1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Remove suiciding/reverse boosting in all game modes.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by SoMuchWinning, Feb 9, 2015.

?

Would you like to have /kill & suiciding in infected removed.

1. Yes

41.7%
  2. No (Just post it)

45.8%
  3. Neutral (Alternatives)

12.5%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. SoMuchWinning

SoMuchWinning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Let me explain.
    A lot of you, people, are so used to suicide, that now, it's not fun to play infected. The triple kill is extremely broken (I feel like it should be fixed to 1 kill only), and generally speaking, there has NEVER been suiciding in Call of Duty's infected game modes (other than via exploits or such).
    With 1.8, you won't be able to break blocks. However, I have heard certain talking about the controversial /kill command. It's physically IMPOSSIBLE to restrict it to certain game mode (it would be exploited), and I'm confident that if you did /kill or /suicide back in the old version of the plugin, you'd get the kill action text that counts a kill towards a player that killed you previously. This can easily be exploited, and a friend of mine helped me to clarify this a long time ago:
    You can get a nuke just because the player you just killed did /kill repeatedly, 20+ times.

Now, in the infected, I strongly hate players who suicide because of free exp bonus and stuff you get by playing infected. It's not even entertaining to play it as a survivor, because each time something like this on s1 happens, 4 EMPs get launched in a row and everyone dies.
    I think that if the player suicided in the current version of 1.7.x (where you can break blocks in AMode), you should be immediately sent to spawn with a message stating that you are exploiting a bug.
    With the 1.8, the problem will be fixed. But oh god, if the /kill is added, it IS simply going to have way too many downsides to consider. This includes boosting, reverse boosting, cheap kills and broken experience no one would enjoy.

So, to sum it up:
    We should ditch /kill and /suicide permanently.
    We should kick players who broke a block in infected over to lobby, with argument "No block glitching".

TL;DR
    Remove /kill in 1.8, and kick players over to lobby if they break a block in the infected.

Another change we could implement, is that if the starting infected is AFK, we could simply shut down the map if nobody has died for 2 minutes straight, just like in Call of Duty.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 SoMuchWinning, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Highly Established Member

Ratings:
    +1,826
    I like your idea, but a random player should automatically be infected if no survivor gets killed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Dathamier

Dathamier Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393
    I don't even understand the point (of suiciding), it kind of ruins the fun (or sometimes the lack thereof) for the root infected, not to mention it makes the game more difficult for the survivors, who are already set up to lose.
    so yes, I would love having a failsafe in place to prevent suiciding

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. stork12345678

stork12345678 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Being a zombie is more fun then being a survivor but thats only if you have c4, grenades, molotovs and such.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tallscot

tallscot sceptiiiiiii

Ratings:
    +1,572
    No.

There are a ton of maps that are extremely unbalanced that the infected always win. I'd rather have the upper hand on one of those maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SasMastah

SasMastah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207
    Deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. tallscot

tallscot sceptiiiiiii

Ratings:
    +1,572
    Oh well, it's already implemented.

There goes a lot of fun.

8. StrikerSly

StrikerSly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +745
    Even though this has already been dealt with, I wanted to share my opinion

I think suiciding SHOULD be kept for a number of reasons: A) some maps are unfair and the infected may not stand a chance unless help is given, and B) the root zombie may be AFK, may disconnect or /spawn, or may not be playing the game properly.

In my opinion, the suiciding may be much, but there are more issues without it, than with it

I'm going to give this a +0, since 1.8 has been added anyway, but I see where your idea is coming from.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. pyphy

pyphy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51
    No, I would love to have suiciding back. It is so much fun to do in infect. It also gets you big-time scores.

10. SoMuchWinning

Ratings:
    +1,568
    That's the reason.
    It's unfair towards the survivors, and COMPLETELY breaks down the balancing.
    As I see, people want cheap credits and xp.

11. pyphy

pyphy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Very true

12. SoMuchWinning

Ratings:
    +1,568
    I mean, I opposed your opinion in that post...

13. pyphy

pyphy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Still it makes more sense... I still want suiciding those :rage:

14. Cappuccino

Cappuccino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +340
    Perhaps the person nearest spawn gets 'plagued' and dies. This way there will always be an infected person.

15. TORINBRODY1

TORINBRODY1 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This is stupid... Infect is suppost to be fun for the infected aswell. So what if you always die because of suiciders, learn how to play... Its stupid when the root gets spawnkilled, everyone wants the same thing: XP and thats whats wrong, its about having fun not what you gain on a screen...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SoMuchWinning

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Please elaborate, are you stating that the infected players should be allowed to suicide because of exo or something? It is kind of difficult to understand.

17. RyGuy

RyGuy developer man

Ratings:
    +1,067
    This how I would lay it out. You have people with just fists and speed, but one-hit shots. Than you have people with long ranged guns. The guns would beat the people, correct? Also, as many others said, many maps (Launch etc) are very unbalanced, favoring the humans by a lot. Also, it does take skill to be a zombie. Grenades, molotov's, and flashbangs take much skill to use.
    So no.
    Also, you do make a fair argument on how this could give people easy credits, and xp. On some maps, if the humans do not work fast enough, than yes. But on most other maps, no.

18. TORINBRODY1

TORINBRODY1 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I want suiciding to stay...

19. RyGuy

RyGuy developer man

Ratings:
    +1,067
    Such elaboration. Much wow

20. PorkChops30

PorkChops30 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130
    Suiciding needs to stay. It's not "fun" or"unfair" for survivors are not valid reasons to erase suiciding in infect. In maps like dustbowl1 zombies get 10+ deaths and almost no kills. Only a few people get lots of kills from nading/c4ing crowded areas in maps like killhouse and firingrange despite the "unfairness" of those maps. Also, survivors have op guns such as ray and miniguns. Also, lots of zombies make it fun for the survivors because it gets them more kills. Some maps favor the infect and some don't. Deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #20 PorkChops30, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015