1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Modern Style guide: Part #7 - Natural features

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Theo92160_, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Hey builders !

Here's the seventh and last part of my guide about modern style!
    Today's lesson is about natutral features!
    Disclamer, this part will be shorter than the previous ones because natural features aren't the most complicated thing to learn about modern. Now you know, let's begin.

Vegetation
    Adding plants (pile of leaves on a fake trunk/cauldron) or more complicated trees to your modern interior is the simplest way to naturalize your house. The effect works even better with wooden walls.
    Flowers pots can also help with the decoration, I have an advice to give to a room a special touch, select a flower which is the same color as the room accentuation. Example:
    A green cactus looks good with the green tons of the room, it wouldn't have been the same with a rose or a blue flower!

2017-04-01_10.27.07.png

You know that modern builders use natural roofs most of the time, they also add vegetation to the walls, don't overdo-it though. Oh also, don't be afraid if you need to break your roof to fit an indoor tree, like in this flac server's Starbucks recreation:
    Let's say that pannels are sliding when it rains xD

2017-05-14_16.18.25.png

There's a final vegetation feature I enjoy making because they're perfect to fill the space, terrariums. Basically an indoor terraforming behind a glass. Unfortunately i didn't find any examples for the first time ever :/

Adding water to your house
    Is there a better example for a natural house than the Fallingwater house? If there's someone on Brawl who has been there, you are lucky, I'd love to see it! So, it's located in Pennsylvania, was created in 1939 by Frank Lloyd Wright.
    96663-050-C17E44F5.jpg

And its Minecraft recreation, what were you thinking about?

2017-05-14_16.53.30.png

We were talking about terrariums earlier, you can also make aquariums, with fishes made of custom heads. One of my tip is to not filling it with water, an ice wall is enough for the illusion.
    The aquarium of this house is 3 floors tall!

2017-05-14_17.27.52.png

Thank you for reading!

It's time builders, no more parts :( . You now have the necessary skills to build a decent modern house. If you think something needs to be added to the guides, feel free to tell me, I don't think I talked about everything!
    Well, I have a question to the community, should I invest some time and convert these guides into a Youtube series? If yes, should I talk with my french accent or explain by text? xD
    Would be quite cool, say your opinions down below.

Complete series:

- Part #0: www.brawl.com/threads/64860, Introduction
    - Part #1: www.brawl.com/threads/65033, Beginning
    - Part #2: www.brawl.com/threads/65232, Common mistakes
    - Part #3: www.brawl.com/threads/65641, Structuring & walls
    - Part #4: www.brawl.com/threads/65797, Windows & doors
    - Part #5: www.brawl.com/threads/66361, Exteriors & roofs
    - Part #6: www.brawl.com/threads/66674, Interiors
    - Part #7: Naturalization ^.^

As always, feedback and questions are very appreciated !
    ps: Why does the colors go weird on the links part :confused:

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • VIP Honor x 1
    • MVP Honor x 1
    • SMod Honor x 1
  2. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    Good progress! I like your series; they teach me more about the main style I build, which is modern. The Build community should be grateful.

About your P.S.:
    Just use the change color feature.

• Like Like x 1
  3. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    This is absolutely phenomenal. Omg... good job!

I'm comin back once I'm staff again to give this a mod honor.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Diversities

Diversities Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Love this series. Always makes building seem plain & simple to do. :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Wow, thank for your enthusiasm about my guides everyone! Didn't expect having such a fast wave of positivity towards the last part <3

6. Trogy

Trogy Huncho

Ratings:
    +603
    Great stuff as always, good job Theo

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...