1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Accepted Lekosa1's Build Team Application #2

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Lekosa1, Jun 11, 2017.

?

Lekosa1 for Builder

1. +1

33 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. +0

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. -1

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Lekosa1

Lekosa1 mineman

Ratings:
    +1,677
    Minecraft Username - Lekosa1
    Timezone - EET (UTC +2)

!!! BEFORE YOU START READING !!!

I feel like I could've already been accepted during my last application (https://www.brawl.com/threads/66488/) , but I didn't because it was very poorly done. I included pictures of my really old builds that aren't the best, and the good ones were not-so-greatly presented. I should've also emphazised my big builds more (as it was the main reason I got denied); it wasn't clear that I had done multiple big projects. For example, the WarZ Militia Camp was made 80% by me in a long process. I started building it after the main area's and house's framework was done. I basically did everything after that. (A few others helped, but I told what to do.)

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - I'd say I'm okay with WE. I know all the basic commands such as: //set, //replace, //flip, //rotate, //move, //stack, //br etc. I also know somewhat how to do //deform commands. I feel like my current knowledge of WE is good enough to build anything needed.

Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - I'm not at all experienced with VoxelSniper. I've watched a video about its basics, but other than that I'm clueless. I'm fast to learn though!

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? (A couple hours per week, one hour per day, etc.) - My play time on school days is 4 hours and on Saturday and Sunday 9 hours. Fortunately I don't have school now (summer brake, yey!) so I have more time. I'm willing to use all of my playtime to do Build Team related errands if needed.

Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team? - I'm very passionate about Brawl and I wish to help it in every way possible. Being a Builder would fullfill this desire and I'd have a chance to build in a team with other skilled builders. That's all.

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - Trees, detailing, small scale organics and arbitrary structures. Those listed are my excelences, but I'm "just" good at standard stuff like houses, vehicles, terraforming etc.

What would you consider your greatest weakness with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - Big statues and medieval houses. I might also get stuck on detailing and that could get frustrating when working on a bigger project. Though I do understand that Brawl's builds do not have the same standards as a personal build that can be worked on as long as one wants to.

List any previous experience you have with building -
    I started to build late 2016 on MCBuild. Since then I've worked on my skill and aided and joined some official projects. Here's some of them:

* GoToBed's (old Build Team member) build competition (1st place) [Unofficial] [Solo]
    * Needed Builds thread [Official] [Solo] https://www.brawl.com/threads/60553/ (page 2 and 3)
    * Build Competition "Winter is Coming" (2nd place) [Official] [Solo] https://www.brawl.com/threads/63805/
    * WarZ Militia Camp [Official] [Team] https://www.brawl.com/threads/64948/
    * KitPvP map [Official] [Team] https://www.brawl.com/threads/64347/
    * KitPvP FFA arena https://www.brawl.com/threads/66341/ [Official] [Team]
    * Build Competition III "Spring" (2nd place) [Official] [Duo] https://www.brawl.com/threads/66304/
    * Build Competition IV "Beaches!" [Official] [Solo] https://www.brawl.com/threads/67405/
    * WarZ Indust rework (working progress) [Offical] [Duo] Tagging @Sn4x5, @Pyrotheum

Pictures: (Include as many pictures of your builds as you can. If you do not include pictures, your application will be automatically denied. When possible, include proof that the builds are your own.)

For some reason the first album doesn't want to update it's messages; the lake kinda organic thingy's rocks and lily pads were made by Mr_BlueSheep. My lily pad design was almost the same though, the colors just were reversed.
    Click to view imgur album!

P.S. I know how to make dope renders with Chunky.

Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

#1 Lekosa1, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. Champloo

Champloo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 I have build several times with you, and I believe you're ready.

3. 19kss

19kss 18kss

Ratings:
    +736
    vouch +1

4. Valcom

Valcom Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Super good builder, you've become quite a master over the year +1

5. Toki_12

Toki_12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412
  6. Brendoom

Brendoom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98
    You seem to have the skills and the mind set required for the job role. I think I will give a +1. Good luck!

7. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,393
  8. Daveeeeeeeee

Daveeeeeeeee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +876
    +0, I don't believe your builds are consistent enough however some are good. Also in your 'Blue Sky Mansion' build I don't really like the shaping or detailing. I think you have potential but still some way to go.

9. CheeseBill

CheeseBill Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73
    +1 good builds, active and mature. I don't see any reason for you not to get accepted

10. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Better than anything I could do! I see no reason for you to be denied. You got this :grinning:

11. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    Ah, didn't expect you to apply but that's nice from you. I've already seen you in-game for some weeks and from what I've seen you like doing pair work with Pyrotheum. Let me now go through my check list:
    • Activity: As far as I can tell from the few weeks I've seen you in Build, you seem active. +1.
    • Maturity: Not much clue about this but you seem to handle yourself when needed instead of spreading memes. +0.5.
    • Builds: The few first pictures that show cliffs are very easy to build in my opinion. I saw your WarZ map some few days ago. Some parts of it are decent while others are simplistic like the War maps. Good organics, good terrafroming, authentic and original houses but I still doubt a little. 0.5+.
    Concluding, you are decent, not very high, probably better than me though. 0.5+

P.S.: Try not using words like "Yey" in applications.

12. Lekosa1

Lekosa1 mineman

Ratings:
    +1,677
    Thank you for your responses.

13. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421

14. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    -1, my vote will change to a +1 when you apply for JMod.

jk, eZ +1

15. Lekosa1

Lekosa1 mineman

Ratings:
    +1,677
    Thanks for the critique. For the cliff, it's supposed to be like that because it's a replica of an irl cliff. As for the WarZ map, me and Pyro haven't even touched the exterior or interior of the houses and other stuff there. We just did the roads and added some organics and tidied places up. We might even keep it like that, as maps for gameplay are supposed to be underdetailed to reduce lag and to make moving easier. Also Build Team applications aren't as formal as Staff applications, so I decided to type less formal, thus using apostrophes to shorten words and typing words like "yey". (Using apostrophes to indicate omission of letters from a word is informal writing.)

Hope that explanation changes your view.^
    You are not allowed to vote unless you get SMOD. :v

jk, eZ thanks for reply

#15 Lekosa1, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  16. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Touche ;D

17. oFire

oFire Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Woahh, I haven't seen a build as good quality as that Mansion in a while. Easy +1, good luck,, I think you should definitely be accepted!

18. Xelasi

Xelasi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944
    When gotobed gives something better than a -1 on an application I consider it a compliment.
    I see what he means on detailing; it's easier to stack a pattern over and over again than it is to custom detail.

The other main things I'm seeing are:
    1. A lot of these are group projects so it's hard to tell what percent of the work was done by you.
    2. I'm not seeing as many fully completed works. It takes a lot of dedication to follow through with finishing a project. I personally have a bunch of things to wrap up; try to make a complete thing with some of the stuff created when you get a chance. I see lots of pieces that can be assembled into something cool.

I think you have a better grip on some organics concepts than I do and I think you'd be a good member of the team with your enthusiasm and availability. I'm more curious about how you'd be able to work with varying building styles. Maybe @GalaThundR could set up a map with a couple of buildings (a suburban house, a wild west building, a city building segment) and see if you could build in the similar styles?

If able to replicate I'd say +1

-------------------------------------------------
    Edit: I went ahead and created a testing map template, I'm not sure if Gala had one. I've permed you on a copy of this if you want to try your hand at these styles:
    [​IMG]
    /map 381868 for Lekosa1

These are the kinds of builds I spent 90% of my time on Build Team doing, so at least it would be good practice if you feel like trying.

#18 Xelasi, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  19. Trogy

Trogy Huncho

Ratings:
    +603
    Definitely a +1 from me. You're a very hard worker, and your builds are definitely at the standard of the build team in my opinion.
    You've already proved your ability many times through the work you've done for Brawl.

From your last application:
    You've only become a better builder since your last application, it appears.
    You got this Leko, good luck!

20. Daveeeeeeeee

Daveeeeeeeee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +876
    Why does it matter if someone says 'yey' in their application? It's not going to get them denied lmao