1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

How to do better in brawl pvp.

Discussion in 'General Guides' started by jojoSkiller_YT, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. jojoSkiller_YT

Ratings:
    +8
    Hello! Guess this is another post by me on top of my last post xD.

Okay so if you've come here to learn how to do better in pvp then i'll give you tips and the best things you can do to improve the situation.

Okay so number one is ping. Which should be probably most obvious, ping is the determining factor of how well your hit is registered. The lower the ping number the better. You can check your in game ping by doing /ping. Okay so now how you can improve that ping/connection. So whip our that connection tester, because we're diving in!

Okay so there are multiple ways on how to improve your ping. So let's start off by doing this. If you've had your router on for a while then that could possibly be the cause. Simply unplug the power cord to your router-wait about three seconds then plug it back in. Sometimes your router just needs a little restart to get everything back in order, like refreshing the page on chrome.

Next is not using wifi at all. You will be using your direct connection. If you don't know what an Ethernet cord is then look at that cord connection to your router that's in the internet slot hole. That's an Ethernet cord. Okay so this is one of the best ways to get the most out of your connection, simply grab an Ethernet cord or buy one. And make sure you measure the distance of the Ethernet. The last thing you need is an Ethernet that is too short to reach your computer! So listen up because this factor is important. You probably don't want anything below cat 6 Ethernet cable. If you don't know what a cat 6 Ethernet is, it is essentially the "catagory" or version of it. Cat 6 is perfect for this. If you don't know how to identify your category then look on the Ethernet cable it usually says the category number. Next just plug it in the the tower of your computer or the entire thing itself if it is a mac osx or something.

On to our next category.

Okay so if you've got connection down. And it's still now enough. Then I want you to try this. Number one I recommend you familiarize yourself with all the things minecraft pvpers invented. The jitter click. Which you can search up, it is more informative and self explanatory on YouTube.

Okay as with the jitter click, cps matter. cps stands for clicks per second. Now you want a decently high cps. Mine is about 8-9 But you can achieve higher if you butterfly click. Butterfly clicking is essentially taking two fingers and putting them both on the left side of the mouse while using the rest of your hand to hold the mouse, now you want to flex one finger up as the other goes down repeatedly so as you lift one finger off the button the other one goes on. This can make a huge difference in how you pvp. I personally do not do this because small stuff like that eratates me.

The next tip I have for you is angle.
    The staircase at the center of the map is wonderful if someone is above you. Because the Person below will always get the better hits. Why is this you may ask? This is because the Pearson below has a better hitbox angle while the person above has their head way up there and can't hit your hitbox as well.

My final tip.
    So the hole point of this is to get your enemy down to his last soup so he can't heal anymore and you have the advantage. Well first you need to learn how to use the soup properly. So the soup should heal up to about three and a half hearts. If your attacking someone head on and they're souping and your souping then it will have a 50% chance of you winning. However if you soup at the correct moments then you are raising your chance of victory. Say for instance you have 8/10 hearts, and you soup. Well then that was a waste of soup. Wait til your about four hearts down before you soup.

Hope this thread was helpful and informative. Thank you for taking you time to read this and I hope you have an amazing day.

#1 jojoSkiller_YT, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. SillyPickles

SillyPickles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    i skimmed thru it and i just wanna say something about the staircase part you mentioned, imo its better to be at the top of the staircase because of the higher elevation you get crits by simply walking downwards on the stairs which drains their health really quick

3. EmperorTrump45

EmperorTrump45 Dank Memer

Ratings:
    +2,157
    why don't u just make a video instead of a massive text wall so that way people will get more out of this?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Daveeeeeeeee

Daveeeeeeeee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +876
    Agree, also you can wtap them away and get them into a combo while they are flying away.

5. jojoSkiller_YT

Ratings:
    +8
    Your right. I'll try and make a video. Thanks for the advice.

6. Alylox

Alylox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +134
    I read half way and just gotten lazy lol

7. AnonymousGalaxy

AnonymousGalaxy Raid Manager | Manager of Managing | Legacy

Ratings:
    +344
    I actually read through and I can tell you took your time to make this very helpful guide. I'll definitely be using some of the tips on here, thanks for this! Looking forward to the video if you end up making one!

• Like Like x 1
  8. jojoSkiller_YT

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you very much, it means a lot.

9. redslime

redslime Lead Developer

Ratings:
    +1,141
    Discord:
    redslime#8503
    nice guide xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brendoom

Brendoom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98
    I would have thought the bloody way to Pvp better would be to click faster. x) Nice guide. :smile: