1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea to Stop WarZ-Like Gameplay

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by MrWaffleman, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. MrWaffleman

MrWaffleman The negligence of time's end is man's downfall

Ratings:
    +650
    Well, I'll propose two ideas to stop teams 5v1ing people. Most of this is to prevent people from logging on and killing everyone in the area and logging off (just like you see in WarZ), but I guess it could be used for other purposes. My first idea honestly isn't as good as the second idea, so you can think of either one being added. I also noticed how both of these ideas can exist at the same time...

My first idea is that it's basically a PvP Logger, well... except for the fact that it doesn't have to be in PvP, and that it won't be an NPC. Whenever you log out, a fence post with a redstone torch spawns in your place (if for some reason the player logs off in a very cramped area, then just make a redstone torch). Players within a 10 block radius will see a hologram above the fencepost. Now I'll explain how to stop people from just logging back on with a team of 5 and killing 1 person or so. You can break the torch, and once you do, you remove the whole structure, and once that certain player logs back on, he/she's automatically teleported to the nearest town. If for some reason this can be abusable (not much of a problem considering you could just travel to the town, or if in a fight you can safely logout to get away, another person doesn't have to get your torch out. Anyways if this can be a sign of abuse, only players outside your team can take out the torch. This kind of gives you a feel of the game "Rust" where there's a sleeping bag where you logged out, and players can kill you in there, except in here there's less of a penalty.

A problem I thought about is firstly, spamming fences everywhere, and fences inside Cartels. So this is what I thought about... when you logout, you cannot have a 'fence-logger' in towns, you just go back in the same location as normal. As for spamming, isn't that good if there's fences everywhere? You can just take them all out and avoid people from spawning there, plus the map is very big. It also encourages people to logout in towns and everywhere besides a town is further known as "dangerous". Also if you logout in a Cartel and your team owns it, people cannot break your fence-logger. Instead they have to take over the Cartel, then automatically all fence-loggers are wiped out. Also if you logout like halfway when you're capturing the cartel, then your fence-logger is automatically wiped out.

_____________________________________________________________________________

The other idea is basically something for when you die as well. It serves the same purpose as a... MINECRAFT BED. I've seen lots of beds scattered around the map, most of them being in Cartels, which make this idea even better. Currently you can go to your Gang HQ, but that serves as something for your team. Also when you die, and have a bounty, you automatically go to prison then to a town, I'm pretty sure you can't choose to go to your Gang HQ after you die (correct me if I'm wrong). When you go out of prison you have an option to respawn at your bed.

In here, I'll explain how to successfully get a safe-place (A.K.A a bed). Only one person can have one, if a bed is in a Cartel then the same mechanic that was applied to the fence-loggers applies to the bed. Also like the fence-loggers, teammates cannot interfere with your bed, it's basically the first one to get it. If the bed is in the Cartel and you own it, then you can sleep in that bed and there will be a GUI that pops up, something along the lines of "Do you want to set this bed as your safe-point?" appears. You can choose to accept or to decline. You can only have one safe-point.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Now this is when both ideas are in play at the same time, when you log back on and your fence-logger is broken, you have a choice to, respawn at your safe-point, at a town, or at Gang HQ.

Sorry if this seemed a bit scatter-brained, I just thought of this as I typed :V. But I think with some changes and such, it can prevent huge teams from killing people, and make Wild West a little bit more diverse from WarZ.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    I actually like this idea a lot, but I don't understand the first one very much. You said you were going to put a square of fence around your body? Can you explain that a little more? However, I like the bed idea alot.

3. MrWaffleman

Ratings:
    +650
    Something like this...

[​IMG]

4. InfiniSTistus

InfiniSTistus I´m Rock´s mommy

Ratings:
    +180
    Team hq? Im pretty sure /team sethq doesent work ad you vant have houses

5. MrWaffleman

Ratings:
    +650
    Houses in general aren't really in the game. I'm pretty sure it's all coded but Signatured hasn't fully added it in yet.

6. Serine1002

Serine1002 A shadow in the night

Ratings:
    +881
    No, you havee to buy houses.