1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Continuous/Automatic Jukebox map cosmetic

Discussion in 'MinecraftBuild' started by NickManEA, Jan 4, 2018.

?

Should it be added?

1. +1

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    Small idea, and it’s mostly cosmetic and to add a little atmosphere to maps and give them a more unique (“look”) sound.

In pair with the ability to upload custom resource packs, thus have edited music discs, the option to set a “Map music” would be a nice and small addition as a map cosmetic.

It would be accessed through the /menu and it would give you multiple options to set a music disc as your map music. Upon choosing one, that disc will be continuously played in the same volume across the whole map. When the world gets loaded that’s when the music disc kicks in as well.

Multiple disc playlist could be a premium cosmetic purchasable through the store or with a rank.

As far as I know, this wouldn’t be hard to code and it is possible as well.

Opinions?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Nick, I've read up on this, in the past, and in order to play music, instructions (or notes) to be played have to be put into the pack and then played by the jukebox, so only people around the jukebox can hear it. I'd love to hear music around a map, but it's harder to code than you think. +1

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Daveeeeeeeee

Daveeeeeeeee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +876
    Or just listen to some music on Spotify.

4. loicvdb

loicvdb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94
    Good idea, I'd love to put inapropriate audio files on my map for when people join me without headphones.

you're gonna put a link on a sign for people to listen?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    The point of the addition is to listen to music all together in a map.

This could be an issue and it might be solved if you get informed that the map you joined, in pair with the Custom Resource Pack detector that informs you of a custom pack, it could warn you about enabled Automatic Jukebox so that while the texture pack downloads you have time to lower your volume and slowly rise it to check.