1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Horse Race

Discussion in 'MinecraftParty Deluxe' started by Diversities, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Diversities

Diversities Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Hey Forums.
    I play party, a lot of it. It has come to my attention recently that a majority of players do not like the game Horse Race. The main complaints I've heard is that players who don't have a strong connection often glitch and get stuck in blocks, causing them to potentially lose the race. Moreover, Party players believe that there's too many maps for Horse Race. There's currently a total of 3 active Horse Race maps, which doesn't make sense if this game is commonly disliked among the community. I've also personally experienced back to back Horse Race maps as well as frequent block glitches while playing. After talking with different Party players, they've said they want more Parkour, Wipeout, and a better rotation of maps. The reason this isn't being addressed by the Party community is because a lot of them don't use the Forums in general, so their voices aren't being heard. If the rotations are changed around to where Horse Race is less active in the rotations, not only will a majority of players be happy with this, but it also keeps players online for the maps they do love to play.

2. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    When we put out a survey and asked around before adding in 3 maps, people were upset about 2 things regarding horse race.
    1) that the mario circuit map was glitched and you could abuse to win.
    And 2) that there wasnt enough variety on horse race, which was actually one of our better liked games as shown in the survey.

3. Diversities

Ratings:
    +70
    To be fair, that survey was over a month ago. What I've heard from players recently is that they aren't happy with the rotation having back to back Horse Race, and many players still glitch in the races.

4. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Hmmm. Ok. I'll see if we could possibly get a small update so that horse race doesn't happen one right after the other. At least one other minigame must run before hrose race cones back up. Is that a reasonable compromise for now? I'm not a huge fan of drastic changes.

5. Diversities

Ratings:
    +70
    Yeah, that's what I was aiming for. I didn't want any of the maps removed because some players really do enjoy horse race. It just becomes an issue when you're playing 2-3 different games of horse race when you haven't even had the chance to play different mini-games. A different rotation would really fix this c: Thank you

6. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Awesome. I'll see what I can do, but no promises ok?

7. Diversities

Ratings:
    +70
    Sounds good!

8. MrSwat_

MrSwat_ War 2.0 GSGer, Team Sync Wild West, and Ex-Sheriff

Ratings:
    +152
    It does get annoying doing horse race back-to-back and I don't like it.

9. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    I know. I'm sorry about that, but it was something we didn't forsee. I've put in a tiny request to possibly have it altered, so I'll let you know what the verdict is.

10. MrSwat_

Ratings:
    +152
    K ty!

11. DaddyPurest

DaddyPurest Ex-Party Mod

Ratings:
    +212
    Discord:
    DaddyPurest#5286
    Like @_featherpaw_ said, I think this problem could easily be solved with a simple map rotation change so that there are not two horse race mini-games back to back. But also, I feel like featherpaws survey is still valid, nothing much has changed about party since the questionnaire was public. Also a few new horse race maps were recently added and we were hoping to spark interest even more and make the community happier by giving them something many of them enjoyed.

12. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    I completely agree. Great minds think alike! ^-^ I talked to a dev about a possible update, so if you could try to nudge him, that'd be awesome. You have a lot more swing than me right now and your credibility could help here. But I don't want to pressure him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Diversities

Ratings:
    +70
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MrSwat_

Ratings:
    +152
  15. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    I like horse race, but in my opinion, remove the Mario Circuit map and add more Wipeout/Parkour maps.

16. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Sadly, adding more wipeout maps is a little out of the question right now. They're difficult to make and set up, but I'll definitely remember it for later! :smile:

17. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    I could make it, I just need the criteria since the map criteria thread doesn't have it.

18. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    normal players can't build it.

#18 featherpaw, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  19. KiwiDwarf

KiwiDwarf Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I do agree that this is the least popular game on Mineacrft Party, This problem can be fixed easily with a few adjustment.

20. featherpaw

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Hey guys! Keeping you updated. I talked to one of our lovely devs and sadly it's a no go for now because of other projects and it'd take a lot of tinkering with the code, but don't worry because it'll be fixed soonish they said!

• Informative Informative x 1