1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Accepted Oracle's Jmod Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by 0racle, Nov 2, 2015.

?

Would Oracle_0912 make a good Jmod?

1. Yes (+1)

34 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. Not now (+0) Please PM me why.

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. No (-1) Please PM me why.

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. 0racle

0racle Former Raid and Reports Manager

Ratings:
    +744
    Brawl Junior Moderator Application:

Have you read over this thread? - Yes. I have read it over several times to ensure that I understand and possess all requirements in order to apply for the Jmod status.

What is your in-game name? - My current in-game name is Oracle_0912.

Have you changed your name in the past? If you have, please list them. - My original name was Oracle_0912, then I changed it to Sweet_Lips for a month, and then back to Oracle_0912. I do not plan to change my name ever again. My name change history can be found here .

Does anyone else have access to your Minecraft account? - No. I have never let anyone use my account before and it will stay that way. I have no siblings either, so this shouldn’t be an issue.

How old are you? - I am currently 16. My birthday is on September 12, 1999.

What timezone are you in? -
    I am in the Eastern Standard Time Zone (EST).

Are you multilingual? Can you speak multiple languages? -
    I am only fluent in English. I can however speak some basic French as I took it in school for nearly 5 years. I have talked to a few people in-game who speak French as well and it has helped me to aid them in several aspects of the game.

What is your experience and knowledge of Minecraft? - I first started to play Minecraft about 3 years ago. I was first introduced to it by watching various videos on YouTube. Youtubers such as Etho, JL2579, Sethbling and Mumbojumbo have all inspired me to play Minecraft in a more technical sense. I first started to play Minecraft by downloading a non-premium account in early 2012 and was limited to playing in single player worlds. I then bought the game on May 4, 2014 and continued to play solely on single player worlds as it was what I knew Minecraft to be. Here is where I would experiment with redstone, mob behavior and command blocks to see what new contraptions I could rig up. To this day I am always thinking of new inventions in Minecraft and I regularly use the Minecraft Reddit and snapshots to find out information about the next Minecraft versions and breakthroughs. The experimentation has shown me many tips and secrets within Minecraft and I feel confident in almost every aspect of the game. I am aware of every basic mechanic like the crafting recipes, potion brewing, enchanting and how to survive in vanilla Minecraft. I stuck to playing in single player worlds for about two and a half years and then started to check out the multiplayer section of Minecraft. It was again from YouTube where I discovered the multiplayer servers that I played on. One of the first servers I joined was The Hive. I fell in love with the various mini games they had to offer. After playing there for about a month, I decided to check out others servers. I then came across Brawl. The first gamemode I tried out was MC Party. I played that for a while, thinking that it was the only gamemode Brawl had. I then discovered about /hub and was introduced to the many unique servers that made up Brawl. After testing out each gamemode, I fell in love with Survival PvP. I have played this server since June of 2014 and have been devoting my time to it ever since. I do not plan to quit this server anytime soon. Throughout my experience on Survival, I have learned about every command and plugin, (like tracking, setting warps, and using the shop) and I feel comfortable both using them and teaching others about them.

What is your experience with moderating servers, if any? - I do have some experience moderating a Minecraft server, but it is very small. When I was first testing out Minecraft’s multiplayer feature, my friends had decided to create their own server. I was invited to help them in the creation, and was given an Admin/Moderator rank. This server has given me experience monitoring the chat, checking for hackers, and testing out various staff commands. Even though the server had a player base of around 15 people, it still has shown me the basics of moderating. I unfortunately do not have any proof of this experience.

What will you provide to the community if you are provided moderator status? - If I am given the privilege of the moderator status, I plan to provide many positive things to help make Brawl a better place. I will be committed to maintain a friendly, helpful and mature attitude; even in the most heated situations. I can usually be on when Brawl is most active and will definitely be there to answer any questions, no matter how difficult they may be. I will be persistent to get through any task and I won’t ever give up. Another contribution I would offer is that I would try my best to cleanse the server of any hackers. Since Survival’s hacker base mainly consists of xrayers, I would constantly monitor players to ensure that they don’t xray. I have a fairly good understanding of how to catch xrayers as I usually talk to various Moderators while they are “hunting” for hackers. I have helped bassmaster6 catch a few xrayers before, and I would gladly do this again. Lastly, I would put my best effort into making players enjoy their time on Brawl, and to always make them feel welcomed and appreciated.

Have you ever used a hacked client before? - Unfortunately, I have. About a year ago I used a hacked client to aid me in pvp for a very brief time. I feel very ashamed for doing so and I will never repeat this mistake. I now view hacking as a disgusting thing to do as it ruins other players’ experience and it is simply not fair. I have never even thought of using a hacked client since and I am certain I won’t install one again.

Have you ever been banned on a Minecraft server? If so, why? - I have been banned before on two occasions. My first time being banned was when I was caught for using pvp hacks on a kit pvp server. This was a very long time ago, and I have definitely matured since then. I recently applied for an unban for the server and it was accepted. Proof of my unbanned profile can be found here . My second time being banned is vastly different from the one mentioned above. I was banned for “advertising” on a faction server when I mentioned the IP of another server during a conversation. For revenge of an action I did (raiding them), the person whom I was talking to decided to report me and I was later banned. I believe this to be a false ban, as I was not intending to advertise. I will never advertise because I personally think that it makes a server look bad. If you have any questions or concerns about this incident, I would be more than happy to provide proof of the event, and explain my side of the story with more detail. On Brawl, my record is clean. I have no bans or mutes and this information can be found here .

What do you consider your greatest strength? - I would say that my greatest strength is my ability to remain calm. In Survival, I receive a lot of flaming/hate after raiding someone or killing them in PvP. I have learned to keep any anger I may possess to myself and to just ignore them if they were insulting me. I always try to remind players that raiding is part of Survival PvP, and I would expect them to do the same to me. If things do get heated and I feel like saying something negative back, I will either log off until I am calm again or contact a Mod to help me fix the problem. Another strength of mine is that I am very organized and I manage my time well. This would benefit me when dealing with multiple questions at once. I would try my best to help each player in a timely manner and I would ensure that their problem was solved entirely.

What do you consider your greatest weakness? -
    I would say that my greatest weakness is that I am quite shy. I tend to come across as quiet and socially awkward. This has affected me on my teamspeak and forum activity. I am however working on this by pushing myself out of my comfort zone and participating more in the community. Throughout my progress, I am feeling more and more confident using teamspeak and participating more on the forums and I have also made many new friends by this. I am of course working on this so that it will no longer be an issue.

How active do you consider yourself on Brawl? - I would consider myself very active on Brawl. I can usually be found on Survival PvP between 3-8pm on weekdays for approximately 1-4 hours. I am far more active on weekends as I am on for about 4-6 hours throughout the day. I do however work on the weekends, so this would affect my playtime schedule. If I cannot get on in-game for some reason, I try to go onto Minechat to socialize and help others. Also, I frequently check the forums when I can’t be on ingame and I try my best to add helpful, on topic posts to various threads. I currently have a post count of around 300. Regarding my TeamSpeak activity, I would say I am on for about 1-3 hours a day. I can usually be found either in my team’s channel, or in the public Survival channel. I may seem to be “afk” in the Survival channel, but I am certainly not. While on the server, I try my best to invite players to join me in the channel, or sometimes people will just join at random. Once again, I try my best to be helpful and friendly to anyone I talk to.

Which Brawl servers are you most active on? - I am the most active on the Survival PvP server by far. This is the gamemode I mainly play. I currently have about 22 days worth of playtime on my main account, and about 30 days worth if you include my alternate accounts. Proof of which can be found here and here (I am somewhere around the 6th player) . I can also be found occasionally on Capture the Flag or MC-War as I sometimes play this with my friends every so often.

How many hours can you provide a day and during what time frame? - On weekdays, I can usually be on about 1-4 hours a day between 3-8pm. Unfortunately, my education comes first and I may get a bit busy with schoolwork at times. This would probably reduce my playing schedule by 1-2 hours. This will hardly happen, so I don’t see my playtime changing too much. I definitely will be most active on weekends. Here is when I can provide at least 4-6 hours a day from about 7am - 4pm. Like I mentioned before, I do have a job and will be offline for a good portion in a day. This is why I will only be on until 4pm. My job only allows me to work on some weekends, so I will most likely be able to play every weekday and sometimes all day during the weekend. Despite these minor complications, I still will be very active on Brawl.

What would you do if someone breaks a rule in-game? - My responses to a broken rule in-game are given below:

Hacking: If someone was hacking, I would try my best to record them. Once I’ve felt like I had enough proof, I would then post it on the forums here . Finally, I would try to message an online Mod+ to respond to the report so that the hacker will be gone as soon as possible.

Glitching: If someone was abusing a glitch, I first would get as much information about the glitch as possible. Some information I would try collect would be how the glitch is affecting the gamemode, who all is using it and how to use it. Next, I would inform the player that what they are doing is bannable and they must stop immediately. If they didn’t stop, I would kick them for an hour. I have explained my reaction for this problem more in depth in the “situation” question. If the glitch was already known about, such as pvp logging, I would handle the problem as normally instructed.

Violating the chat (Flaming, swearing, etc): If someone was violating the chat in any way, I would first give them a warning to stop. If they continued, I would once again warn them or else they will be muted. If they continued a third time, I would mute them for the necessary amount of time, depending on the situation. If the situation was serious enough, like a DDOS threat or advertising, I would inform a higher staff member about the issue with the proof I collected.

What would you do if someone breaks a rule on the forums? - If I found someone breaking the rules on the forums, I would respond in the following ways:

Spamming, Flaming, Off topic posts: If someone was spamming, flaming, swearing or posting off topic posts on the forums, I would first address the player(s) to stop doing what they were doing. If they kept their actions up, I would either edit or remove the post as necessary. I would then PM the user(s) individually to explain why I edited or removed their post. If there was a flame war occurring in a thread, I would ask a higher staff member to lock it.

Threads in the wrong section: If someone posted a thread in the wrong section, I would use the report button or message an online Smod to move it to the section where it belonged. I would then either post on the thread, or PM the player why the thread was moved to ensure that they won’t be upset or confused.

Duplicate thread or Resolved problem: If there was a duplicate thread, I would first post on the thread that this is a duplicate of another thread. Next, I would lock the thread and provide a link to where they could continue their discussion. If there was a resolved problem, I would just lock the thread and state my reasoning.

Grave digging: If someone posted on a thread that had 30 days without a post, I would lock the thread and then PM the player why I did what I did.

18+ Material: If someone posted inappropriate material, I would immediately delete the post. Then I would PM the player that what they did was extremely wrong. Finally, I would contact an upper staff member to further handle the situation.

What would you do if someone breaks a rule on TS3? - If someone were to break a rule on TeamSpeak, I would proceed in the following ways:

Voice changer, Yelling or Mic spamming: I would first warn the player to stop violating the TeamSpeak rules. If they continued, I would then move then to the “rules” channel and would warn them a second time. If they still continued, I would mute them for the appropriate amount of time.

Flaming: If someone was flaming, or a group was flaming, I would first warn everyone to calm down. If they continued, I would then move them to the “rules” channel and explain to them again that flaming in unacceptable. If the flaming still remained, I would mute or ban the player as needed.

Music or Obnoxious background: If someone was playing music in the background or had an obnoxious noise, I would ask them to either stop playing their music, or move to the music/recording, or into a private channel. If they refused, I would move them into the “rules” channel. If they ignored my previous warnings, I would then mute them or force them to use push to talk.

Inappropriate, Irrelevant or Incorrect name: If someone violated the rules in the ways mentioned, my first step would be to ask them to change their name to their Minecraft IGN. If they refused, I would move them to the “rules” channel and warn them once again. If this was still a problem, I would kick the player for 10-30 minutes, depending on the severity of the problem.

18+ Material: If a player gave links to inappropriate content, I would immediately kick the player and contact a higher staff member for any further action.

*** After every violation either ingame or on the forums, I would PM the user who broke the rules this thread to ensure that they won’t break any rules next time. If a rule was broken on TeamSpeak, I would move them to the “rules” channel. If for some reason I couldn’t record the rule breaker, I would use either /report or /staff to get another staff member to help me. While doing this, I would try my best to quickly resolve the issue with my recording software.***

Situation (as a staff member): You log on Brawl, and you’re told that there is a huge, game-breaking economy glitch. No Admins are online to solve the situation. What steps would you take to handle the issue? - If I was presented with this issue, I would first try to gather as much information about the glitch as possible. I would start recording (to help me keep track of proof), and then go into vanish to spectate the players using the glitch. Once I felt like I had enough evidence that the glitch was real, I would start to warn players to stop using the glitch. If they kept it up, I would kick them for an hour. While doing this, I would try to contact any other staff members using TeamSpeak, the forums, or /report to aid me in this problem. If people were talking about this issue in the chat, I would use /prune to prevent this issue from spreading. If a high staff member logged on, I would follow any instructions they would give me. I would also keep monitoring players until this bug was completely fixed.

How many Brawl staff applications have you made in the past? - I have never posted a Brawl staff application in the past.

What is the date of the last application you submitted? - This is my first application.

Do you have a working microphone? - Yes. With my microphone, I am able to record my voice, talk on teamspeak and use it for any other purposes.

Are you able to record and upload videos? - Yes, I am able to record and upload videos as I please. I enjoy recording on the Survival server and my YouTube channel can be found here .

Do you generally know how all the staff member commands work? - Yes, I am aware of how to use most of the staff commands. I have viewed over this thread written by Cuddled stating the staff commands. If I ever had any questions about a command, I would always ask how to use it before trying it out myself.

Anything else we should know about you? - My name is Jake and I live in Canada. Playing Minecraft, specifically on Brawl, is my favourite thing to do. I have met many friends here and to this day I am having so much fun playing Survival PvP. Besides playing video games, I have various other hobbies. I love to travel and I often go on vacations with my family. Also, I love to play music. I am currently in my school’s jazz and concert band playing the trumpet. Like playing Minecraft, this is something I plan to continue for a long time. In addition to this, I love to be outdoors. Some of my favourite things to do in the summer are fishing and going camping. Finally, I love working out and doing crossfit training.

I would love to become a Moderator here as a token of my gratitude towards the server. I am eager to give my time to help add to the safe, friendly and fun community known as Brawl. If this application is not accepted, I won’t give up. I will use the feedback provided to better myself and to turn my weaknesses into strengths. Thank you for taking the time to read this application.

~Oracle

2. bassmaster6

bassmaster6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +174
    You are very very active and helpful ingame and on the forums. I do see you often in ts and you are very mature and help me by finding rule breakers. I believe you are qualified for the position.
    +1

3. 0racle

Ratings:
    +744
    Thank you bass! It means a lot coming from you :smile:

4. Doges

Doges Ex-Mod, Ex-Builder

Ratings:
    +338

Second that; +1

5. 0racle

Ratings:
    +744
    Thanks for your support @Doges!

6. ExpertZJP

ExpertZJP SG Player at Heart

Ratings:
    +390
    Time for my rundown.

Call me biased, but +1

- Your application has good detail and length +1 in this aspect
    - In-Game I know you are very active +1
    - I see room for improvement on your team speak activity, but your are on and helping players +1

7. 0racle

Ratings:
    +744
    Thanks for the support and feedback Expert :smile: I assure you that I will keep my TeamSpeak activity rising.

8. Ritzy

Ritzy Est. 2014
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +667
    Discord:
    Ritzy#2167
    Imgame. +1
    Forums. +1
    Team speak. +0 (Room for improvement)

You are an overall amazing guy who I have talked to in to past. You are mature and ready to take on this position. You've got this. +1

9. Aboves

Aboves meh

Ratings:
    +351
    +1
    No need for a comment really :smile:
    Just work what was stated above.

10. 0racle

Ratings:
    +744
    Thank you so much, @Ritzy and @xislo! I guarantee that you will see my TeamSpeak activity rise. I won't let you down.

11. MortalJE

MortalJE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277
    +1
    Agree with what everyone else said.

12. 0racle

Ratings:
    +744
    Thank you @Halo_. Once again, I will be diligent to increase my TS activity :3

13. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Hey there! I really like your application and I feel like it has a lot of detail! You were also very sweet in ts3 and you seemed mature! So for me you get a plus one. Good luck on the application and I hope you get accepted!

14. 0racle

Ratings:
    +744
    Thanks @_Featherpaw_ ! It means a lot :smile:

15. Lozzylouise

Lozzylouise SG Player at Heart

Ratings:
    +421
    +1
    No need to go into detail but you're active, mature, respectful of the community, helpful and just overall a nice person. Good luck! You have my support all the way. :smile:

16. 0racle

Ratings:
    +744
    Thank you so much lozzy :smile:

17. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    Everything is looking good.

18. 0racle