104 Team Ice

Ratings:
    +42
    Do you guys not know how many people got big doing literally this? People would literally upload HG games and get thousands of subs. Encouraging this would be much wiser, more content is better.

Glad you guys are finally doing this. I suggested it as far back as the raid media event, though wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even get discussed. Anyways, this is something that should absolutely be done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Usp45

Usp45 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013
    I agree with this, well-edited montages and stuff are cool, but they are inefficient. There's a reason that the biggest gaming YouTubers don't really get big off of these types of videos and instead get big off of literally just commentary over gameplay which is the most bingeable type of content + most sustainable in terms of time it takes to make a video.

For example, a well-edited WarZ montage that took 2-3 hours to make might get 200-300 views, but a 10 min episode with minimal editing asides from maybe some funny moments usually gets closer to 500+

Tbh, at this point Brawl just needs to spam videos if you really want the server to gain players lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sch104

sch104 Team Ice

Ratings:
    +42
    I advocated for this whevlnever I got involved in the media aspect, which was only like two or three times. I've said why it should be done before, so if they care to know why it would work, they can scroll through the staff server and find it. I could list a few servers it has worked for, but it seems like too much effort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wintergreen3

Ratings:
    +1,167
    Quick reply for @sch104 @Usp45 and @darkhellmet - the current plan we have is to upload at least once (or hopefully even multiple, once we get things rolling) days a week and slowly possibly work towards daily uploads! We feel working up slowly will be better for visibility and for the workload put onto our staff. Daily right now just feels excessive.

And also we aren't just uploading montages/things that take a long time to edit - it can just be cut up gameplay that is just a bit entertaining, for all we care. But straight gameplay with no edits tends to draw less people than an even slightly more concise video.

Lemme know if you still have questions =)

9. sch104

sch104 Team Ice

Ratings:
    +42
    Maybe in certain gamemodes, but are you aware of any small to medium sized HG players from back in the day? Maybe the gamemode was more fun that what is left (personal opinion), but straight gameplay was enough to get 5housands of subs and views. Publicity in quantity, to become visible, should be top priority, with small amount of high quality, since you have a tiny playerbase currently. When you have the resources, you begin shifting. You can't behave like a massive network until you reclaim the status of ACTUALLY being a massive network.

I think that, if certain things change, the promotions I saw will be massive for the network.

10. Vendor

Vendor .gg/drip

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah most of this is fine and fair I guess but I see one issue and It’s a glaring one.

these two are mutually exclusive. You can’t ask people to upload a ton of content (once a week isn’t necessarily a lot, but for example, I make a video when an idea presents itself and don’t go looking for ideas to make videos, if that makes sense) so if someone else subscribed to the same thought process behind videos i did, they’d probably have trouble finding content eventually. I know for a fact if I tried to make decent content on raid these days I’d run out of ideas within a week. In which case, you have to allow people to upload let’s plays / commentary’s. That’s literally 99% of all HCF you tubers content which allows them to upload daily, and seems to work for them. The only reason people watch them is because their personality. Which if you don’t make insane edits / are very good at the game, personality is all you have.

content should obviously be judged. If it’s literally just meaningless garbage then Someone losing their rank over that would be justified. But you can’t tell people they need to upload a lot and also tell them it needs to be content with lots of thought out into it. It just doesn’t work.

you want a lot of content? Tell them they have to upload a ton but have no rules on quality. Want really good content? Have strict rules on quality / hours put into the videos, but don’t have a upload schedule.

you don’t get to have both.

P.S. my channel is very small, but the most popular video I have on there is quite literally just random shadow plays of me and my friends time on raid. That stuff is fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
    #10 Vendor, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  11. sch104

sch104 Team Ice

Ratings:
    +42
    This is impossible, the server is in a very bad spot and has been for a while. Until the reset, there is not really any content that would promote the server, other than making content for contents sake.

Rsugar for media

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ryva

Ryva Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Sounds like an interesting change

13. wintergreen3

Ratings:
    +1,167
    Quick update for you all - we've changed the requirements a little bit.

- Lowered the upload requirement to bi-weekly, from every week.
    - Subs/views aren't a requirement anymore as it was too vague and deterred people from applying.

Hope to see more applications soon =)

• Like Like x 5
  14. __Whis__

__Whis__ New Member

Ratings:
    +1

Interesting...

• Like Like x 1