1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Modern Style Guide: Part #4 - Windows & doors!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Theo92160_, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Hey builders !

Here's the fourth part of my guide about Modern Style! Today's lesson is about Windows and doors. Expect this part to be less technical than the last two!​

Materials?

Obviously the windows of modern houses in minecraft usually use glasses and glass panes, but builders also use ice, which has a very futuristic texture. Look at this house:
    By LeCorbloc, Flac server:
    2017-03-26_18.53.58.png

Small point: I highly recommend to use full blocks of glass when the glass covers a big surface, and panes for smaller windows, e.g:
    Pay attention to the repetitions... ^.^ 2017-03-26_19.03.04.png

As you can see in this modern building, the builder used random grey, white and dark grey glass, a very good thing.

Windows detailing

Personalizing a window with decorative pillars, solid beams, or with an armature would make your house look better, i.e, the house in the first picture uses fences in front of the ice and also iron trapdoors, in this situation they are retextured to look full white.

An example of decorative beams around a window, again, a great way to learn modern and take inspiration in to fly around build servers:
    2017-03-26_19.10.26.png

Doors, shortly

Not much to say about doors, my advice is to forget Minecraft vanilla ones, nobody uses them as an entrance for his modern house. Builders often make glass pane doors, with a fence as the handle, because it looks modern and nice. Try to be original here :p

Thank you for reading!

I'm not sure which one is going to be the next part, either exterior features, roofs, interior features, but anyway, see you later!

Other parts:​
    - Part #0: www.brawl.com/threads/64860/
    - Part #1: www.brawl.com/threads/65033
    - Part #2: https://www.brawl.com/threads/65232/
    - Part #3: https://www.brawl.com/threads/65641/
    Of course feedback is highly appreciated, as well as questions.

• Like Like x 6
    #1 Theo92160_, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Xelasi

Xelasi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944
    I like your guides ^^ thanks for the info

• Like Like x 1
  3. Follution

Follution Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Do a good shape for modern houses

4. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Sorry, do you want something such as a step-by-step construction of a house by me or just an exemple of shape? I already showed multiple pictures of houses and I'm gonna show more.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...