1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Rant on MPS - What's Wrong.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tac42, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. e621Warwick

e621Warwick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    It's almost as bad as the Putty circlejerk.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GreySwordz

GreySwordz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322
    Worse. At least putty's followers aren't trying to start a revolution.

3. e621Warwick

Ratings:
    +1,351
    Who said I was trying to start a revolution?

Edit -
    My signature has never been more relevant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. booflame

booflame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +557
    Would you rather have a friend you goof off with that leaves you after the party while you are passed out on the floor drunk or a friend that has your back and will make sure you get home safe?

5. teawithchoco

teawithchoco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +844
    I don't really understand what your trying to explain to me, could you reformulate ?
    EDIT: never mind I got it
    I do, I don't fully agree with his ideas

6. booflame

Ratings:
    +557
    Tac42 was talking about how they promote only friends. He later talks about how some moderators are just friends and lack helping the forum out. Further on he says "It doesn't matter how good you are. Only connections matter." I was trying to use an analogy to ask would you rather have a friend on TS3 that does not do much on the forums or a person that is dedicated and will help on the forum.

7. teawithchoco

Ratings:
    +844
    Got to tell you that booflame your logic, suddenly my brain recalculated the facts and comes to the conclusion that I had for such a long time. Now I know what to do and as the saying goes:"the best way to keep one's word is not to give it".

8. booflame

Ratings:
    +557
    "Booflame your logic," . . . . . Your logic what!?! :grinning:
    For your quote "the best way to keep one's word is not to give it" you should still give personal opinions and question things, you do not want to become a sheep.

9. Decayment

Decayment Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Fix the faking staff promotions.

10. teawithchoco

Ratings:
    +844
    Oh god you haven't seen my profile pick ? Do I look like a sheep ? Nope and ain't gonna be one

11. freakiziod123

freakiziod123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +354
    Arguments much...
    Tac mad he got demoted.
    To bad.

12. e621Warwick

Ratings:
    +1,351
    One flaw with this.
    I didn't get demoted.
    I resigned by myself.

• Like Like x 2
  13. booflame

Ratings:
    +557
    Yes.
    No.
    Good.
    :grinning:

14. AlexMc864

AlexMc864 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +253
    Tac... King of Meme posts... I cannot believe this. Most hated you, but I actually liked you. I made a similar post to this (well, the bad mod part).

15. terdd

terdd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264
    So what if Tac made this post? It's his personal opinion. We all have our sides with reasoning. So why is it a bad thing that we follow Tac because of this? That's what I got out of your post...

Anyways, Tac, I actually liked you (until you came back ad turned into a semi-asshole). There has definitely been some unfair bias shown with recent events of this month and the previous month (as listed in your post). You always did get the job done on the forums, you did good on the servers from what I saw of you.

I am not a hater of this community, but my disliking to it is slightly growing everytime I get an alert for a bad mod application, spam, unneeded posts etc. Which brings me towards the Hypixel server (<- No advertising, this is the name, not the IP).

I never knew who Gigga and Venom was up until they got mod. Then, they disappeared and according to this post, they get promoted? (I like some of Gigga's videos).

I could go on and on about this stuff that has been sitting on my chest for weeks, but Tac kinda summed it up.

16. chickenputty

chickenputty License & registration?

Ratings:
    +5,463
    Discord:
    Putty#9999
    Hello Tac, I am taking the time to provide comments and counter arguments to everything you just said :V

You answered yourself on this one.

We promote people based on how much time we see them attributing to the community... (cont. below)

...being on Teamspeak puts that person right in our face and we get to see how they handle themselves and act.
    We cannot tell how a person is just from forum posts and Skype messages. This is why a requirement to be a Moderator is being active on Teamspeak, which most of our Moderators aren't even.

There are many of moderators that speak to me on a daily basis that I don't see fit for being promoted.
    If we like someone, that's usually good, because it means they are doing something correctly.

Dwarfiest is one of our most active mods. While being 13 is a little young, he handles himself very well.
    Moderators are bound to miss or overlook some chat messages, hell I usually miss more chat messages than most of our moderators. I wouldn't base my opinion on him through that one incident.

Dwarfiest has been with our community longer than I have. Chaploo and I felt like he was ready at the time he applied, and I'm not regretting it to this day.

Venom and Giggadream are very active on our Teamspeak and MC servers. I don't have any issue with them putting all their time into moderating in-game.

Honestly, I wasn't very fond of how you handled your replies on the forums. If our moderators have an issue with a post not in their section they can simply report it and a Super-Mod or Administrator usually handles it within an hour.

We were the first server to have any type of gun plugin, we carried that out that concept to complete a Minecraft version of Call of Duty and DayZ.
    CoderTim has done a great job on creating MinecraftParty.com and we have many other server ideas in the workings.
    We haven't even thought about copying Shotbows servers.

Sorry that we cannot bust out unique servers left and right, we only have two coders at the moment.

Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure you understood that we were going to use it based on your replies to that thread and multiple chats in staff chat.
    I don't see why you are offended from us using it, if we didn't use it wouldn't you still be angry?
    Sidenote: I'm not the kind of person to say please and thank you constantly. I'm actually trying to get better with that.

What did you want from it?
    All administrators overlook player and staff promotions so that rank came from all of us.

Moderators enjoy moderating. Not sure what this comment means overall or what you're suppose to get out of helping a server.

I obviously most of missed it, because when I saw it Princess_Cutie received a swift permanent ban.
    [​IMG]

I go through the apps every other day, whats the issue with the bad ones in the forum section?
    I simply am not giving moderators permission to lock application threads, Super-Mods can't even.

Our server community attracts lots of younger children. Most of these children aren't idiots, they are just young and ignorant.
    Sadly, we lack older, mature, players who can handle themselves on text forums.

I agree. In the great words of Hannah Montana, "Everybody makes mistakes, everyone has those days."

-

Thanks for the thread overall, I gained some motivation from it. I feel that you could of handled yourself slightly better however.
    Remember, during the time you were Moderator I was the only active Administrator dealing with server issues, to player issues, to Skype conversations.
    It's hard to bounce around and get to everything I want to in a day, while dealing with side issues.

#96 chickenputty, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  17. terdd

terdd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264
    And this pretty much counters everything I said. Whole new view of this thread.

18. chickenputty

chickenputty License & registration?

Ratings:
    +5,463
    Discord:
    Putty#9999
    Almost reiterating here but,

Reading through the comments and they are all based around "Putty".
    Besides from Bvo, I was/am the only active administrator.
    I try to get to everyone's issues, but its not always possible.

I am like the janitor, handy man, and administrative contact of MultiplayerServers.

Replying to this thread made me ignore: 3 Skype messages including my name, 2 Teamspeak PMs, and my forum Inbox and Alerts are blaring red.

• Like Like x 1
  19. e621Warwick

Ratings:
    +1,351
    On phone, I'll leave an actual thought out reply later.
    Quoting Putty's post is too much, so I'll just address directly.

Thanks for spending the time to read and counter me and not give a random, indecipherable one-sentencer answer.

I feel this may give off a bad impression.
    I wasn't trying to attack you guys specifically, hence the "rant".

Typing on this phone is unbearable.
    I shall edit this post later.

20. GreySwordz

GreySwordz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322
    What's your opinion on auto-promotions for staff members? You have to admit that one of the main reasons tac wasn't promoted was that he wasn't, in your words, in your face.

EDIT: What I draw from your post is that we need more admins. You've said multiple times that you don't have time. Bvo seems to have gone inactive, which is strange since he just got a promotion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...