1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Modern Style Guide: Part #5 - Exterior & roofs!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Theo92160_, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Hey builders !

I’m back from my break, here's the fifth part of my guide about Modern Style! Today's lesson is about exterior features. You will learn how to make your houses look impressive, and expensive. We are also going to take a look at roofs.

Pools !

Every modern house needs a big swimming pool. It’s for me the most important exterior feature to add. Your pool needs to be proportionally sized, if the house is big, your pool should be big too. You can even add details such as beach volley balls (custom heads) or floating sunbeds (made with carpets). Example:
    Transcend house, by Makapuchii:
    http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/trascend-modern-house/ 2017-04-16_14.19.59.png
    This curved pool is quite well implemented to the exteriors of this house...

Worse situation:
    This house looks pretty, but the pool is too small! 2017-04-16_14.21.02.png
    Misc & trees
    List of some outdoor details:
    Sun loungers, umbrellas, BBQs, outdoor eating area, Jacuzzis, tennis courts, soccer cages, basketball baskets, outdoor chill area, tennis tables, natural water features, bins shelter, wood shelter...

Don’t forget, only make custom trees!
    Palm trees are good if you are building a house near the beach :^)

Expensive Vehicles

Sports cars, helicopters, yachts, speed boats are fancy details to make your house looks better:
    2017-04-16_14.41.12.png
    Roofs
    Let's make the roof of your house, generally they are flat and white, but if your house isn’t small, details could be added. Here’s the features usually used, unless your roof is curved! :

- air conditioning units/ventilation ;
    - solar panels ;
    - Natural roofs ;
    - “stony” roofs (mix of different stones textures) ;
    - Skylights (windows or holes in the roof, often used in modern).

2017-04-16_14.26.53.png

2017-04-16_14.31.06.png

Thank you for reading!

The next part will be about interiors, we are nearly done with this series of guides! See you later!

Other Parts:

- Part #0: www.brawl.com/threads/64860/
    - Part #1: www.brawl.com/threads/65033
    - Part #2: www.brawl.com/threads/65232/
    - Part #3: www.brawl.com/threads/65641/

- Part #4: www.brawl.com/threads/65797/
    Of course feedback is highly appreciated, as well as questions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DeadRhos

DeadRhos Minimum Brain Size

Ratings:
    +621
    Good idea with the pools! Mine are always too square :v

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...