1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Suggestion/Discussion - Minimap

Discussion in 'Raid' started by xGhale, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,393
    Ok here goes:
    Basically, Minimaps that DO NOT show entities or caves or players or the like are allowed on Brawl.
    Anyone can see the 2 massive flaws in this right there:
    1. How do you reliably prove, without a doubt (see @Colonel_Graff), that a minimap that is being used is a "legit" minimap without screensharing? (Note - this isn't meant to open that bag of snakes here, it's for informational purposes. SS discussion isn't what this thread is meant to lead to)
    2. A minimap gives many advantages even without entities being shown, such as being able to find certain structures very easily, having a free and instant and above-all global map, being able to detect certain base disguising methods (terra-forming) more easily, and generally giving a large advantage.
    Case in point:
    • Minimap is banned on a lot of servers - HCF servers, certain other PvP servers, and (of course) on any HG server. It gives so many advantages that you cannot simply claim that "it isn't an unfair advantage".
    Just my salt.

-Sam

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Exaggeration

Exaggeration Raid | Team Envy

Ratings:
    +66
    This is a very solid point and I appreciate someone bringing this more to attention. I’ve met players who have personally told me they’ve used banned mini maps, simply because it’s pretty hard to tell if someone is using a banned minimap or allowed without screensharing them. I’m not sure what needs to be done but minimaps should be talked about more for sure

3. Ry23an

Ry23an Orchard Thief

Ratings:
    +117
    Mini maps that show sky bases are not much different to xraying underground bases, without it you wouldn't know it's there. But at the same time there is very little mods can do about sky bases getting mini mapped.
    I have given up on making skybases because mini maps became popular.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. 0racle

0racle Former Raid and Reports Manager

Ratings:
    +744
    I think this theory should apply for all rules. If it is too difficult to tell if its allowed or not / an advantage not everyone has, then the feature or modifier should be banned entirely from use. Mini maps, macros, etc should all without a doubt be against the rules. Its simply too easy to weasel around the system or use it without anyone knowing. I've tried getting these two features banned before, but action needs to be taken on this for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. hockeyxxxxxxkid

hockeyxxxxxxkid Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    If it's too hard to detect, wouldn't that be an argument for keeping it allowed? People that don't care about the rules will still use it and have an advantage over legit players without punishment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 0racle

0racle Former Raid and Reports Manager

Ratings:
    +744
    No, instead of the weaseling around and "if this is allowed then this should be" just make it simple and ban them all entirely. Clarity is needed in setting rules and its not as clear as it should be imo rn. Better safe than sorry imo.

7. Tuumai

Tuumai Raid Sub-Manager

Ratings:
    +111
  8. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,393
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TheMel0n

TheMel0n 8 Year McPvPer

Ratings:
    +117
    Discord:
    Ante#7366
    Just place signs on your sky base and it’s minimap,safe and don’t forget the deserts

10. Ry23an

Ry23an Orchard Thief

Ratings:
    +117
    Pretty sure that just makes them harder to see on mini map but still possible

11. TheMel0n

TheMel0n 8 Year McPvPer

Ratings:
    +117
    Discord:
    Ante#7366
    Nope only possible if you have like stone blocks up there