1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Unbanning Snow/Bedrock

Discussion in 'MinecraftBuild' started by boylecolin212, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. boylecolin212

boylecolin212 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Today as I logged on, I came to the surprise that one of the most frequent blocks in my palette: snow, had been taken out of the WorldEdit configuration. (Not snowblock (79), but snow (80). When I found this out, I figured that this block was taken out because of "lag", similar to blocks known to cause lag, like sand, gravel, etc. But snow doesn't cause lag in this context, it only lags when snow is naturally spawning, as in a snow biome. This was also the case a few months ago, when the bedrock block was banned from the Worldedit configuration, for an unknown reason (to me, at least). Can someone please explain the reasoning behind this decision (maybe I might be wrong with my reasoning), or could this please be undone?

Edit: 1: sorry for any grammatical errors, just got off of a red-eye flight not too long ago, still tired :/
    2: Also, if snow has basically the same properties as carpet, how is carpet not banned?

2. Doges

Doges Ex-Mod, Ex-Builder

Ratings:
    +338
    Thin snow is pretty laggy (more so than carpet I've noticed) if someone sets a huge area of it.

3. Shawn_

Shawn_ Playing CTF and making maps since 2012

Ratings:
    +436
    Discord:
    Shawn the Sheep #0146
    I think //snow works although I don't use it often.

4. DeZilla

DeZilla wat

Ratings:
    +165
    //snow is to cover an area with snow (79), completly diferent subject here.

5. boylecolin212

boylecolin212 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not exactly concerned with .//snow, rather .//set snow