1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

MinecraftParty Gamemodes & Tips n Tricks

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Bvo, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Bvo

Bvo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278
    Gamemodes:

Boat Race
    -Fastest player to make it to the finish line, without hitting a log, wins. Avoid hitting the moving logs by maneuvering around them.

Chicken Game
    -Kill livestock and get the most points to win.

Dead End
    -After a few moments, players must run around while blocks are being removed from under their feet. You cannot jump to cross over, so plan your path wisely. The last player still running around or time limit reaches will win the round.

Diamond Mine
    -Mine for diamonds and emeralds. Whoever has the most in their inventory at the end of the game wins!

Horse Race
    -Race around the track and be the first one to finish to win a star.

Minefield
    -Make it to the end first while dodging pressure plates. Every pressure plate explodes on contact and will send you back to the beginning to start over.

Rainbow Parkour
    -Make it to the end first to win.

Red Alert
    -Players spawn on a wool platform and after standing on a block for a moment, it will start to decay. The decay process is yellow, orange, red, and finally the block disappears. The last person alive wins.

Red Light Green Light
    -Make it to the end first while following the red, yellow, and green lights (wool)

Smoke Monster
    -Avoid the smoke monster and be the last survivor to win.

Spleef
    -You spawn with a shovel after a few moments and begin to break the snow around you. The objective of this game is to make your opponent (everyone) fall on the obsidian, which eliminates them from the round. As you break snow blocks, you collect snowballs which can be used to get pesky islanders. The player(s) who last out the round, win a star.

Wool Mix-up
    -A random colored wool block will spawn in each players hotbar and they will need to react quickly to make it onto that colored square before time runs out. Your exp bar shows how much time between each color cycle. Last man standing wins.

Tips & Tricks:

-Try using F5 mode to have a greater view of your surroundings.
    -Your exp bar in Wool Mix-up shows the time you have to jump to each block. Time decreases as the game progresses
    -In Horse Race, press the space bar (jump) every second or so to get a speed boost.
    -Your exp level in certain gamemodes such as Minefield, Boat Race, Red Light Green Light, Rainbow Parkour, etc., shows what place you are currently in.
    -In Diamond Mine, one emerald is equal to three diamonds!
    -In Boat Race, holding down forward and moving your head left and right to steer provides more control than simply the arrow keys
    -When attacking cows in the Chicken Game, try to jump and critical hit them for a one shot kill. Simply running up and hitting them will make it run away, resulting in an easy three points for another player.
    -In Diamond Mine, ores spawn randomly throughout all levels. Digging straight to the bottom level will only give you more competition for ores.
    -In Smoke Monster, the actual hit-box is smaller than the "smoke" effect produced. Don't be afraid to cut it closer when dodging the monster.

I will be updating this thread when with new tips, tricks, and gamemodes when they are added. Hope this helps!

Any questions? Feel free to ask away!

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #1 Bvo, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. jacobkolstad

jacobkolstad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +200
    The gamemode where the glass vanish while you run on it? What gamemode is that?

3. Bvo

Bvo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278
    That is TNT Run. Thanks, i forgot to add that one. The glass was replaced with gold blocks and lag was removed for the most part.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VforVenom

VforVenom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Also expect more gamemodes to come.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBSlayer5150

BBSlayer5150 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Now just so I am clear, can we create new maps for current games, such as horse race and rainbow jump? Also, when we create a new map, should we provide a description of how the game will function. Thanks

6. VforVenom

Ratings:
    +187
    Absolutely make new maps, we want as many as you can make. Granted, we want them to be quality, good maps. So be sure to have the dimesions right and make sure everything is fuctional and fluent. We especially need maps for Horse Race, not as much for rainbow jump but we'll take a look at everything you submit.

7. BBSlayer5150

Ratings:
    +362
    Ok thanks. What would be the optimal amount of players we should consider when making our maps? I think that is it, I will edit this post if I have any further questions.

8. VforVenom

Ratings:
    +187
    Well I don't know the exact number but when I play, the players range from 50-90 players usually. So build them big enough for a lot of players.

9. kevinart2011

kevinart2011 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Great gamemodes

10. GreenPeas

GreenPeas The man, the myth, the meme

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Looking forward for more gamemodes to come!

11. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +643
    EDIT: Change Minefield!

12. SHT00K

SHT00K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Thanks Bvo for the info, all of these game modes are great starting modes. Can't wait for the next games to come.

13. etano

etano Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Budder?

14. Carsonn

Carsonn #1 WarZ Looter

Ratings:
    +523
    Discord:
    Carson#2211
    Yes, now that not all blocks are pressure plates, all pressure plates explode on contact, so this needs an update @8vo

15. GreenPeas

GreenPeas The man, the myth, the meme

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Hmm, I'm not sure on this one, I do not think it is every pressure point if I am honest. It is a higher percentage than the previous version of Minefield however, there is less pressure plates so its only fair. But I still do not think it is every.
    I believe this is in need of an update.

16. BBSlayer5150

Ratings:
    +362
    I have played minefield a lot, and I have never stepped on a pressure plate that didnt explode, I can say from personal experience.

17. booflame

booflame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +557
    Update this to include the new minigames please (The mining one and the animal killing one).

18. Bvo

Bvo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278
    Updated to the current version.

19. booflame

booflame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +557
    Thank you. :smile:

20. koeniedoenie

koeniedoenie Active Member