1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Guide to using the in-game shop (Survival PvP)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Sir_William_V, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Sir_William_V

Sir_William_V Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Type the command "/shop" in chat (without the quotations).​
    This will bring up a UI with categories represented by items or blocks. Click on the category you are interested in and you will be able to hover over the item to view the number of that item being sold, the price per individual of that item, and the player who is selling that item.

Type the command "/sell" in chat.​
    After entering the command, your inventory will be brought up. Click the item you wish to sell. The chat will prompt you how many of this item you want to sell and also list the number of that item available in your inventory.

After entering the number and hitting enter, chat will once again prompt you, but this time​
    for the price of each item you specified. This is important; it is NOT asking how much you want to sell the whole batch for, it is asking how much you want to sell EACH individual item. An example would be selling 5 golden apples for 3g each. If someone were to buy all 5 of your golden apples, they would pay 15g total.

It is highly recommended that before selling or buying that you check the current prices​
    of the item you are looking to sell or buy. If buying something like a golden apple or a bookcase, it would be a good idea to check each of the components of each finished product. You might be able to buy the 8 gold ingots and apple for less than the total of buying a golden apple straight up. Same thing with the bookcase, considering that reeds need to be turned into paper and then turned into books by adding leather, and then throwing three books together and some planks for the bookcase, it's a good bet you might be able to buy the ingredients for a finished bookcase cheaper than the bookcase itself.

This leads into selling. Like above, make sure that if you're going to be selling something​
    like a bookcase that you sell it for the sum of the cheapest ingredients for sale, or else it might not sell at all if it is seen as overpriced. Also, I would also always try to sell something for a little bit less than others are selling it for. This way your item will (should) most likely be purchased before the others.

Another tip when selling is to not sell too much of an item at a time.​
    It takes a fair amount of time to mine a few stacks of iron. If you were to sell your 3 stacks of iron ingots at just below the market price, that's pretty good, but if someone comes along soon after and sells his/her iron ingots for less than yours, you'll have 3 stacks of iron ingot floating around in the market not being bought, and possibly even buried by cheaper items for good. To avoid this you'll want to have some place to store your valuables for future selling.

This guide is a work in progress. I would very much appreciate it if you can give me feedback​
    about it and help me refine the ideas and methods mentioned! Thank you for reading this wall of text :woot:

-Kyle

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 Sir_William_V, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Highly Established Member

Ratings:
    +1,826
    Group your sections using spoilers for better organization.

Example
    Type the command "/sell" in chat.
    After entering the command, your inventory will be brought up. Click the item you wish to sell. The chat will prompt you how many of this item you want to sell and also list the number of that item available in your inventory.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sir_William_V

Sir_William_V Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I've never been a forum adept.

4. Nxy

Nxy Just another birb

Ratings:
    +164
    good thread! This is a good guide on how survival's shop works. It also explains how to use the shop and how to buy, sell, etc. (good format with the spoilers). :grinning: Now when someone asks "how do I use the shop?" I'll just link them to this thread. +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WilliamPeytz

WilliamPeytz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can I ask what happend to rino?

6. MR_EVIL_OVERLORD

MR_EVIL_OVERLORD Elite Legacy Legend | PRO | Genius Super Villain

Ratings:
    +1,401
    Thank you, this was very helpful! This was a very helpful thread.

7. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Nice. If I ever decide to play Survival PvP, I'll use this guide.

8. Sir_William_V

Sir_William_V Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all! I'm glad I could contribute.