1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Medieval Build Contest Results and... MORE changes?!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Events' started by DeadRhos, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. DeadRhos

DeadRhos Minimum Brain Size

Ratings:
    +621
    It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for: Build Comp results! But first, I want to chat a little bit about the Build Competition format itself.

As you may or may not have noticed, we haven’t had a huge amount of submissions this time round. Not really a big deal, it’s only our second try and stuff like this helps us to make contests even better for you guys in the future! So, we’ve been having a little brainstorm as to why we didn’t get as many entries this time and what we can do to change that.
    1. One reason was that the theme of the contest wasn’t great, and I take full responsibility for this: my reasoning was that if we chose a theme that a lot of people were familiar with, naturally we’d get a lot of entries. What I didn’t account for was that the theme was a bit TOO broad and directionless, which meant it was difficult to know what to build.
    2. The other reason came straight from @chickenputty, the big dog himself. He argued that the frequency of the competitions made them less special. And he’s right: while our intentions were good, advertising a contest 24/7 with no breaks in between means you’ll just get bored of them.
    What that means is that from now on, Build Contests will be bi-monthly (once every two months). They’ll still last a month, but you’ll have a break in between. This has the added benefit of letting the Build Team spend more time to make sure that the next contest is perfect.

Please do tell us what you think – in the end, all we want to do is make it more fun for you, so any suggestions are welcome! This includes ideas for the theme of the next contest, which will likely be announced on April 1st (actually, that gives me an idea already…). Is there anything in particular you want to build? Do you enjoy building for Brawl gamemodes or is that too restrictive? Are bimonthly contests a great idea or what? Let us know!

[​IMG]

Enough chit-chat – let’s get down to business. This is what you really came for… the results! This month very much prioritised quality over quantity and it was actually very difficult to choose a top 3. That said, we managed, so without further ado here are your contest winners!

[​IMG]

In third place is a familiar face - @Fordale! Fordale’s already proven herself to be a great builder by winning Builder of the Month last month and placing in the previous contest, and her latest entry, Drogon vs Maleficent, is somehow even more impressive than those submissions. The reason it didn’t place higher was partly because it’s more fantasy-themed than medieval, and partly because of the other great submissions. Nevertheless, she’s earned herself ten bucks to spend in the Brawl store and an extra map!

[​IMG]

In second place is @ciberblock67, for Kingdom of Jehovah! Ciber (AKA captainserious97) has improved tremendously since his WE1 application in 2014, and this map is proof of that. While on a smaller scale there’s still room for improvement, he’s shown proficiency in terraforming, organics, buildings, originality, composition and dedication to a build. It’s a very impressive combination of lots of different style of building and we can’t wait to see what comes next! For his efforts, Ciberblock67 gets $15 to spend in the Brawl store and two extra maps.

[​IMG]
    And finally, in first place is someone who’s been waiting anxiously on the results, and for good reason – congratulations to @Pyrotheum, creator of Sky Islands! We all know that Pyro’s a great builder (having also won BotM) and this map’s no exception to the rule – it’s got beautiful details, interesting colours and a fun concept. Overall, it’s a refined map by a very proficient and hardworking builder, and one that’s very much deserving of first place! Pyro earns himself $20 to spend in the Brawl store, 3 free maps and a contest winner forum medal. Great work!

• Like Like x 6
    #1 DeadRhos, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. Avivox

Avivox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230
  3. DeadRhos

Ratings:
    +621
  4. Daveeeeeeeee

Daveeeeeeeee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +876
    I'm sorry but Fordale is the clear winner, even if she/he has won before, it's about the best build.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pandanielxd

pandanielxd its panda daniel

Ratings:
    +893
    People their opinion differ, sorry that yours isn't the one announced!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RockTomb

RockTomb Ex Legacy Manager + SMOD

Ratings:
    +650
    Well done pyro! Good job all who entered!

7. Fordale

Fordale Queen

Ratings:
    +80
    Discord:
    Fordale#4520
    Aw thank you so much! That means a lot to me! I'm satisfied with the results anyway. I love doing these competitions and can't wait for the next ones to come!

Thanks again for placing me third!
    :happy:

8. ciberblock67

ciberblock67 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Wow I cant belive I won :smile:(second).

Iv been truly working hard on this map my building skills ty staff and everyone!

9. DeadRhos

Ratings:
    +621

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Champloo

Champloo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good job to everyone who entered!
    And I would like monthly contests

11. Daveeeeeeeee

Daveeeeeeeee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +876
    It's still clearly better than 2nd.

I guess but still a better build.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. AguaDeLaMiseria

AguaDeLaMiseria Un-Known Pleasure

Ratings:
    +142
    I agree with the 1st point of why this contest didn't get a good amount of entries, though I doubt about the 2nd one, it would make sense. I think you didn't get entries because Medieval is so familiarized with the people that some don't even want to build that, that's also why I didn't enter.

Good job to all the winners.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Follution

Follution Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    I did my better, But the 1st really goes to Pyrotheum, Congratz!