1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Chopo's PvP Guide

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Chopo, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Chopo

Chopo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Because of my internet on PvP Survival, I don't pvp much, I mainly track. I'm going to give you guys my best pvp tips.

Ping:
    Your ping (ms), is a very important part of pvp. The lower ms you have, the better your internet is. Check out your ping at speedtest.net. The average ping (for me anyways) is always around 60-80 ms. If you have more than 150 ms, pvping is not for you. You can probably pvp, but it is a LOT harder. The only way to get better ping is getting a better internet provider. I think most people have decent ping, but others have bad ping at times. (me especially.... .-.)

Strafing:
    Strafing is a technique that dates back all the way back to mcpvp's early days of hardcore. Strafing is very simple. It's just going left to right and hitting your opponent at the same time.

• Strafing makes it harder for people to land hits on you.
    • Strafing enables you to get massive combos.
    • Strafing may also make people think you're hacking. (.-.)

Configuring a button on your keyboard to your in-game sprint key enables you strafe a lot easier. If you have a gaming mouse, you can also bind your sprint key to one of your mouse's buttons.

For non-gaming mouse peeps:

contr0ls.png

I customized my sprint key to be 'alt' on my keyboard. (next to space.) Make sure to make the key your set your sprint to something you can easily access.

(Options > Controls)

For those of you wondering, the Mo' Bends mod is allowed, I contacted Signatured about it. Now you know.

Blockhitting:
    Blockhitting is when you click both your right and left mouse buttons and attack an opponent. Blockhitting lowers damage during fights, and helps you get an edge on your opponent. If your ping is REALLY good, you can sprint an blockhit at the same time (delayed) and get huge combos. It is best to use this technique in cave fights/closed in areas. Make sure not to use blockhitting in an open area fight.

Potions:
    As most of you know, potions are designed to give you extreme buffs for a short period of time (1:07 - 8:00 mins). Having a strength potion is essential during pvp fights, speed is also very useful.

Strength:

• Damages your opponents more, making them use more soup.
    • Gets you quicker kills.

Speed:

• Let's you strafe easier.
    • Running away is a lot more convenient, making it harder for people to catch up to you and letting you refill easier.

Fire Resistance:

• Helps make fire less annoying.
    • Useful during OP fights w/ people that have fire swords.

You can also brew up some Instant damage pots (for a crap load of resources) and pot spam people.

Pot spamming:
    Pot spamming is the technique in which you brew up/get about a hotbar of instant damage pots and chuck them at people. This is especially useful when there's a full OP player ruining everyone's day, or for someone you hate. People might hate you for doing this, but it will be hilarious. (I guarantee it).

More stoof:

• Do NOT run backwards and swing at your opponents, it gets you killed easily.
    • PvP resource packs w/ low fire are extremely useful.

I hope you enjoy my tutorial, there's tons more techniques, but these are just the basics. I'll make sure to cover more techniques if you guys want me to. :]

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bassmaster6

bassmaster6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +174
    Nice guide. You should add some armor suggestions too. Like what armor / sword they should use in a certain fight. Like diamond armor, a sharp 3 sword and pots to take on 2 or more iron people.

3. JaydenChadd

JaydenChadd Former SMod / Community Manager

Ratings:
    +846
    Really good guide! This can be very useful.
    For me.. XD

Great job Chopo! :smile:

4. ZapCrusher

ZapCrusher Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +627
    Nice Guide.
    I have a 30 ping :V
    What's your highest combo (how much time did you keep your combo going)

5. demonguy567

demonguy567 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    most people now that.but good guide

6. Parkman1221

Parkman1221 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360
    Good guide Chopo.
    But you also realize that you can check your in game ping by doing /ping right?

7. Chopo

Chopo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Yes, Idk if it's accurate though.

8. MrWaffleman

MrWaffleman The negligence of time's end is man's downfall

Ratings:
    +650
    I like how you don't say something like "Wear a full set of diamond armor and your ready to go!" This usually makes me mad because you can still have skills without armour. If you had good souping skills you could get a stone sword and kill someone with full iron armor. Your guide is very helpful, if you learn any more tricks I'll (and probably PvP Survival citizens) be waiting =).

9. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +643
    Lock requested by owner.
    [​IMG]