1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

How to turn any block into a chest!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by GhastXVI, Jan 15, 2015.

?

Will you use this?

1. Lol no way

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. YEAS

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. GhastXVI

GhastXVI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30
    There is a sick way to turn any block into a chest, like this:

O=Random block
    P=Piston (Facing down)
    -=Lever
    ==Rail
    &=Minecart
    N=Nothing
    I will be doing this by making vertical layers facing upwards, so the first layer will basically be viewed from a viewpoint, the first layer will be the back viewpoint. The second the layer after that and so on.

Layer 1:
    NNN
    NON
    NON
    NON
    NON
    NNN

Layer 2:
    OOO
    OPO
    OOO
    O&O
    O=O
    OOO

Layer 3:
    OOO
    OO -
    OOO
    OOO
    OOO
    OOO

Instructions:
    Now that you have 2 layers (Including the button) made of a piston, a minecart on a rail and blocks surrounding it. Make sure too use whatever block you want, preferably bookshelves or just stone.

Now, switch the lever so that the piston pushes down the minecart, if done right, you should find that the block pushed down by the piston has turned into a chest when you right-click, with the title being 'Minecart'.

(If the minecart is sticking out, then simply rebuild the contraption but the other way round)

Now, simply break the piston and the lever, and refill the spaces with whatever block fits best. Now, it should be that every time you right-click on the chest-block and a GUI should open with a chest, now fill the chest with whatever you want.

The chest-block is now ready to use!​

2. Elkus

Elkus Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    This is pretty sick bro. I think you should take some screenshots of every layer, tho, so people can get an easier understanding. :smile:

Also, if you use the /summon command to summon a minecart chest, with just the right amount of movement on the right axis, you can even rename the chest. :grinning: However, if you don't have access to a command block, this is definitely a good way to do it. :smile: (Like inside of creative.mcbrawl.com, in which you have to be *OP to use a command block.) Here's a pretty good tutorial on how to use it with a command block: TUTORIAL.
    I am definitely going to be using this on creative.mcbrawl.com! Great tutorial bro. :grinning:

*lol pun! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SasMastah

SasMastah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207
    I've seen this, its especially cool if you use bookshelves to make a secret library storage :wink:

4. GhastXVI

GhastXVI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Thanks Elkus <3
    Btw thx for the follow :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. x38

x38 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Is there a video of it? If so I'll be happy to watch it :grinning: