1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Stadium Building Guide (2 of 5, Exterior of a Rectagular Field Stadium)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Charlie_0014, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    So, first off, for the tags: @MattM1PVP

So anyways, in the previous part you laid the foundation of a rectangular field stadium, and in this part you will be building the exterior. So lets begin:

We left off with the round foundation:
    2016-04-08_23.57.34.png
    Now lets begin (you must remember in my examples the radius of the circle is 100 blocks, so yours may be different, also I'm using polished andesite (id=1:6)) by building up the far sides of the building to about 20 to 30 (I did 20) blocks up, next go to one of the long ends of the field, you want to build inwards, to the center two to four blocks then go up a level and repeat, but you want the first row to be on the same level as the last block of your blocks up:
    2017-06-22_22.22.39.png
    2017-06-22_22.16.52.png
    You want to do this about 20 to 30 times or until you are 20 to 50 blocks from the field depending on how big it is (I did this 15 times and wound up 30 blocks from the out-of-bounds line). Next, you want to do a similar procedure: except this this time you want to build it out 5 to 10 blocks before going up a level:
    2017-06-22_22.28.54.png
    You want to stop at the out-of-bounds and I marked it with a glowstone block (you'll see why in a minute). But now, you want to copy and paste the framing on both of the long ends of the stadium.
    2017-06-22_22.40.18.png
    Then, take that clipboard copy and paste it on the broad side ends.
    This is what you should have:
    2017-06-22_22.46.03.png
    Next you want to fill in the glowstone around the out-of-bounds line and extent the broad side roof to the glowstone:

Now since hollow circles cannot exceed a radius of 10 blocks you have a couple of options for your next step: you could either do a solid circle of your radius (the radius of your base) then do the same thing with air (id=0) with a radius of 1 block less (for me: 100 radius and then a circle with air (id=0) with a radius of 99 blocks), or do it the hard way and build up each layer by hand.
    Anyways the formula for circles is "//cyl <block id> <radius>"
    You want to build this up until the top of the vertical section already built.
    2016-04-09_11.28.48 - Copy.png
    And now, who's ready for the hard part.
    So, now you will be doing the roof, that's if you want one of course, skip if you don't. Let's begin, start with a full circle radius of your radius then decrease it by the number of blocks that are on the base level and do a radius of that number (for me it would be the full circle of andesite with a radius of 100 then a circle with air and a radius of 96). Next, you want to go up a level and use the radius from the air circle of the previous level as the new radius and then decrease it by the number of blocks on that level and do another circle with air to hollow it out. Continue this until you get to the top level.
    Once its done, it should look similar to these:
    2017-06-23_00.08.45.png

2017-06-23_00.09.00.png

Lastly, and this is the last part, there are five gaps in the roof, the corners and the middle, for the middle I highly suggest filling in glass, but the other areas you could use whatever block you want.
    2017-06-23_00.21.09.png
    Also, after you have completed this you can add types of designs and company logos to your stadium.

And that's a wrap for this part, check back in a couple of days for part 3 which is on interiors of these types of stadiums.
    @MattM1PVP

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Charlie_0014, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. MattM1PVP

MattM1PVP Ex-HG Staff Member

Ratings:
    +705
    Keep tagging me please, one day I'm gonna build a stadium and this is gonna help so much

3. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Ok.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...