1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

[Starting Survival] (click if you are new!)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by D3monNW12345, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. D3monNW12345

D3monNW12345 Active Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hey! This guide will be about how to start playing McBrawl Survival, tips and tricks on how to build bases, PvP, and many other things that you would want to know. We start off at....

[​IMG]

When you first start off at the spawn, you will see 4 different directions - North, East, South and West. To begin, I highly recommend that you head in the direction of North West as this is where there are many trees to make your basic tools with.

[​IMG]

BUT WAIT!
    You're going to need some food before you adventure out. Underneath the spawn area there is a pig spawner where pigs will spawn regularly every 30-60 seconds. Kill a couple of pigs (4-8) with your fists then continue to go North West of spawn. Be careful though - once you cross the black line your spawn protection will go, and you won't be immune to other player's attacks. Unlike other servers, once you cross the line again, you will not re-gain your previous spawn protection.

[​IMG]

TIP: To get your spawn protection back simply say /spawn and wait 15 seconds.

[​IMG]

To add to this, make sure no players are near you when you step out of spawn protection to prevent imminent death! Continuing on - you will need to walk a good couple 10-300 blocks out from the North West direction to find trees. From here, continue your basic Minecraft strategy - punch the tree, get wood, etc.

[​IMG]
    Now that you have your basic wooden tools (maybe cobble if you went the extra mile!) you will need to build a base. Make sure you have a:
    •Axe
    •Pickaxe
    •Sword
    •Shovel

Get some extra wood and continue on about (1000-2000) blocks. This is a good place to build a base as a beginner. Get your shovel and pickaxe, and mine down till you are about 30-40 blocks deep, depending on where you are. Mine out a 6x6 area and fill it with wooden planks (convert your wood into planks). Make 2 double chests, and put any extra things you have in there. Now type into the chat /warp set, so that you will be able to go back to spawn and then be able to go back. Never leave spawn with any precious items, such as diamonds, gold, iron, etc. Now that your base is sorted, you will need to mine for ores. Don't dismiss gold, as this is a very important part of the McBrawl economy (this will be explained later).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now you will need to begin to mine. From your base with crafting table, mine down and try and fine some iron. Smelt it, and make a iron pickaxe. Keep mining till you have 26 iron, enough for a full iron set with sword. Now say /home, and you will go back to your base. Craft your iron armour and sword (after smelting it). Since you now have iron
    Armour, begin to expand your base and add more chests, etc. After a while you should have a base about the size of 10x10. Go back to spawn (if
    necessary) and get more food from the pigs. You will now need to return to the mines; getting diamonds, more iron, and here comes the next section; GOLD!

[​IMG]
    Gold is the main currency of McBrawl. It is used to buy different things from different players that you may not be able to get at the time. Gold can be spent in the Survival Shop, opened by typing /shop. Here there is many different categories to choose from, such as armour, weapons, blocks, food, etc. Once you have got gold, you will need to smelt it, then type in /deposit *gold amount* to be able to buy things. If for any reason you want to withdraw your gold, simply type in /withdraw *gold amount*. As a beginner, gold is very useful to you, as you can buy diamonds for a small price of 3-4g. This is why you shouldn't dismiss gold now - so get out there, and look for gold also! With gold you can also sell your items! If you would like to sell a piece of wood, go the shop, click the wood in your inventory, then type in the amount you want to sell. For example, if you wanted to sell one you would type in "1". Then enter the amount you wish to sell it at. A reasonable and good price is around 0.02g each. Once someone buys it, the amount you sold it at will go into your balance (with a small economy fee). A good way to boost your sales is to buy all the other sellers items underneath the price of yours, then resell them to your price, then you will be the top seller, and then you can adjust the price as you see fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And so we come to Voting, a good way to earn lots of diamonds, gold, iron, etc every day!
    Voting for McBrawl is very beneficial to the server; it ranks them higher in the list of servers, therefore more players, etc. Not only that, but you also get rewards for voting, such as diamonds, gold and iron. To vote, you must say /vote, click Vote Links, and vote with your username at each link. Then type /rewards and choose your reward. You can only get 50 vote tokens daily, but if you buy a global rank such as VIP or MVP you will be able to gain more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    PvP in McBrawl can be quite tricky as a beginner. Many players use potions, diamond armour, and good swords with enchants and soups, which as a beginner you do not have. I recommend that you don't PvP until you have at least 3 sets of iron armour, a few soups, and potions as if you don't have these, a more advanced player will probably come and kill you when you fight someone. In addition to the gold section, you can buy swords and potions with the /shop feature. There are many tactics to use such as:

- Splash Potting
    This is useful against a more advanced player. Brew or buy some Instant Damage potions, then throw 3+ of them at a person you want to kill. The majority of the time this will work, but in others it wont, so be careful!

- Debuffing

Use weakness splash potions and slowness splash potions, also poison and as mentioned above Instant Damage Potions to have a higher chance of winning against your opponent.

- Weak Spots

If someone does not have armour on a specific place, make sure you try to hit there as you will deal more damage to them than as hitting them in a place with armour on.

There are also many different ways to fight with your sword like:

- Blockhitting: Left click and right click at the same time to deal damage but not take as much damage from your opponent

- Strafe: Run whilst tapping A and D to prevent your opponent from hitting you, whilst you can hit them.

- Critical Jumping: Jump and hit whilst hitting an opponent from behind to deal a critical which does much more damage than a normal attack.

This basically sums up PvP, as the rest comes naturally with practice.

[​IMG]
    Continue to expand your bases, and soon make your base in the sky, or surrounded by lava to prevent hackers (xray mainly) from finding your base. A good base design is this which @ExTr3me_FuZioN built for me: [​IMG]
    I recommend making a farm, potion bank, and a better vault ^ to store your diamonds, iron, etc in. Remember: never keep your gold in your vault because if raided, it will all be gone! Always deposit your gold.

Keep mining, keep selling items, and enjoy McBrawl Survival PvP!

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #1 D3monNW12345, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  2. MortalJE

MortalJE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277
    Very informative thread so far Gamer keep it up:wink:

3. D3monNW12345

Ratings:
    +11

4. RedCwap

RedCwap Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Naic n Very informative thread Keep it on!

5. kindabigboy

kindabigboy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157
    Wow. That was just out of my mind amazing. I really liked the way you use the Section 1 thing-a-ma-bobber. Keep it up!

6. Canoodle

Canoodle Former Staff Manager

Ratings:
    +495
    Nice job! I'll make sure to link this thread to new comers in-game, as well as the pvp wiki one. This is extremely informative!

7. booflame

booflame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +557
    Defiantly one of the more cheerful guides. This is not a major issue, however if you highlight your section 1 - 7 photos and then click align center it will look more organized. :smile:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Scoat2

Scoat2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +390
    This isn't true. Armor values add up and reduce the damage you put out no matter where you hit a player.

Otherwise, this is a really well laid out guide. I like the pictures and graphics.

#8 Scoat2, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  9. D3monNW12345

Ratings:
    +11
    ah i read somewhere on the forums about this

10. lncome

lncome Active Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Bump, there's a better chance for the beginners to see this if it's higher up

11. jarboyp

jarboyp Bunny Defender

Ratings:
    +94
    Why isn't soup mentioned in the pvp guide? It is kinda've a game changer.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...