1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Modern style Guide - Part #0 - Introduction

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Theo92160_, Feb 19, 2017.

?

You'll stay tuned?

1. Of course!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I hate modern...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Hey builders !
    This is the introduction of a series of guides I will be creating, which will have the purpose of teaching you how to handle Modern style. Now, just a simple question, but why am I saying I can teach modern? Eh, without throwing myself flowers I am pretty qualified in this building style, as I've been learning and using it for about two years.

Schedule & Information
    I will try to respect the schedule of one part of the guide every Sundays, I think that lets me enough time to prepare the documents!
    I will try to show you the most exemples I can when I explain somthing, via Images in Spoilers.

Basic requirements & Inspiration
    I just need to tell you an important aspect of modern before we start, if you are experienced in Medieval or Fantasy you might gonna have difficulties with the detail amount.

I explain myself: In a medieval house, in a percentage scale of details from 0% to 100% on the structure, around 75% is the best, 90% is overdetailed and 50% is underdetailed.
    On a modern house, around 25% is the best, it's even less with minimalistic modern!

Hope you got that aspect, it's important for the rest of the guide ;^)

Basic tools
    Here you will just need WorldEdit, which is usable in MinecraftBuild, sweet! This plugin will makes the construction in general faster, and open new possibilities and tricks that aren't possible in vanilla. If you don't know how to use WorldEdit, You should learn it, it's easy!

Texture Packs
    I will be harsh, Faithfull 64x sucks if you want to go deeper in the textures. Here's what I advise:
    - FlowFlac v2.0, the best:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/z8kcfhh1ofb93lw/Flow's_Flac_HD_1.10_V2.zip
    - WoK Flows:
    http://bit.ly/2eiU8Op

Both packs add a large variety of stone and wood textures, and a lot of interesting blocks to make floors and such.

YouTube
    Youtube videos are clearly the easiest way to learn something, here is a list of some Youtubers which are really useful if you need inspiration for your houses:

- Keralis, obviously
    - AndyIsYoda
    Those two are French, but honestly it isn't a problem:
    - LeCorbloc
    - Defroi, don't base yourself on his last videos, the videos when he visits other houses are way better (to find them - it is the videos which haven't their title in majuscule)

Thank you for reading!
    You now have all the useful tools, you are ready to begin your construction! See you in the next part, which will be about the basics important things to plan for your modern construction.

Of course feedback is highly appreciated!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 2
    #1 Theo92160_, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. Follution

Follution Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    It really good guide! I whould see more from you, good luck with it! i like it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hitchens

Hitchens Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +413
    I have read both part 0 and 1 now. I am going to read the later parts as well because i feel i can learn from this. Gj.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    I'll do my best to regroup my knowledge and teach with the cleanest presentation possible. It's even hard for me to make short parts and not giving out all the advices I have directly XD

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...