1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

The only way Brawl can continue Hardcore Games

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by NoTeamHD, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. NoTeamHD

NoTeamHD Active Member

Ratings:
    +11
    So I have been realizing, there is no server that is really getting constant quality attendance.

Some people might argue that SimpleHG is doing a hell of a job and don't get me wrong they are.

For Brawl, there just isn't enough people. There aren't enough youtubers recording, for god sakes if you go to youtube nobody has posted HG in over a month. But lets be honest who wants too?

My idea too boost players counts is too have one or two games at the top of each hour. Obviously this could be altered into a game starting every 30 minutes. The player counts would rise because you could win a game and join the next one.

If you think about it games are not going to have as much people as we want (40+) unless we make the games less common.

I don't know guys, I'm doing this for HG's sake.

NoTeam

2. MattM1PVP

MattM1PVP Ex-HG Staff Member

Ratings:
    +705
    No. There isn't enough players to do this. Would you like to wait 1 hour/30 min for a game of 5 players to start, and finish that within 10 min, and wait another 50/20 min?

3. Stormneo

Stormneo Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Nah. Im not gonna wait 30 mins just to have a 30 player game where half the game is full players who probably don't know the game that well; it's not fun.

4. TheMafias

TheMafias Something wise

Ratings:
    +247
    People complain about no youtubers recording. You guys know you could record too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Trogy

Trogy Huncho

Ratings:
    +603
    I enjoy HG from time to time, but like you said, there really isn't enough players there to have a good enjoyable game. I like the idea about spreading games out for every half hour, but I feel like that could be tweaked so that there is always a game going; One game ends, another begins.

6. TheMafias

TheMafias Something wise

Ratings:
    +247
    I think they should take it down completely and run one game every so often so it's more of a special moment to play than just hopping into a random game.

7. Trogy

Trogy Huncho

Ratings:
    +603
    If that is the case, it would be nice to have a feature where members can choose to be notified before a game is starting

8. MattM1PVP

Ratings:
    +705
    Any idea to have less games is bad. It'll chase away newcomers who don't know this, and no one will wait so Long for a game to starf

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ayyyylienslmao

Ratings:
    +8
    It's not the same as youtubers recording "back then" (referring to 2012-2013, probably 2014 as well) where videos were actually viewed by those other than the very niche group of HG enthusiasts. Believe it or not, to all of those who are somewhat new to HG, Hardcore (then Hunger Games) Games used to actually be big, something a very vast percentage of players knew and cared about.

Not that you'd believe it looking at the state it's in now.

10. DurationPvP

DurationPvP Member

Ratings:
    +0

I am NoTeamHD,

I agreed with this

11. Ayyyylienslmao

Ratings:
    +8
    The only way such a system of waiting would work is if HG was something in high demand...unfortunately it's not.

12. NePanda

NePanda Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Early 2016 i record brawlhg (3 or 4 mongh) i got like no subs (18 or something). Then i ubloaded wombocraft and freehg i got a few subs more (50 Subs i had then) Simplehg came out i ubload it in 2 days i got 20 subs and then i ubload more simplehg and now i have over 200 subs... nobody search brawlhg so nobody do brawlhg videos...

13. TheMafias

TheMafias Something wise

Ratings:
    +247
    It is all about the key words. Don't say hunger games or Brawl. Those are taken by SG players and Wii players.

14. Ayyyylienslmao

Ratings:
    +8
    Then what are we supposed to say? Hardcore Games is easily mistaken with "Hardcore Gamers", and things like "Stomper Gameplay" will be taken by YouTubers of the past.

15. MattM1PVP

Ratings:
    +705
    MCBrawl HG/Hardcore Games - *unique title with the word Stomper inside*

16. Ayyyylienslmao

Ratings:
    +8
    I suppose, but...

honestly who even looks for brawl videos?

17. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    The only issue is that not many people would be willing to wait in a lobby for 30 minutes. It should be broadcasted the whole server when there's 10 or 5 minutes until the game starts. Also, to give people an incentive to play, they could get some kind of reward (a rank for a day, a HG kit, .etc). However, this'd still have the issue that @Stormneo said.

Right now, there isn't much of an incentive to start becoming a YouTuber. If you wanna become a YouTuber and take things seriously (active upload schedule, quality videos with lots of recording, editing .etc) then it'd take a lot of effort to do this. To get a good HG gameplay video, YouTubers used to have to play for about 3 hours to get a game which is exciting or special enough to grab viewers attention, then spend around an hour, sometimes more, editing it. Also, since Brawl doesn't really support new YouTubers (like, advertising them more on the forums so they get more subs), its hard to start off on YouTube making videos on Brawl since its harder to get well known.

18. Compability

Compability Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26
    1 thing also is that i.e SimpleHG have 1.7 compatibility, which makes the player count rise. Because often all the best pvpers in the minecraft community play 1.7 gamemodes & servers due to the different pvp aspects.

19. MattM1PVP

Ratings:
    +705
    We can't downgrade to 1.7, because the code would be completely different if I'm not wrong

20. Compability

Compability Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Yes I know, I never stated that I wanted brawl to have 1.7 comtabitility. I just gave an example of how the HG playerbase would increase IF it would happen.