1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Closing the gap between PvP/PvE Players

Discussion in 'MC-WarZ' started by StrikerSly, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. StrikerSly

StrikerSly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +745
    So there's two opinions floating around.

1) "the competitive nature of warz in it's pvp sector is where the fun comes from. Looting and killing for loot is the point of the game and stacking accounts/echests with loot allows players to reign as the best, earning a reputation by killing others and making montages for it."

2) "the game was made solely for PvE, with a side of PvP action (if any) which should not be the main focus of the game. Zombies should be harder to kill, and survival obstacles should be more challenging. Disease should occur more frequently and with more variety of diseases. Hunger, bleeding and bone breaking should be more common and the game should be about teaming with others against the environment."

The issue with warz right now is that there is no compensation for those that want to play another way. Right now, the game is dominated with PvP aspects that favour the experienced, the best, and those with the big teams. Looting suitable armor and guns, along with a decent amount of supplies comes from only the zone 5+ regions, which are usually camped by donors with a team. In short, a whitename who wishes to get loot solely for the PvE aspect of the game usually is out-ruled by the PvPers.

I've seen far too many new players asking "where are all the zombies?". It is clear to me that they did not intend to hop on the server to fight others, but to fight zombies and improve their account in that way.

So here's my idea, (and yes, I'm sure it's been thought of in some different variant but the discussion has faded) to help players who love PvE to enjoy it just a little more.

ZOMBIE CREDIT SYSTEM
    Credits

Players can earn credits (not vote tokens) by killing zombies. For example, killing 1 zombie can earn a player 1 credit, and once the player earns enough credits, certain items can be bought in the store for these credits. Let's face it: the people who don't vote on brawl probably will never vote, and the people who do vote will always vote for it's benefits. Voting will still be in effect with most likely the same amount of people voting.

Loot/Store
    Players who have enough credits may type /rewards and find the credit store. This store may be filled with items from survival, all the way to tier IV guns, diamond and other goodies that PvE players never get to experience. However, obtaining such items isn't the easiest. I'd say:
    1 Tier IV gun: 200+ credits
    D Helm/boots: 500
    D Legs: 600
    D Chest: 700+
    Tier II food: 5 each
    Survival items (Infect cure, blood bags, bones/bandages): Price may vary between 1-25
    Gapples: 1000

Maintaining this Playerbase
    -The addition of baby zombies was very new and sadly they got taken away (I believe). Perhaps adding the baby zombies back could give players an opportunity to earn more credits, or earn player buffs upon killing them.
    - Adding a PvE leaderboard could help create a community within the PvE players. This leaderboard could consist of credits earned, credits spent, zombies killed, deaths by zombies etc.
    - PvP playerbase would still be maintained as that aspect is not worsened, but the PvE is improved.
    - Hosting events such as a giant zombie event: (I will certainly make a thread about this)
    - Blood moon event (will be making a thread about this)

Spawnrate, stat changes
    - Increase zombie spawnrate
    - Decrease zombie speed
    - Add special zombies with 1/10 chance of having speed II
    - Increase chance of contracting disease
    - Add a new disease such as a resistant disease, where a new item is necessary for the cure
    - Increase spawnrate of pepsi/water bottles in zone 1-5, increase the speed for thirst necessity
    - Keep damages the same for zombies

Spawning-in
    Whitenames spawn with the bare minimum. Perhaps changing this and allowing them to spawn with a pistol (3 stacks of ammo), infection cure, and more food would help start a player off.

EDITS:
    Ranks
    - Players who buy ranks may also be have a benefit, and earn credits faster.
    - Rank-buyers could have the ability to kill zombies and get lucky, receiving 5-10x the amount of credits from a kill. Depending on the rank, this ability is increased just as tp time is decreased.
    - Food could come in bundles of 2 as opposed to one, just as ammo could

Global
    - Unlike loot and location, credits are server-wide and killing zombies on one server will allow credits to be transferred throughout the whole warz server so players killing zombies with loot on 1 could redeem credits on server 2 to give them a head start.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #1 StrikerSly, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. ekali

ekali Bannēd for DoX

Ratings:
    +345
    VOUCH FOR THIS @STAFF :finger::finger::finger:

3. wisedragon47

wisedragon47 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    HUGE vouch, Putty, now is your time to start having WarZ players come back... 1+

4. Ritzy

Ritzy Est. 2014
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +667
    Discord:
    Ritzy#2167
    I think it'd be cool if zombies moved around in huge heards and if a player was attacked by them the players speed would be reduced and they would get nausea and slowly die. An infection cure would get rid of these. Zombies should be made a lot more frequent and move at a slower speed.

#4 Ritzy, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  5. Thwer

Thwer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +114
    I would love this, but the problem is the staff keep is how it is to make more money because they know it works. I feel like they're scared to change it to being more like the actual dayz game because pvp works for income purposes.

6. Carsonn

Carsonn #1 WarZ Looter

Ratings:
    +523
    Discord:
    Carson#2211
    Maybe reduce zombie speed as health drops, just to be more realistic?

EDIT: I mean as the zombie's health drops

7. ekali

ekali Bannēd for DoX

Ratings:
    +345
    [​IMG]

8. Ritzy

Ritzy Est. 2014
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +667
    Discord:
    Ritzy#2167
    Slower as in speed thanks :hilarious: 'twas funny but edited it in case others get confused.