1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Tracking Practice Server

Discussion in 'Raid' started by alleging, Jul 3, 2017.

?

Track-Prac?

1. Hell yea!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Hell idk!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hell no!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. alleging

alleging Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +173
    Hello guys, this idea just randomly came up in my mind and I think it's pretty decent, A tracking practice server.

Here are some benefits from it:

1. If you try to learn tracking on Raid you might get tracked yourself! Why go through that when you can practice your tracking on a practice server?

2. Resources. Sometimes Someone might want to build a certain tracker (idk their names but I know there are more than 1), but they might not have the resources to do so. So until they eventually get those resources they can build that type of tracker in the practice server! So when they are ready to use that specific tracker they already know howto perfect it thanks to the practice server!

3. Last but not least, time. In raid it takes (dependent on which tracker you build) long to build a tracker and it can get very boring. This is where the practice server comes in. If you get bored of the tracker building process, you can quickly hop on the practice server to try and challenge yourself with your specific tracker type! Try to time yourself, etc!

How the tracker practice server helps:

-Reduces boredom if you are building a tracker

-Helps you challenge yourself without being in danger of being tracked yourself

-Great way to possibly get more players since there isn't any tracker practicing servers that I've heard of, so Brawl would be the first of its kind (meaning players outside of brawl could use brawl to practice any maybe get into raid)

Now I bet you're thinking, how would this work? And I have just the answer for that:

Similar to a BrawlBot (I call it track-bot :grinning:) you can place it in any distance you choose and try to track it! You can set it to a timer so after a certain amount of time it moves to a different location! This is a great way to challenge yourself.

The only problem is the space. Idk how Brawl would be able to fit multiple slots of huge areas in one map :/

If you got this far let me know what you think!

2. hockeyxxxxxxkid

hockeyxxxxxxkid Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    The build server recently had the tracking plugin added to it. I don't think anyone actually shows up on the trackers right now though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Grenzo

Grenzo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    Well, you see, this is just, this....... wouldn't work.
    You can't always physically practice for something.
    I do for sure see the benefits, but this just wouldn't work.

Because, there's 1 reason, and 1 reason only.

'Cause then everything would have a little "place" to practice.
    It's hard to explain, but -1

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carnotauros

Carnotauros Raid & Events Manager

Ratings:
    +595
    Discord:
    Leon#9397
    They show up

5. AnonymousGalaxy

AnonymousGalaxy Raid Manager | Manager of Managing | Legacy

Ratings:
    +344
    The build server currently has the tracking plugin. It works but you need to be in survival mode and the person you're tracking needs to be in survival mode. It has all of the stuff you mentioned. Just get an alt or a friend on your map and start tracking. It also has World Edit which makes build big trackers so much easier.

6. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Too much server resources for what it's worth.

7. Grenzo

Grenzo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    Agree

8. Doges

Doges Ex-Mod, Ex-Builder

Ratings:
    +338
    We already have the tracking feature on build. There is no need for this.

9. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    Already implemented,
    Locked.