1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Aiming Tip

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SPlRlT, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. SPlRlT

SPlRlT Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    [​IMG]

I bring to you a better aiming tip as my first thread to brawl forums.
    Now if you're like me you don't like using custom texture packs as you think the default look of War Z looks fine , so therefore you may not bother to look for a texture pack with a better cross-hair.

Here are a few cross-hairs you can add to your texture pack aka the default look of War Z.
    (This will work with custom texture packs to)

Circle cross-hair:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?77z62zpnchezebt

Sniper cross-hair ( I use this ):
    [​IMG]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?00a1rdwl8h0n04q

X cross-hair:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?pqafch55i1sa5ck

How to add these?

Firstly make sure you have a texture pack located in your resource pack files , because if you have the alternative option where you log on and it downloads it for you , you won't be able to do this.

Go to %appdata% , then go to .minecraft , then go to resource packs then double click your texture pack file in this case mine is called "War-Z" then you want to go to Minecraft then assests then textures then head over to "gui" then once you have a downloaded the cross-hair you which to choose in this case mine would be "sniper" open the file and drag the sniper "icons.png" picture in to the the gui folder and replace it then restart minecraft.

Then you're done if there is any problems let me know and i'll try my best to help you.

#1 SPlRlT, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Xavier1974

Xavier1974 I cream scarecrows

Ratings:
    +231
    Hello and welcome to the forums, we're glad that you've posted a helpful guide the day you join.
    Have a good day.

3. SPlRlT

SPlRlT Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    You too thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

4. Turmac

Turmac Hardcore Games Enthusiast

Ratings:
    +766
    I have my own customizable crosshair, #Circle with a dot in it

5. ExpertZJP

ExpertZJP SG Player at Heart

Ratings:
    +390
    My crosshair is just a dot =D keep it classy ;3

6. Aboves

Aboves meh

Ratings:
    +351
    Mine is what ever the creator of the pack used.

7. MR_naenae_1738

Ratings:
    +164
    Crosshair doesn't improve aim...
    You rarely need to aim in warz anyways...
    Its either rush or be rushed, and both of those are usually at point blank range, so...
    Sure the crosshair can help you hit some shots, but what you're shooting is a projectile, not hitscan, which means that it takes time for it to get from point A to point B. Hitscan weapons are ones that have no time in between the click and the damage done.

Basically, this is warz, where a shot aimed at the toes is a headshot.
    Not CS:GO, where a shot aimed perfectly at the center of mass still misses.

8. SPlRlT

SPlRlT Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Don't bump old threads and yes in some cases it can bigger crosshairs may suit some players smaller for others you don't know all players on a personal level you can't judge their eye sight on what they prefer now please stop bumping old threads with negative criticism in result to get your posts up.

People need to stop bringing War Z and CSGO up they are completely different games.

#8 SPlRlT, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  9. poaches

poaches Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +493
    Unique idea, nice job.

10. SPlRlT

SPlRlT Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks dad

11. MR_naenae_1738

Ratings:
    +164
    1A. It's not bumping, its gravedigging.
    1B. It's not gravedigging either, because my post was relevant to the topic.
    2. Crosshairs don't automatically show a sign of improvement like they do in cs:go.
    3. For the csgo and warz comparison, I was just joking about some flaws in the game (Not really flaws but just probable things).
    4. I'm not trying to get my post up, and its informing you that WarZ uses a projectile, not a hitscan weapon.
    5. You don't need to flame or make up lies. I am not trying to get my posts up, I don't even play minecraft or brawl anymore so I wouldn't care anyways.
    6. I don't need to "Judge their eyesight" or "Know them on a personal level" to say that crosshairs don't improve aim all that much. I even said that they can help some shots, but it usually doesn't even matter, and for the most part, you are covering up your screen anyways if you get a fancy crosshair (Even though you could just look at the target and your brain will make an assumption on where the center of the screen is, and using peripheral vision, you will be able to see the target).

12. SPlRlT

SPlRlT Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    It is bumping it's a old thread which gains more attention jeez it's a month old , over 4 people have agreed with this and considering this idea originally came from planet minecraft with over 200 downloads and plenty of people agree I don't believe your opinion matters you can keep running your mouth chatting bull**** as if you know how people experience the game but it won't change anything , stop and think for a second i'm 1 out of what 200 people who disagree?

And relevant please?
    This is not the discussion section I did not create this i'm just releasing this , negative feedback won't be needed as I didn't create it , if you wish to contact the owner who has over 200 downloads on this contact him via planet minecraft not me . nobody's agreeing with you , this thread is old please stop replying you're just embarrassing yourself.

If you still want to be ignorant and try argue your invalid point for god knows what reason I'll link you to plenty of threads , videos ,comments all agreeing on my point

13. MR_EVIL_OVERLORD

MR_EVIL_OVERLORD Elite Legacy Legend | PRO | Genius Super Villain

Ratings:
    +1,401
    You may have forgotten the circle with upside down V.

I created that one and I made the circle thicker so it is easy to see.

14. MR_naenae_1738

Ratings:
    +164
    200 downloads? When there are millions of people on planet mc?
    Also, you just said about everything i stated in my last post was wrong, and you didn't post any evidence or proof.
    So please, stop flaming, it doesn't help. I'm trying to help you, not leave negative feedback.
    All I said was you're shooting a projectile, which means crosshairs don't help as much as they do with hitscan weapons.

15. SPlRlT

SPlRlT Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Want proof surely it can't help to google lol? Honestly your just chatting **** surely that breaks the logic of your argument you neglected child stop replying lol!!!

Help me with what people on this thread have agreed and this idea was originally inspired by a thread on planet mc

16. MR_naenae_1738

Ratings:
    +164
    Proof that it helps?
    Are you seriously that stupid?
    See, now I'm starting to get angry because you cant get a simple sentence through your head.
    "Although not much, a nicer crosshair does help you aim projectile weapons better, but it helps more with hitscan weapons than it does projectile weapons."

I'm replying the truth. You're replying utter nonsense.
    And I don't need your "proof," because when you say proof, you're referring to the planet minecraft download number (I assume) and I'm referring to the complete nonsense you wrote. "negative feedback" "4 people agreed with me" "neglected child stop replying lol!!!" etc.

And how can I google if you're telling the truth or not about what I'm saying?

Also, if you knew how to properly write a sentence, that would help me understand what you're saying a bit more.
    Are you from France or Australia or something? Your english isn't that great, so I'm just wondering.

I'll try and simplify this if thats the case.

1. You're saying things with no proof about me, saying I was flaming, even though you are.
    2. Crosshairs DO help. But they help LESS with PROJECTILE and MORE with HITSCAN weapons.

Hopefully that sums it up for you and we can both end this uncivilized pointless argument over pixels in the center of a screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SPlRlT

SPlRlT Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I'm not reading your rage as you continue to bump my old thread , if you want proof simply google "better crosshair aiming" I googled this and it came up with tons of results , viewing through the feedback on the mc planet forums I decided to download it , open your eyes nobody else is agreeing with you you're the only person who is chatting **** , i'll be honest I am quite "flamed" as you're constantly posting unnecessary feedback and your stupidity crushes my balls and brain cells.

Heres one example with the power of google

he believes his custom designed crossbow helps his aiming why not go have a rant at him?
    Honestly with all due respect your feedback is not helping me , from my results my crosshair i'm currently using does help me it makes it more comfortable and I can lock on the target easier we all have our opinions however this thread is not open for discussion it's a release and it's one month old

[​IMG]
    Another forum based on a mc server which peaks 8k+ daily I could list you tons of examples , but right now the only disagreement example I see is a inexperienced kid bumping my thread.

Your argument is invalid and you've embarrassed yourself find another thread to troll on goodbye

18. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    Lock requested.