1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

One in the Chamber.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by koalajpg, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. koalajpg

koalajpg skrrr

Ratings:
    +114
    So, lots of people find One In The Chamber confusing or hard, I made this guide to add a few tips.

Arrows:
    Arrows are limited, therefore it is harder to get people. The tip I'd use for Arrow is one; not to worry about it too much, new arrows refill every so often and then you can carry on hitting people. Two; When you dodge people, their arrows go into the ground or on walls/areas near you, you can pick them up. So therefore, when you dodge people, remember to pick up their arrows and shoot back.

Aim:

In the game, everyone is always moving, because they want to dodge the arrows and also relay a few back. So what I do, is wait for someone to think it's safe so they may become a little calmer and less paranoid, thus, they easily forget about people still trying to get them. This is when you take your shot. However, if someone is close to you, find a vantage point, wait until they are out of arrows, and get them where they cant move. If someone is running, aim in the direction you think they will go.

Vantage Points:
    In my opinion, the higher up you are the easier it is to gain an Advantage. The One In The Chamber maps always have places of height, however, it is then generally easier to get shot at, since being higher sometimes means being an easier target. Therefore, you have to be sneaky about where you shoot from.

General:
    Switch between Third game mode and first game mode, to see if people are behind you, or near you. I use Space as my Third Game Mode key, so it's easier to see the people around me. From here you can see who to shoot, and who wants to shoot you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #1 koalajpg, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  2. Ducksfan101

Ducksfan101 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578
    Discord:
    Draobrevoh#1361
    For the first time, bowspam is actually useful.

3. GetShadowRealmed

GetShadowRealmed What do I put here

Ratings:
    +351
    Except I prefer lower ground so I can see people better. I feel like being up high is another way of saying "Hello! Here I'm am! Everyone try and kill me!" But that's just my opinion.

4. Jaetpack1

Jaetpack1 Why jetpack when you can Jaetpack? (RC1)

Ratings:
    +91
    I just stay higher up on an elevated platform, not just on a higher-than-usual area and shift behind some cover until there aren't many players left. If someone comes strolling by, I don't try to escape, I try to kill them. They are usually aren't suspecting a random arrow to come from some random place (they don't know where I am because I'm shifting). When there aren't many players left, I move around and try to stay out of interactions with more than two people to avoid an arrow headed at me from behind. I stick to the outskirts as much as possible to make sure I wont get hit from behind. The only time I come in and away from the walls is when there are only three people left (including me).

It is a very good strategy for me. I usually get to the final three at least 75% of the time with it :smile:.

5. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    I completely agree with this. Besides being good with a bow, I find it extremely useful to play chicken the first few seconds. Some get mad at me, but it's safer than running around with up to 20 other people. When there are about 6 people left I begin to pick people off. I'm a camper. I rarely leave my spot and I prefer height over distance. I don't think I've ever lost a oitc game with this method.