1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Party: Golden player?

Discussion in 'MinecraftParty Deluxe' started by Theo92160_, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Feather, you changed my life c:

1. I like this idea, +1!

2. needs some improvements, +0

3. Useless, -1

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Hey brawlers,
    Just a simple idea to spice party without changing it too much to a competitive PvP gamemode, I thought of an addition we could call the "Golden player".

So, this thing would take place in these mini-games:
    - Spleef
    - Dead end
    - Assassin
    - One in the chamber
    - Snowball fight

The golden player would be selected randomly, and would have a special tag above his name. He is kind of the most important player on the game, if you kill him, your credits at the end of the game are going to be multiplied by 5.

Otherwise, if you are the Golden player and you manage to survive from players targeting you the whole game, and win, your credits are going to be multiplied by 10

Thoughts? See you guys!

• Like Like x 4
    #1 Theo92160_, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. Diversities

Diversities Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Really unique & thoughtful idea! My main problem, though, is the coins earned seem a bit too high. Maybe instead multiplying the killer's coins by 5, we multiple it by 3. And, instead of multiplying the golden player's coins by 10, it's 5. Moreover, in smaller Party games (ones that consist of players under 10 people) I feel like too many people will be targeting this golden player. Add a poll maybe to see what others think as well?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Theo92160_

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Unfortunately I can't add polls, but if a higher staff see this message, please can you make one for us? ^^

You brought good points. I intentionally made the multiplier high, otherwise players would find this feature useless (another thread about more things to do with party coins, #soon?).

About your second observation, you are right xD
    Perhaps adding the Golden player when 15+ people are on, even 2 golden players when 35+ players are on? I think there's lot of ways to make this addition fair.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diversities

Ratings:
    +70
    Adding it when 15+ players are on seems like the best choice tbh. Interested to see what the other Party players think about this as well :stuck_out_tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Seems cool but, I don't think speef and Dead End would work since you don't actually get people out, you run around or mine the snow. However I think addin Hot TNT and Infection Tag since you are tagging the players themselves.

6. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Go up to the url of this thread and type in /poll/add to the end of your url, then press enter. I think you'll find it useful :wink:

As for the actual idea, I like it a lot, but don't see much use for it until more uses for coins appear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DaddyPurest

DaddyPurest Ex-Party Mod

Ratings:
    +212
    Discord:
    DaddyPurest#5286
    This could be a good idea, but instead of it just being for select games it would be for every game. Once the sever restarts one person is then chosen at random and would acquire the golden player. The rank would be transferred to the winner of the next game or the person who had the most wins in total since the server had rebooted. Once the server is ready to restart the person ending with the golden player rank could get a rating/coins or something along that idea.

#7 DaddyPurest, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  8. TheTitaniumTitan

TheTitaniumTitan Ex WW JMod and Wiki Team member. Bring back WW!

Ratings:
    +431
    I feel like you'd get targeted real fast. :v

9. Diversities

Ratings:
    +70
    You have to keep in mind that you're not always the golden player; it switches off from player to player. In addition, the player will have the chance to multiple their credits making the potential targeting worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DaddyPurest

DaddyPurest Ex-Party Mod

Ratings:
    +212
    Discord:
    DaddyPurest#5286
    Mayhe you could get a prompt choice asking if you want to take the risk and if so then you would just have to accept the fact you could be targeted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheTitaniumTitan

TheTitaniumTitan Ex WW JMod and Wiki Team member. Bring back WW!

Ratings:
    +431
    Totes like this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Or maybe it shouldn't announce it in chat, so it's a game of luck. It only tells the golden player.

13. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    Indeed, a very nice idea. As agreed above, this could add a more competitive feel to the game without necessarily having to make it harder.

14. Theo92160_

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Thanks for all the thoughtful answers guys, I appreciate it!
    Wow, you're going far! I think it'd be a bit too complicated concept, for new players joining the game. The main purpose of the golden player is to have a risk, if you succeed you win way more. The 5x multiplier when you kill the golden player is only made to encourage other players to target him. Exactly like you said below.
    But, actually, you a bringing a good idea for Party events!

That's actually interesting, if only the golden player get the message, subsequently there will be no risk from targetters and you become a player with the same winning chance than before. But you still have the 10x multiplier!

15. DaddyPurest

DaddyPurest Ex-Party Mod

Ratings:
    +212
    Discord:
    DaddyPurest#5286
    Like you said, new players. Brawl needs to make sure to keep players and new players being targeted might not be the best way to do that. Keeping in mind that Party attracts a younger age group and that may discourage them and possibly influence them to quit if targeted.

16. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    I completely agree with this. We don't want people to feel targeted ever. Especially not on a server like party, where most people statistically go to hang out and chill.

17. Theo92160_

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    @Purest_, @_featherpaw_,
    I recognize that Party brings many young players, which say more young foreigners that would probably not understand English (I know what I'm saying, since some of my friends are in this situation :c). Even, they would always have a friend to explain them how it works.

Minecraft works like that, you hardly ever discover a server alone, most of time someone show you the server while a skype call or whatever. Then, I'm sure the community wouldn't think about this addition like an annoying feature, they would enjoy being the golden player, and for the most part of the them, being a special player would even be seen like a challenge!

Summarized, Brawl should manage to explain well and clearly the purpose of the golden player at every game (Target risk -> more cash if you succeed). New players should be aware of the possibles targeters, and of the result if they succeed.

Only a small minority of foreigners which discover party alone could possibly become frustrated and leave, and even! What's the chance that new players become the golden player on their first game and leave directly after (because of frustration) ?

Other opinions? xD

18. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    My personal opinion of it is that I've been playing party for a long long long time now. Going on 2 years. I've played alone, with friends, with strangers, and even just as spectator, but no matter what I do, I will rage in block hunt or hot tnt. Why? Because I'm being targeted either by a stranger or even my friends. It's aggravating and I'm sure others feel the same way. This is the main reason I don't like the idea of the golden player being announced.

19. DaddyPurest

DaddyPurest Ex-Party Mod

Ratings:
    +212
    Discord:
    DaddyPurest#5286
    I have to agree with feather, I don't think this idea would be a good addition. As a party staff member I have been part of the community for a long time and I have seen many players rage quit while not even being targeted. Not being given the option to get targeted or not is not the best idea. Sorry but I don't think this would work, but don't be discouraged!! Keep comming up with ideas we really value your opinion! Thank You

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Nicely put my friend. :smile: And yes, we appreciate the ideas, really truly. It's normally pretty dead here, so we love to see new ideas. It's a breath of fresh air.

• Like Like x 1