1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

A Great Guide for New Players

Discussion in 'Guides' started by DiamondDude5YT, Dec 22, 2017.

?

Did this help?

1. Yes! Thank you!

10.0%
  2. Already know how to play

70.0%
  3. lol wat is raid

20.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. DiamondDude5YT

DiamondDude5YT New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Now, you probably never heard of a game called Raid. If this is the case, keep reading because this guide is made for new players.

Factions
    Many people have heard of the game called Factions. But there is a key difference between those 2 games: protection. In factions, you can claim land and protect your base. In Raid, no such thing exists.

Building Your First Base
    You've seen it everywhere: air, underwater/ground, and even nether/end bases. I will list the pros and cons of each.

Air
    Pros: Hard to get to, see players coming up, can knock players off
    Cons: Can be spotted by people, in the event that you need to get down, you will have to put water/slime ect

Underwater
    Pros: can drown player, (depends if the base is made of glass) can see players coming
    Cons: one block removed can flood the base, can drown you, easy for griefers

Underground
    Pros: Nearly impossible to find, could be surrounded by mobs/water/lava
    Cons: If base is close to rare ores, someone might mine it and find your base, lava could kill you, requires camo if you want to hide it well (smelting cobble into stone)

Nether
    Pros: Netherrack is easy to mine and easy to camo your base, players could die by mobs and lava
    Cons: Portal is right at spawn, YOU could die by mobs and lava

End
    Pros: easy to camo your base, enderman can kill players, whole void to knock players in
    Cons: YOU could die by enderman and YOU could fall off

Tracking
    Unlike other servers, in Brawl you can track other players. Stand on a tracker and do /tracker (or /track i forgot) and it will list players and their direction (example: JustAPlayer S. S means South) You can find bases an players with this method.

Gold/Shop
    Like other servers, there is a shop. It requires gold. To submit gold, do /deposit (amount). You can also sell things.

Food
    Under spawn, there is a pig spawner for food.

That concludes my guide. Have a nice day.

Diamond

2. Ry23an

Ry23an Orchard Thief

Ratings:
    +117
    I recommend the end base

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AnonymousGalaxy

AnonymousGalaxy Raid Manager | Manager of Managing | Legacy

Ratings:
    +344
    Very nice guide besides the fact that the end resets every 24 hours, so I wouldn't recommend building a base there :C

4. jum

jum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    I don't see how a con would be that the portal is right at spawn because the border is 6000 and a portal leading to 0,0 wont end up at a base at 3412 -2341

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Fadaad8

Fadaad8 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +140
    Could anyone explain the tracker thing in more detail?

6. hockeyxxxxxxkid

hockeyxxxxxxkid Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    It's a way to find players' locations in order to raid their bases. The wiki has a decent guide on it. There's also a lot of youtube vids.

7. Fadaad8

Fadaad8 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +140
  8. Spellslot

Spellslot Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Im dumb I didn't think that you could make a base in the end because it resets..