1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

WarZ for Dummies - Tips 'n' Tricks (For new players)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by StrikerSly, Nov 22, 2015.

?

Did this help you out?

1. Yes, very much good sir!

78.8%
  2. No, you are utterly useless.

21.2%
  3. Slightly, but I have something to add...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. StrikerSly

StrikerSly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +745
    Hey! You clicked on this thread because you are a newer player and need some help, or you are an experienced player looking for some extra tips to maybe pick some new things up. Well, let's get started.

Below is the map of WarZ for server 1-5 (new map, as many call it).

[​IMG]

Before I continue, this map is not mine, it's been in many other threads.

Map Tips!

Zones

You may ask what zones are. Zones are a geographical region in the map that are defined by the loot held in chests. In the southern regions of the map, there are generally zone 1-5 areas, 1 being the worst in terms of loot, and 5 being the best. In the northern regions of the map, although a lot of space for running, this is typically occupied by donors who have loot or a team. Snow, industrial and nether are hotspots for those with loot to claim lives of wandering, oblivious bambi's.

So, how can I explore the map effectively?

With the exception of military camp, there are no zone 6's in the lower parts of the map. This often means that these areas are safe for looting without worry. South of 'Boat', there is an airport, a typical looting spot for newer players. Here you can find many survival supplies, which we will get into later. Northwest of that is power plant. This is a zone 5, and has a higher chance of containing players with dangerous loot. Be careful.
    If you are new to WarZ, avoid zone 6 areas until you are experienced enough.

Alternative routes

Now, you know some of the zones, let's get into some obscure routes! Have you ever wondered what's under all of the map? A series of tunnels connects various zone 6 areas to plains in the southern areas. If you are looking to get some big loot, you may travel tunnels to get to a zone 6. Be careful, as there are still donors that can track you.
    Using boats can get you around the map fairly quickly. Be sure to keep these in your inventory. Have you every wanted to get from airport to the city east of military camp quickly and without running? Use a boat and travel south-to-west along the shoreline. Look, there's even a small port in-land you can dock your ship!

[​IMG]

This is the old WarZ map (servers 6-10)

For more information, see here.
    (Newer players tend to play new servers, so this guide is mostly for new map)

Was this too heavy for you to read? Don't worry, those were the basics for the map. These next tips will be in point form for easier reading.

Survival Must-Haves!

Items

- Food is one of the most useful items. It heals you when damaged and cures your hunger.
    - Pepsi or water bottles are a must have since we all get thirsty! Water bottles recommended when looting near water. (They heal thirst completely) Your XP bar is thirst level.
    - A sword is useful if you have no guns. How else would you protect against zombies?
    - Grapples. Use this by right clicking, letting the hook land, and right clicking again. Useful for running faster or climbing heights.
    - Infection cures cure zombie infection - use them!
    - Bandages and bones are super useful. Bones heal you when you fall from great heights and allow you to run fast again. Bandages cure you from bleeding. Bleeding occurs by chance when you get hit by something.

Guns 'n' Ammo

- Always loot ammo. Even donors run out of ammo ALL the time. Even if you don't have an eligible gun, loot the ammo.
    - Use guns you are comfortable with. Do you enjoy sniping, close-range combat, or automatics?
    - Use combinations of various weapons to improve damage count
    - Save ammo. Try to kill zombies without using guns, especially when ammo is scarce

Armor

- Never take off leather armor. Although it seems weak, it's better than nothing.
    - Iron is always found in any zone. Take time to find some!
    - Keep spare pieces of iron when other armor durability is low.
    - Durability becomes low when the armor takes hits (from zombies, players)

Fighting Tips!

1v1 Situation

- Chances are, you will find a bandit that will try to take your items.
    - If you are hit by a shot or sword, eat food. It will heal you.
    - Bandages should be kept in hotbar in case of bleeding.
    - Use combinations, as mentioned earlier.
    - Use objects to your advantage. Jump over blocks, or use them as cover.
    - Strafe. Don't stand still or walk in one direction. Let your opponent know you won't go down easily.
    - Faking. Don't be predictable. Try faking when going around a corner. Make him/her shoot their shots, then go for it! But don't be too indecisive. There's a time and place for faking. Don't let your opponent know that's all you do!
    - Go for headshots to apply more damage

Unfair Situations (2+v1)

- Barbed wire is your friend. If you loot some, try using it. It will slow/damage your opponent and act as a block to protect you.
    - There are various buildings to camp in. Choose one with little entrances, preferably a ladder to enhance toughness on the opponent(s) rush.
    - Luring. Run, and allow your opponents to think you are timid. Then hit them when they aren't ready!

See the time - 2:37. I am running from about 3 enemies at once. I took one of them by surprise, caught them off guard and killed him. Although the guns I used you most likely haven't touched, this will work with many other guns, especially if your opponents' armor isn't the best!

Other

- Using hatchets on trees and building wooden bases may make the difference between life and death. If you find yourself without ease in a higher zone, feel free to build one! The following video displays what the typical wooden base is like:

Although this a bad example of how it works, I assure you they can be useful. Knocking opponents off of heights will kill them most likely. You can do this with anything - even an empty can! I did, however, win the fight because I am a guru.
    - Using wire cutters can be useful in confined fighting areas when barbed wire is in use. Quickly switch to your weapons after cutting barbed wire to catch your camping opponent off guard!

Now, I think you've gotten the basics of WarZ survival and combat. Now go out there, kill zombies and players, and have fun!

(But wait, this thread is a W.I.P., meaning it isn't done yet!)
    butwait.png

• Informative x 8
    • Useful x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    #1 StrikerSly, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. Risen_God

Risen_God Active Member

Ratings:
    +28
    will this finally teach me how to combo?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CraftyChild

CraftyChild Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33
  4. Ritzy

Ritzy Est. 2014
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +667
    Discord:
    Ritzy#2167
    Nice thread with lots of detail.

5. Arpy

Arpy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Discord:
    Arpy#6961
    This might help my neighbor when he gets mc....

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ExpertZJP

ExpertZJP SG Player at Heart

Ratings:
    +390
    *rates optimistic* wish me luck :^)

7. TheSinisterOne

TheSinisterOne Goodbye

Ratings:
    +274
    dis guy trying to impress da wiki tem

8. Grimacing

Grimacing Member

Ratings:
    +6
    no moar staff 4 titan hes 3vil

9. Wario

Wario Previous WarZ Manager

Ratings:
    +50
    Very detailed and very helpful guide to newer players looking to understand the game.

10. Risen_God

Risen_God Active Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I'm sorry but I'd like to disagree wario, read this thread over 1000 times,but I'm still very bad at the game :/

• Agree Agree x 1
    #10 Risen_God, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  11. CYKABLYATCYKAcyk

CYKABLYATCYKAcyk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84
    Some of these tips, also helped me. Great guide Striker!

12. EndCxre

EndCxre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43
    Cool guide but maybe you can put in the coordinates xD i never find the way on the old map :stuck_out_tongue:

13. ICanHasADiamond

Ratings:
    +5
    - Redundant
    - No apostrophe, not showing possession
    - ever*
    - Also redundant, and we all know you're thirsty, you've never gotten laid
    - Completely obvious, also redundant
    - Also obvious, redundant
    Unrelated and redundant

You're welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kineticpit

Kineticpit Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That does not help or affect this post in any way. Please do not go off topic.

15. ICanHasADiamond

Ratings:
    +5
    I see someone's salty he died and didn't get mod. Anyways, good guide striker.

16. Kineticpit

Kineticpit Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I see someone is salty for not being the real ican

17. ICanHasADiamond

Ratings:
    +5
    i'm cody bud

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jaetpack1

Jaetpack1 Why jetpack when you can Jaetpack? (RC1)

Ratings:
    +91
    I have one question. Where can diamond armor and tier II+ snipers be found?

19. EndCxre

EndCxre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43
    U can find diamond armor + Tier V guns in zone 6. ( Army , indust , Nether and Snow ) just a tip; if u know how to combo use the tier II sniper not the Tier III

Nether: x: 900 z: -1000. snow: x: -800 z: -800. at school i send u the other coords when iam at home

20. Jaetpack1

Jaetpack1 Why jetpack when you can Jaetpack? (RC1)

Ratings:
    +91
    on the servers 6-10?

#20 Jaetpack1, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015