1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Weapon Switch Time: An Mc-WarZ Game Changer

Discussion in 'MC-WarZ' started by darthnall, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Should "weapon switch time" be added to Mc-WarZ

Poll closed Jun 29, 2014.
  1. Yes, I believe that "weapon switch time" should be implemented into Mc-WarZ

37.5%
  2. I believe that "weapon switch time" could be plausible, but not without: [Explanation]

12.5%
  3. No, I do not believe that "weapon switch time" should be implemented into Mc-WarZ

50.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. darthnall

darthnall Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey there, fellow WarZ players! Are you also a hero that doesn't kill on sight? How great would it be to have an easier way to keep them alive, while not putting you and your party in danger of getting a face renovation? Look no further! Some ideas of mine have been illustrated by this thread's genius forum users: @bob8is8cool and @zachdost1234. However, I have a few additions to this already brilliant thought! Weapon switch time!

Weapon switch time is a huge tide-turner in DayZ and DayZ-like games, so why don't we have something like this in Mc-WarZ? It would work like the reloading of weapons, you have text above the weapon that reads: "....Switching....", with the filling boxes as shown in reloading. I feel that-paired with the "handcuffs" item-this could allow you and your good pals to actually feel like you have a tiny bit of good in WarZ hardened hearts.

Of course, this won't be the case with most players, they will not hold people up. But it's for the players such as myself, a friendly hero, to use to keep players alive and well, without eating any bullets. Bigger guns have a longer switch time (like snipers), and smaller guns (such as pistols) have shorter switch times. Dynamic fights would occur and bring a new level of intensity to not only PvP, but also, our un-dead encounters.

Thank you for taking time to read this idea suggestion, and I cannot wait to see what you guys have in mind!

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bob8is8cool

bob8is8cool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +430
    I already made a thread about adding a delay. At the time it was about removing macros. However, here is the thread. Don't grave dig.
    https://www.brawl.com/threads/14189/

Here are some of the ideas from the thread.
    Thread ideas:
    • Add a 30 tick delay between switching weapons. This would take 1.5 seconds.
    • The delay should be different for each type of weapon. For example, if you switch to a pistol, there could be a 10-14 (~.6 seconds) tick delay, but if you switch to a shotgun or sniper, it takes around 28 ticks (1.4 seconds).
    I like your ideas though, and would love this in game.

#2 bob8is8cool, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  3. Asiimov__

Asiimov__ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83
    Not a huge fan of this if this happened I would quit prob...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. bob8is8cool

Ratings:
    +430
    One think I'd like to say about this.
    A lot of you will think, "this will remove combos and make the game impossible to kill full diamonds." However, the new P90 can shred full diamonds. Don't even say that.

5. Asiimov__

Asiimov__ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83
    The p90 is op and everyone will be using it making the game boring

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  6. imatson9119

imatson9119 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    The P90 wouldn't work for long range, and would just be a waste of ammo on noobs. In other words, it's only useful for rushing decked out players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bob8is8cool

Ratings:
    +430
    The p90s will be used in close range areas, where the snipers are not supposed to be used. The sniper will be used at long ranges, where the automatics shouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  8. C9_Mango

C9_Mango Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +391
    So you want us to be spamming p90 to kill full diamonds?

I don't understand why people want combos removed. In my opinion, they may the game so much more fun. It's not like some people are allowed to combo, and others aren't...

Also, removing the combo ability makes snipers legitimately useless to killing full diamonds. You would just be able to spam pasta to get out of a headshot. Same with shotguns. The only option left then would be to spam p90, which lets be honest, nobody likes. Who wants a spammer? Almost nobody.

And also, you say you want to be a hero, so you won't kill people. Look at @nicolecacola . He is a hero, and kills on sight. To be a hero just takes dedication.

If you were to remove combos even more, there would be so much rage, and so many people leaving. Please don't dislike this just because of what I said. I want a civil debate, not rating spam.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. nicolecacola

nicolecacola Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +717
    Off topic: @NickJr135 has a 1mil+ humanity and he shoots everything that moves.

On topic: I do like the idea that combo'ing is dumb because you just randomly pull out all of your guns, but this will make people with full d and a p90 and barret pretty much invincible. Also, I have found numerous FP glitches with delays that made you shoot faster instead of slower, which was the purpose of the delay in the first place. I think that noscope accuracy on ALL GUNS, ESPECIALLY SNIPERS should be nerfed so people could combo, but would still need to have aim and won't get lucky shots.

• Neutral Neutral x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. bob8is8cool

Ratings:
    +430
    Combos really ruin this game. You shouldn't have insane good loot, just to be shot by two guns in under a second, killing you.

Snipers should honestly NOT be used to kill an armor person. They should use the p90 up close. The P90 should be spammed up close, because it's an automatic.

Last, players will move on. It doesn't matter. P.S. Disagree votes don't count as negatives, so those won't effect you :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. darthnall

darthnall Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Snipers are for sniping. They're to be used at a range to weaken, if not eliminate your opponents before you rush in for the kill. Weapon switching would add a new variable to fights and make them more like you're in a gun fight, rather than a click-fest. Mc-War hosts the fights that you're describing.

EDIT: Can we please get back on topic, guys? I don't want to have to lock this thread due to flame war.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. imatson9119

imatson9119 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I don't think that we're intent on removing combination, but rather trying to add a new element of skill to the game. You could hold people up with this. How awesome is that?

13. bob8is8cool

Ratings:
    +430
    Thins is very true. If all no scopes were nerfed, combos would be quite hard. They would still exist though.

Honestly, the combo is just illogical. You use this heavy machine gun, instantly switch to having a sniper in your hands, shoot it perfectly while having it at your hip, then pull out the shotgun to finish someone off. It doesn't make sense.

However, imagine rushing someone with an automatic or shot gun. That's logical.

Also, full diamonds may have the ability to spam food and be invincible with this delay, but they can not shoot you. When they switch from food to their gun again, there would be another delay. There armor would break or you would kill them because they are eating food and not shooting.

It's a bit of both actually. Remove the combo, more realistic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. C9_Mango

Ratings:
    +391
    But then barret is useless on full d... You can pasta before the get to shoot the next gun!

You say combos make full d invincible. This would make them even more invincible!
    But then snipers and shotguns are useless to killing a full d. Absolutely useless. They can just use pasta to regen and p90 spam you to death. This would make full d even more invincible than they already are!
    But then this "weakening" can be avoided simply by eating 2 cans of pasta. The problem is, full d's can't be 1 shotted. This makes automatics the only way to kill them, utterly contradicting your own argue. You say full d's are too hard to kill with combos, this will make them even harder to kill. As long as they are good, and they stay their distance, and you are 2/4 d or under, you are as good as dead. With this idea, it would be almost impossible to kill full d, even more than it already is.
    Think though. Is a zombie apocalypse realistic in the first place? No, it isn't. Like I said before, as long as the full d is even remotely good, they will pick your off with snipers, assuming you are 2/4 d or below. Sniping battles would just disappear. All you would need to do is shoot, get behind a corner, eat, and shoot again. You. Could. Never. Die.

Again, I restate, this idea would render 3/4 of the gun types in the game useless. Only automatics would ever be used in combat. Is that realistic either? No, it isn't.

15. imatson9119

imatson9119 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    You keep on mentioning eating pasta to recover, but you realize that if this is added, you will have to wait to shoot again after you eat. Also, about not using shotguns against full diamonds, who ever used shotguns on diamonds in the first place? Earlier today I shot a fresh spawn with a spas-12 full on, and it didn't even kill him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. C9_Mango

Ratings:
    +391
    Yes, ima, but as a said before, all you have to do is stay 50+ blocks away, and boom, you cannot die. What I am saying is that now, you can m16 barret combo, allowing you to kill full d from a distance. Now, the full d with this suggestion just needs to get behind a corner, wait like 5 seconds, and 1 shot the enemy. Yes you will have to wait, but it isn't like you can eat pasta to get out of a 1 shot.

Also, I use shotguns all the time. M16 barret spas kills legit everything.

17. bob8is8cool

Ratings:
    +430
    By all means, if you can't kill a full diamond in under a second, this game will suck! The M16 Barrett is really annoying.

18. nicolecacola

nicolecacola Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +717
    You can EASILY kill full ds with one gun. They could also do this if it needs to be balanced
    1) add a longer delay for food
    2) you can get better aim
    3) add a delay time from guns-food and food-guns, so they can't just tank you
    4) gun called spas 12

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904
    The delay to switching guns was 1 second, but way too many people complained about it so it was decreased. Think about how many people would be angry just to make a select group of people happy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm for this idea 100%, but it would get so many people angry it's just not worth all these people leaving just to make a few people happy, you know?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. IronRaven

IronRaven Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Yes. Agree 100%. I would love it, but many others would not.