1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Stadium Building Guide (1 of 5, Introduction)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Charlie_0014, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    I'm taking @Xelasi's advice and am making a guide, on stadium building. In this 5 part guide I will be doing this on the interior and exterior of Football and Soccer stadiums (parts 2 and 3) and Baseball stadiums (parts 4 and 5). I will be covering almost everything (nobody's perfect) from the ground-breaking ceremony:
    2016-04-08_23.57.34 - Copy.png
    to the finished product:
    2017-06-20_19.42.57.png

2017-06-20_19.47.28.png

So, to begin, you need to know what sport(s) this will be designed for, if you picked a sport not mentioned above, its field will most likely fit into one the these designs already.

I will start with the foundation of football, soccer fields, then move to a baseball field foundation.

First, if you have a rectangular field, you would want to draw out the field and the out-of-bounds area (good field sizes: for a small football field you would want 25x71, and for a large 51x121, for soccer you would want to do about the same dimensions and for sports with smaller real-life fields (basketball and ice hockey) you would want about half of these sizes, but always remember to use odd numbers with fields, no matter the sport, you'll see one of the reasons soon):
    2017-06-20_20.03.38.png
    Next we will be doing the outline of the stadium, so go to the very center of the field (odd numbers matter here) now, since my field is small (25x71), numbers of your world-edit template may vary. once at the middle you want to dig down a couple of blocks to where you are a block underneath the field, the best place to be is ground level. Then you want to input into the chat:
    //cyl <block id> <radius>
    In block id you can choose what block you want, just make sure it stands out. Now in radius, this depends on field size, if you have a small basketball or ice hockey field, you would want to have a radius of 50 or 75 blocks, if you have a small football or soccer field you would want it to be about 100 blocks that's what my C - Dome is. If you have a large basketball or ice hockey field you would want a radius of 150 to 175 and large football soccer fields a radius of 200 to 225, yes realistic stadiums are big, but you'll want big especially when you see part 3, but don't go too big otherwise you will have too much space behind the seats, and that's not good.
    2016-04-08_23.57.34 - Copy.png
    See part 2 for the rest of construction.

Now for baseball fields.
    These are very different from rectangular field stadiums. You want to start off similar with your field (this picture is the infield of my baseball stadium, C TECH Field, the distance between bases is 27 blocks, now you can defiantly go bigger or smaller, its your stadium, not mine.):
    2017-06-20_21.07.19.png
    Next, you would want to get a general design of the boundaries, that means the general shape of the field and the stadium itself. Baseball stadiums are generally squared on the home plate side and rounded off on the outfield side. On my field, the distance from home plate to the back wall along the white line is 97 blocks, yours can be different as long as you have the boundary complete and the stadium is shaped as stated earlier. These images show a diagram of the outline of C TECH Field and my back wall.
    2017-06-20_23.46.28.png

2017-06-20_23.25.22.png

See part 5 for the rest of the construction.

This was just outline of the stadiums and an introduction to the series. I will be making these every couple of days.
    Hope you enjoyed.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Xelasi

Xelasi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944
    I'm looking forward to it! :smile:

3. MattM1PVP

MattM1PVP Ex-HG Staff Member

Ratings:
    +705
    Tag me in Part 2 please

4. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Ok

5. Shawn_

Shawn_ Playing CTF and making maps since 2012

Ratings:
    +436
    Discord:
    Shawn the Sheep #0146
    I don't mean to be a harsh Grammar Nazi but you misspelled Stadium in your title. Looks like a very useful guide by the way. Keep up the work!

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...