1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

What is your server preference?

Discussion in 'Hardcore Games' started by chickenputty, Jun 3, 2015.

?

What is your server preference?

1. Soup

51 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. No-Soup

31 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Both - Soup and No Soup every 15 minutes

13 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Both - Soup then No Soup every 15 minutes (alternating)

31 vote(s)
    24.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. chickenputty

chickenputty License & registration?

Ratings:
    +5,463
    Discord:
    Putty#9999
    Please vote on the poll.

This will help us judge what you all want, server wise.

2. HgFox

HgFox Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I just wanne say, its better if you have it No soup then soup then no soup then soup, cause if its nS/S/NS/S then it will be more players in 1 game then having NS and S at the same time, dont devide the NoSsoupers and Soupers, that was what made mcpvp die.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. ldr_chicken

ldr_chicken Active Member

Ratings:
    +21
    You dont need anybodys opinions on whats better the 2 just offer preference to varying skill levels. Soup Hg was crowded by veterans who had been playing for 2-3 years and new players who were unfamilar with such a high level of souping were undermatched and didnt stay on Soup.

I made No soup to offer newer players something to learn and grasp the structure of Hg.

Pretty much No soup has a dramatically increased player retention rate from newer players compared to newer players being placed into Soup. In addition to this No soup has a higher number of kit sales and a wide range of kits are used compared to soup. Since in soup several kits had a negated effect from soup such as Viper or Vampire etc were just outclassed as a kit choice since the dmg was easily healed from soup.

Tldr: Soup is for veterans and players who can soup to a high level mainly insane refiling in the middle of a fight. No soup is for newer or more laid back players who dont want a game to governed and structured around soup.

Both have their strengths although kits really need to be tweaked for soup. However it would be stupid to limit one.

• Agree Agree x 11
  4. HgFox

HgFox Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Let say they go for what u said and New players play NS and vetrans Play S then, the new players wont learn about Soup pvp, so its better to have it alterning between both.

5. ldr_chicken

Ratings:
    +21
    Several veterans actually moved to no soup entirely such as Direct Gamer and myself it also offered players from other game modes such as Sab, Maze or Ctf a chance to compete in Hg which was extremely successful with many players playing on no soup hg since they could compete.

Either way as no soup players learnt the mechanics of hg and the kits etc they moved to Soup and started experimenting and learning soup hg.

The point was thrusting a newbie into an environment like soup Hg often resulted in them calling hacks on players "that were somehow alive for ages" and ragequitting after 2 games Since it was all too foreign to them.

Most newbies on their first hg game tried to do something like these and had no idea the objective of the game was to run to a swamp and get soup:

photo 1. 2 new players that i followed who just wanted to build a house and mine, a player stacked with soup found them and killed them. (They never played again)
    [​IMG]
    photo 2. 2 new players that i found while watching a friend end the game, they just wanted to mine and Cookiedough being an extremely good souper just trolled them while they tried to kill him until he finished them off and they never played again.
    [​IMG]

In short the majority of newbies who get put into a soup game wont rejoin again to play a no soup game meaning you are losing those players.

• Agree Agree x 4
    #5 ldr_chicken, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. HgFox

HgFox Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok, since u exsplaind it better i agree with u, on that but what if they keep on playing on NS and never come on S then there will be no one on S.

7. ldr_chicken

Ratings:
    +21
    Unfortunately that would mean that no soup is the preference among new players who dont want to move from no soup. If you recall going back 3 years ago, nobody knew about soup even though it was there and the playing field was even. Then slowly over time we all picked up on it and techniques started being made and people learnt to hotkey and refill until 2 years later everyone knew how to soup. Id imagine something like this could be setup on a smaller scale to help players migrate over to soup if they wanted to.

Prior to me leaving we were throwing around ideas of naming Hg Soup into Hg Pro or Hg Elite and advertising it as a Hg for players to aspire to be competent enough to play in and take the time into learning soup to do so. That never came around but Surely it could be looked at on here.

8. Snakebl00d

Snakebl00d Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Honestly, I just like the structures in nosoup.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chopo

Chopo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Pretty sure alternation is the best bet in order to not upset any players.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Stormneo

Stormneo Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Soup pls

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Geothermal

Geothermal Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Alternate. What ldr said about nosoup is exactly right, but the main thing he doesn't account for (I believe he proposed that only people who choose to play soup should play soup?) is that veterans are a sizable portion of the community, and to please them it's important to have soup games WITH PLAYERS.

Alternating probably alienates the smallest number of players - just make sure that new players understand when they're in a soup game, what soup does, etc (So like when someone joins a soup match, send them a message saying that "In this server, you can instantly drink soup to gain 3.5 hearts!").

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gohabsgo

Gohabsgo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Soup is what I like to play. However alternating would be fine

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. CaribbeanGamer

Ratings:
    +3
    No-Soup. This should stay primary no matter what. Soup only respects people who know how to soup. If soup is the primary server, it's basically saying, if you don't know how to soup, you can't play because you're mostly going to die. I have good PvP skills. Due to souping, when I think I'm going to kill the guy, soup. My strategy breaks down and I die, since I don't know how to soup.

It's not just me. There are tons of people who don't know how to soup. It would be more fun to do no-soup, because you will be able to PvP regularly without having to go through the stress of souping. No-soup will give you a lot of strategies. I was getting sick of towering every single game in a soup server. No-soup made the game fun, because I could be on the ground and PvP/hunt players. Also, a lot of Brawl players will try out HG. A lot of them will not know how to soup. If they try to fight with someone with soup, they'll quit playing because the game is too hard. Also, gathering mushrooms takes up like 1-1:30 minutes during invincibility. It's stupid and time consuming. With no-soup, it won't just be the people who know how to soup playing, it'll also be a different variety of people without any skills of souping. Plus, souping is very hard, and that'll stress out new players. No-soup is a fun gamemode, and much better than soup. More strategies, more PvPers, and more players!

14. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    I think it should begin with soup and no-soup alternating every 15 minutes, as there won't be as many players to begin with. When it gets more popular, it can be changed so there's soup and no-soup every 15 minutes, and eventually it can be soup and no-soup where you can just join whenever you want.

New players should receive a title when they join soup, saying that soup is the more competitive server and new players may not enjoy it as much.

15. CaribbeanGamer

Ratings:
    +3
    I believe it should only be no-soup. If it starts out with soup, all new players would join a game, fight with a souper, not knowing how to soup themselves. When they die, they will quit playing HG, for it is too hard for them. Also, if the games do alternate, it would be a mess. There would be no-soupers waiting every 15 minutes so they could play no-soup. There are TONS of people who cannot soup. No-soup should remain primary. I liked the MCPVP setup. They put no-soup as primary, and soup HG was on the side. A lot of people said in the chat that no-soup is a lot more fun than soup. No-soup needs to be primary.

Oh yeah, if the servers alternated every 15 minutes, it would be a disaster. All no-soupers would be waiting 15 minutes so they could play. As an admin, you should know that people tend to get impatient. The chat would be roaring with: HURRY UP NO-SOUP! I HATE SOUP! This could lead to anger, raging, and quitting. No-soup is liked by both no-soupers and soupers, therefore, it should stay primary.

16. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Agreed - new players would not like soup as they wouldn't know how to soup. There is a way around that, and it is one that I did mention:

This'd mean that new players who don't like soup would be encouraged to play no soup afterwards. If a new player dies in a soup HG game, there could be a death message containing: "If you're finding it too tricky, try no-soup: a much less challenging version of HG suited for inexperienced players" (or something along those lines).

17. bscherrer

bscherrer Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm just going to state this first and foremost, that is a horrible idea. Most of the community is soup players. When you look at all the popular youtubers of the McPvP community they were all soupers. Also, McBrawl has a server called KitBrawl where you can learn to soup and practice how to soup. (Suggestion) They could make it if a person dies in a soup HG and didn't drink a soup the whole game, it could ask them if they know how to "soup" and if not send them to KitBrawl where they can practice.

• Agree Agree x 8
  18. BlueSideWind

BlueSideWind Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Ah finally found the HG section. No Soup For The Win. Only because it add more thrill in pvping than just spam souping. Heck I was a pretty good souper and I get many kills but that was only because the other person couldnt soup as fast as me.

19. Viva

Viva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237
    Soup is my preference personally, but it's important to alternate them due to noobs/preferences.

Do soup then nosoup, making it so each gamemode actually gets players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Geothermal

Geothermal Member

Ratings:
    +36
    To be honest, I'd actually use the reverse argument to show that I enjoy soup more - Combat is probably my favorite part of HG, so I prefer soup (as soup extends fights more than nosoup).

• Agree Agree x 6