1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Wild West Event: Opium Wars!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Events' started by Trogy, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Trogy

Trogy Huncho

Ratings:
    +603

opiumwars.jpg

Overview:

Hey there Brawlers! Are you all ready for another Wild West event?
    That's right! This Sunday (May 21st), myself and 2 other staff members will be holding down the Poppy Cartel, defending it from all of you bandits! Now although there will only be 3 of us camping, don't think that taking us down will be a simple task, as we will be heavily geared out with full sets of Protection III, Unbreaking III diamond armor, sheriff guns, and a large arsenal of Potions to keep us alive!

Hidden in, and around the house we decide to hide in, there'll be chests full of drugs, and expensive gems!
    Also, us drug smugglers will have some very valuable items on us if you manage to kill us, including gold, diamond armor, and powerful illegal weapons.
    On top of all this, whoever manages to kill me, will receive a hefty 100,000 gold!

Oh, also for those of you that stick around until after the event, there will be a SUPER RARE set of chain armor, enchanted with protection I dropped!

Information:
    • There will only be one standoff (round) for this event. Once I and my drug smuggling associates are killed, the event will be over, and victors announced.
    • Only one player will be able to earn the 100,000 gold grand prize.
    • Logging out in the base prior to the event starting, will result in a disqualification and a jailing.
    • Sheriffs will not be allowed to participate in this event, however, for those of you that are sheriff and want to join in on the fun, I can temporarily remove your sheriff rank, and return it to you when the event is over.
    Recap:

• Where: wildwest.brawl.com
    • When: Sunday, May 21st, at 9 PM CET / 8 PM UTC / 3 PM EST / 12 PM PST

We hope to see you all there!

Brawl Staff Team

• Like Like x 7
    #1 Trogy, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. Hitchens

Hitchens Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +413
    That prot 4 armor is just too op. We couldnt even kill you with rvng, spamming tg headshots on you when you wasnt even potted..

3. FearTheDoggos

FearTheDoggos Ex- WildWest/WarZ MOD

Ratings:
    +200
    The three people who are going to be targets will be @Trogy @ChicknSlayr and @Chilled_67 .
    I hope that you will all be able to attend and help us spread the publicity of the event as far as possible!!!!
    -WildWest Staff Team
    Good luck to everyone!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Trogy

Trogy Huncho

Ratings:
    +603
    Because I was spamming /heal. :smile:
    It's not as OP as you think, don't worry

5. Hitchens

Ratings:
    +413
    It doesnt really matter. If its not op, and people show up, youll be ded in 2min. If it is op, it ruins the fun as you can only be killed by 15 people spamming you while you can 2 shot us without worrying about health. Which ever way you put it it doesnt make much sence to me.

What you do is have a little more people defend, but with normal sheriff gear and respawns (if you want a smaller group of people defending).

6. Sn4x5

Sn4x5 Ex WarZ Mod

Ratings:
    +538
    What a sexy Screenshot D:!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Trogy

Trogy Huncho

Ratings:
    +603
    Our armor is now changed to just protection III.
    • You can (now) 3-shot us with Model and T-Gewehr, and 2-shot us with Sawed-Off, when we are not potted.
    • You can (now) 4-shot us with Model and T-Gewehr, and 3-shot us with Sawed-Off, when we are potted.
    I'd say that's quite fair, expecting the numbers to be substantially in favor of the bandits.
    I want this event to be atleast somewhat of a challenge for bandits, as we are only doing one round, and the payout is quite high to the winners.

✖ If we die quickly, and this is a short event, I don't want to hear any complaining.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Hitchens

Ratings:
    +413
    What I am trying to say is you cant balance that really. I mean this just feels like war infect back in the days. The way to balance it would be 3 guys with rayguns killing all the rest till the zombies get them in a few min. The game is already horrible for the zombs. And if you want it to last longer than 2 mins, you gotta make it even worse. You cant balance that when the idea is 3vs rest.

If you look at the zombs vs survivors as a whole, sure its balamced. But the game is still complete ****.

9. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Time to get geared...

10. FearTheDoggos

Ratings:
    +200
    @Hitchens And as a reminder to all wildwest players, this is only our first event and all we are able to do within the short period of time we were given. Over the next week we will be asking for other event ideas to do in the future. This is just a start of what will hopefully be consistent events. I would prefer to do a smaller and less organized event such as this, than no event at all this weekend.
    Lets try to keep complaining to a minimum and give us helpful criticism and ideas for future events. Please also remember that we are trying as best we can to do this well.
    Also I would like to point out that it will simply take one extra shot to kill us in this armor. Its not in any way too over powered.
    Those of you who have more criticism and ideas for this event and future events, feel free to pm me trogs or randomcitizen1 your ideas, and we will be creating a thread for event ideas soon.

• Like Like x 2
    #10 FearTheDoggos, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  11. Hitchens

Ratings:
    +413
    Lololooool

For example today, I suggested a ww video competition for the next 2-3 weeks. I told you I could pay for the prizes if needed. I also said the videos would have to be new. This would be to increase the playerbase for more than a short events time and prevent people from jist submitting old clips.

I tryed comming up with other stuff as well, but this is surely the best of them.

And havent you read my posts? I tryed to explain whats wrong and even told what could be done instead to make it better. I am not quite sure what I have done wrong.

12. Nafsu

Nafsu Active Member

Ratings:
    +17
    those are some weak drug smugglers

• Like Like x 2
  13. DreadfulDNA

DreadfulDNA Well Known Member

Ratings:
    +136
    Man, another event that I will probably miss. RIP. Looks like a lot of fun, great job coming up with this on the fly today @Trogy. Personally, I think it's fair that the three smugglers will have protection 4, unbreaking 3. Inevitably the three who camp will be outnumbered, and they should be able to hold the invaders off for at least some amount of time to keep the event interesting.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Hitchens

Ratings:
    +413
    The question is just: why only 3 guys defending in the first place?

15. TheZombieKat

TheZombieKat CTFer since May 2012

Ratings:
    +354
    It depends on how many people show up to kill the staff. If tons of people come there's a possibility that additional staff would join in the defending.

16. FearTheDoggos

Ratings:
    +200
    You have done nothing wrong. I tagged you to respond to your earlier post about the damages. In fact you have done exactlty what we were hoping for, which is constructive criticism and not flaming us saying "this will be awful."
    The rest was meant to encourage people to post criticism after the event was done and not just "good event" or "garbage event" which is the usual response.
    Regarding the video ontest, I have not yet posted all of your ideas yet. I mentioned earlier that we will create a thread for wildwest Regarding the video contest idea, I mentioned earlier that we woupd be posting an event idea thread soon. I will work on getting this posted by tomorrow night.

Yes, if there happens to be a larger turnout than we expected, we will recruit other staff for the event. However we will most likely only have three with the enchanted armor.
    Also sheriffs, you will have the option to be temporarily demoted in order to take part in the event.

17. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Why isn't Randomcitizen posting this? Is he on vacation? Will he be hiding somewhere? I'm so confused. XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ZeFazzy

ZeFazzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34
    he's hiding in his basement eating Cheetos while reading Harry Potter

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    I am sheriff and I want to participate though I don't have sets of armor or guns. Will we spawn with free kits or we will have to buy it?

20. TheTitaniumTitan

TheTitaniumTitan Ex WW JMod and Wiki Team member. Bring back WW!

Ratings:
    +431
    he isn't hosting it

you can only participate as bandit, you can't be on their side.