1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

How soup works and how to use it

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Goleiro, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Goleiro

Goleiro Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,this is a topic to beginners at HG, i will demonstrate how soup works and how to use it.

In HG Soup is a healing item which heals 3.5 hearts if right-clicked.

How to Craft Soup
    You can craft soup with 3 materials: Cocoa Beans,Red and Brown Mushroom and Cactus.
    Recipes(The bowl and the material can be anywhere in the crafting grade it makes no difference)
    (You don't need to use a crafting table)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It didn't craft the cactus soup because i was in survival, i will update this later.​

Techniques
    If you want to use soup effectively you need to know some soup techniques that need some time to master,like Hot-keying and QuickDropping
    Hot-keying
    Hot-keying is when you use the numbers on your keyboard to get to other spots in your hotbar faster,if you are with low health and you need to use soup hot-keying will help you to get faster to the soup.
    How Hot-Key:The keys that you are going to use are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and 9, you need to keep your sword in the first slot and fill the other 8 slots with soup(you can have a compass in slot 9 if you want)
    All you need to do after having your hotbar like that is doing this:

Press the number of the hotbar spot you want to reach,then quickly right-click the soup and press 1(assuming that it is where you keep your sword)

QuickDropping
    Quickdropping is almost the same thing as hot-keying but this technique is more advanced,because you will drop your bowl after using the soup.
    How to quickdrop:

Press the number of the hotbar spot you want to reach,then quickly right-click the soup and press your dropping key,and press 1(assuming that it is where you keep your sword)

Thanks for viewing my topic :grinning:

2. Sir_Inge

Sir_Inge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +527
    I learned how to hot key first, then quick drop. I just found the first easier and it takes less time in a QUICK fight. When you get a second, you 100% should drop your soups though.

3. MattM1PVP

MattM1PVP Ex-HG Staff Member

Ratings:
    +705
    Non-quickdropping (or scroll-dropping) is much easier to combo coz you switch back to your sword faster. But refills will take a longer time. Quickdropping, on the other hand, allows you to refill fast, but you might not be able to combo as much. That's why I try to scroll-drop when I'm comboing the opponent like crazy, but if I'm getting comboed I quickdrop

4. Rytheria

Rytheria Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55
    That's actually a very helpful tip for someone like me, who quickdrops no matter the situation.
    This is quite interesting, thank you!