1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Modern Style Guide: Part #1 - Beginning

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Theo92160_, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Hey builders !​

Here's the official first part of my guide about Modern Style! Today's lesson is about the basics important things to plan for your modern construction. I know that doesn't seem very interesting, but it's a must to know before you begin your construction.

Modern... style?
    Okay, if you want to start your house from nothing, you're gonna need to think of what type of modern you want to build. Yes, modern term in Minecraft is very blur. @Rhoske

Are you going for...
    Contemporary modern:
    Xalima Xalima Island Villa_ une villa de luxe onirique _ LuxuryEstate ___.jpg

Minimalist modern:
    I will make a part of the guide about that sub-style of modern.
    wp_ss_20170226_0003.png

A-Frame modern:
    wp_ss_20170226_0001.png

Futuristic modern:
    Definitely not the easiest.
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Fond-LV-vue-de-haut.jpg That's a thing in real life, it's called the foundation Louis Vitton. It's in a forest next to Paris.

Art-Deco modern:
    torn between Art Deco and Art Nouveau_ Anyone else love these ___.jpg

The environment around your house is very important, a lonely construction in a flat world will not looks as good as the same house in a city, on the shores of a lake or on the edge of a cliff.
    Here's an exemple of a mansion which uses very well the environment:
    2017-02-18_18.19.55.png 2017-02-18_18.19.02.png

Materials
    Having the materials you're going to need in mind is very important, I highly recommend you to have 3 different materials types in your modern house. Here's what I usually use:

- Quartz, or snow as my main block, it is very easy to make details with white blocks, especially when they are re-textured. You have stairs, slabs, snow caps, iron trapdoors, etc...
    - Solid blocks like stone, concrete, clay, stonebricks, useful to make foundations, indoor walls...
    - Wood, which also has slab and stairs, nice to make false decorative walls, the texture breaks the impression of concrete, add shade, contrast...

Very important! You can of course use different shades of colors, as long as the contrast is not too high. Do not use only stone brick, there are a LOT of different types of stones in custom texture packs.

Thank you for reading!
    The next part will be about the things to avoid when you build modern style, see you later!

Other parts:​
    - Part #0: https://www.brawl.com/threads/64860/

Of course feedback is highly appreciated.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 1
    #1 Theo92160_, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. Follution

Follution Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Good tutorial, Make it up again!

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...