1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

SGG Rants!

Discussion in 'Survival Games w/ Guns' started by _DarkSunlight_, Feb 23, 2015.

?

Bring the old FpsHG back!

1. Yes, I really miss the old FpsHG

97.2%
  2. No, I am fine with the new FpsHG

2.8%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. _DarkSunlight_

Ratings:
    +11
    WOW FPSHG is now starting to suck. Many people might like the new thing going on but it became too similar to regular sg, but it still has guns. I liked the old style a lot better where you could find guns. On my first game I found an MG4 and a Dragunov. I honestly think they should change it back to FPSHG 1.0. That's just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SoMuchWinning

SoMuchWinning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568
    What is the difference then?

3. IronRaven

IronRaven Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +343
    What?

4. bassmaster6

bassmaster6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +174
    I agree, the new fps is not fun at all. In the first version you used to be able to make teams and play with your friends. There were more chests on the last version in which made for fun looting. Now you are lucky to get 1 or 2 chests other than the ones at the center. I think we should incorporate some of the old fpshg features instead of tossing them all out. I do like the map voting and the expanded kit selection though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sir_Javid

Sir_Javid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I come home after a long day anticipating a good game of fpsHG. I logged on shortly after arriving home. I joined and was immediately over-joyed something new happened! After a few seconds me and my friend were like "let's team so we can rekt ppl!". Odd, there's no teaming? Little annoyed, I said "At least I have my stats!" Odd, I couldn't check them. I decided to go in as positive as possible. The worst five minutes of my life. I would rather jump off a bridge than play this game again. I had one thousand kills and a 5.22 kdr. I worked for all my classes. And to be fair, I would have not minded if the game got better and I lost my classes, or stats for that matter. I'm not a fan of the chests. At first, I liked the scarcity but I came along one goddamn chest. One. That chest was at the bottom of a little pit that seemed normal, now I'm trapped. Sad my first post had to be my resignation off of this terrible update.

#5 Sir_Javid, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
  6. profbonkars

profbonkars Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171
    I am glad people appreciate the hard work that was put into making fpsHG 2.0

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Serine1002

Serine1002 A shadow in the night

Ratings:
    +881
    Be glad that this won't be coming out soon, or possibly ever.

8. tallscot

tallscot sceptiiiiiii

Ratings:
    +1,572
    I miss the 'Nearby Chests' compass section.
    I miss teams.
    I miss chests, it's very hard to find them now.

I miss the old fpsHG.
    The only decent thing is that chests refill.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 18kss

18kss All is within

Ratings:
    +1,913
    Discord:
    18kss#5951
    Personally I miss it; just remember that it is currently in the Beta stage, so some changes may not be permanent.

10. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Highly Established Member

Ratings:
    +1,826
    The only thing I don't like about it is Minecraft food items instead of custom food items, such as canned beans.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Serine1002

Serine1002 A shadow in the night

Ratings:
    +881
    Yep I agree. I'm quiting if this is permanent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MemeGodKevin

MemeGodKevin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105
    The new fpshg is sucky. Its is really tough to find guns. The fun of the old version was the luck factor, where you could get full tier 4s one round an then just an m4a1 and a dragu next round. We just need more chests now though honestly, in both fpshg and the normal sg, or we need the nearby chests thing on the compass again. I also miss custom food and teams. Honestly, unless something changes, I'm done with fpshg.

13. MrWaffleman

MrWaffleman The negligence of time's end is man's downfall

Ratings:
    +650
    Maybe you can choose fpsHG 1.0 and fpsHG 2.0 from different GUIs?

• Like Like x 2
  14. UnknownIdentity

UnknownIdentity Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +201
    They even changed the name... On the fricking hub...
    Of course it couldn't be crappier "Survival Games with guns"...

Are you trying to relax us with this BS while we wait for War 2.0?

I'll just admit that this is so bad, doesn't make me want to play this crap anymore.
    #BringBackFpsHG1.0

• Like Like x 2
  15. TofuDaDwagon

TofuDaDwagon Member

Ratings:
    +22
    McBrawl's FPSHG was like no other HG server I have played. What set it apart? Besides an awesome player and staff base, one of the reasons I kept coming back to FPSHG was the teaming system. I have played on many HG servers with my friends before finding McBrawl, and not one of them had teams. I am sure there are a few out there now, but they are few and far between. This distinction set McBrawl above and beyond the other HG servers. I felt I gave 2.0 an open mind. I pushed the loss of my kits and stats out of my mind and tried to enjoy it. However, when my best friend and I were forced to fight at the end of the DM... well, we agreed we will not be playing HG anymore together. Perhaps there are many players who do not like teaming; in fact, I know there is a solid base who always lone wolf. The beauty of the old FPSHG allowed those who wanted to team to team, and those who wanted to solo, to solo. I love teams, but I also love going solo... against teams! I am sure many of my fellow players have felt the thrill of taking down a large team while alone. I do not expect that again with the new update.

What bothers me most, is that the old server was not kept. I have a, possibly naive, belief that the owners of McBrawl only want to make the server the most fun possible for its players. However, McBrawl already had a strong base of players playing FPSHG... I believe the action McBrawl should have taken would be to have the old FPSHG still up and available to play. They need to fix the donating issues so I can give them my money. I am not happy with McBrawl. Although I had no real reason to expect anything different, I feel as though countless hours on FPSHG to reach the top 20 on the leaderboards has been stolen from me... without my opinion on the matter being asked. I feel robbed. What do you expect, Tofu? No, McBrawl did nothing wrong... it just makes me feel unhappy. I will mourn the loss of my favorite game.

In summary.... McBrawl no longer has a Hunger Games style game mode that is set above the rest. Many of the best features have been lost; teams, the spread spawning, the hard-earned KDRs and leaderboard rankings, the giant matches with 60 players... McBrawl feasibly could have had three server sections: SG, SG with Guns, and FPSHG. If McBrawl ever wants my donations, my friends' donations, and any like-minded players... they will bring back the beloved FPSHG.

I'd love to see your comments, if you agree, disagree, or are a fluffy panda and are incapable on expressing an opinion on a video game. Thanks everyone,
    Tofu

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Chopo

Chopo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    wait there's an fpshg 2.0 what

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Piky

Piky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,539
    I actually loved teaming in fpsHG, it had set something for most of us players and new comers to join teams whenever. Like you said the thrill of killing teams was really fun. In my opinion, I wish there could be teaming like in the old fpsHG. Now I can't team with my friends and it's not a lot of fun anymore :c

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. RezIsStupid

RezIsStupid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +262
    Wait what!? They made a fpsHG update where you can't team anymore? When did that happen?

19. RezIsStupid

RezIsStupid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +262
    So McBrawl delayes one of the most hyped up updates for 1 and a half years, and instead of actually finishing it, they turn one of their better ganemodes into a pile of garbage? Who's idea was that? Making a worse copy of mineswine? I mean, what the hell did you replace your brains with? A potato? Or mabye an onion. Either way, I tought McBrawl wanted to become bigger and better, not worse...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #19 RezIsStupid, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  20. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Highly Established Member

Ratings:
    +1,826