1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

BOAT RACE GUIDE

Discussion in 'Guides' started by xxMineSheepxx, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Boat Race Guide ^_^
    Boat race is that one game that many hate. If you don't know what boat race is, it's basically racing down a stream of water in a boat, with obstacles in the way. This game is really annoying, long and glitchy, but here is how you can get close or to the finish line.

Sprint key
    I recommend toggling another key as a sprint key. I like to use caps lock, because it locks at sprint once you press it once, but be careful not to type caps into chat). This will allow your boat to travel faster, making it easier (yes easier) to evade the obstacles.

Avoid the edges
    Refrain from staying at the edges of the map. This leaves you confined to that small area, and makes it hard for you to avoid incoming logs. If you happen to try avoiding logs and end up near the edge, get out of there. If there is another log incoming, hold the backwards key and wait for the log to go away.

Avoid the floating water things
    Don't go on them. They may give you a boost in distance, but you really can't control where your boat lands. It is easy to 1) crash into a log, 2) run into a wall, or 3) break your boat from falling.

Stay to the narrow passages
    When there are narrow passages, there are smaller sized logs. Even though the passages are narrow, it's quite easy to get through, because your boat can sink underneath the logs sometimes, and the logs are only 2 blocks long. If you can make your boat go fast with the sprint key and rush, you have a high chance of being successful.

How to avoid incoming logs
    To avoid logs, timing is not necessarily the key (so don't listen to that tip). You need to strafe your boat. Now which way? This depends on where the log is. If the log is moving from the left to the right, and you are near the right side of the log, move your boat to the right and try going around it. If the log is moving from the left to the right and you are near the left-middle of the log, hold the backwards key and wait for 2 seconds. If the log is moving from the left to the right and you are near the left, just tilt the boat towards the left a bit and keep going.

That's it, thanks for reading :smile:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. DeKrah

DeKrah Ex-KitBrawl JMOD

Ratings:
    +82
    Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to use them in the future

3. jarboyp

jarboyp Bunny Defender

Ratings:
    +94
    Good, I have no idea how to play boat race so this should help. ty

4. Arpy

Arpy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Discord:
    Arpy#6961
    As I am horrible at boat race, this should help out alot! Thanks!

5. LeeHerouiPower

LeeHerouiPower Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75
    I love this, very informative.

6. Girlcatlove1524

Ratings:
    +8
    This is very helpful. Sadly, boat race has been removed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. asagod

asagod Youtuber

Ratings:
    +59
    They removed boat race

8. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    @xxMineSheepxx do you want me to lock the thread and delete it, or leave it as is? Up to you. Heroui and I convinced the devs to remove the game from rotation. It will most likely not be reimplemented.

9. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Sure! You may lock it and delete it.

10. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    Locked by request.