1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Accepted skypenguu's Build Team App

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by potatoesky, May 21, 2018.

?

Should skypenguu be a Builder?

1. Heck ya

85.7%
  2. Maybee

9.5%
  3. Nupe

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. potatoesky

potatoesky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +658
    Minecraft Username - skypenguu (previously known as Skylivia or potatopotpie)
    Timezone - Pacific Time (but I stay up a lot and timezone just doesn't define the time frame of when I am online lmao)

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - I am very experienced with WorldEdit, having using it since Creative times. Although I am not equipped with every single command, I am still able to use it to my advantage and build efficiently and proficiently with its help. I know the essentials, and that is more than enough to aid me. But I am also a fast learner, so if there is something new that can help my building speed, I can pick it up quickly.
    Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - No, I would not consider myself experienced with VoxelSniper as I haven't been on a server that has VoxelSniper on it. However, as said I am a fast learner, and it wouldn't be too hard to pick up as well. And plus, there are many people and resources I can go to for help.

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? - Sometimes I am able to be on for a couple hours a day. But at the same time, there will be times when I can't come online, depending on how busy I am with school.
    Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team? - I want to join Brawl's Build Team because not only am I able to help contribute to the server, I am always able to build with my friends on the build team, and help each other. Furthermore, @skysheepp has informed me of an opportunity to apply and join the build team, and that I will be much of a help to current building projects, which motivates me further.

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? - My greatest strength with building is structures, detailing, and other miscellaneous builds. I can adapt when necessary and am quite versatile when it comes to different styles.
    What would you consider your greatest weakness with building? - My greatest weakness in building would be statues, and my worst building style is medieval.

However, I don't really like to categorize myself to have a specific strength or weakness in an area. Usually, I am not too great with building new styles (like how most people would be when just starting out anything really) but I am able to get better at building a specific category within just a few times of practice and I think this is an advantage / disadvantage at the same time. I'm pretty alright with any building style to an extent, as long as it is not medieval. I am just terrible at medieval for some reason, no clue why. But to clarify again, I am able to excel a certain style with short practices and if I have a reference image (of a real life thing that I may have seen from a while ago or something) or a clear image in the back of my mind of what I want or am told to build.

List any previous experience you have with building - I was WEPro in the past in Creative (eighty heckin +1's with zero -1's :wink:), and have been building in Brawl for a couple of years. Although this may not seem like big achievements, I have also helped with Brawl projects in the past, like the Wild West map when it was in the making, as well as Build’s Christmas lobby (the tree and the fireplace) when I was a Build Junior Mod in the past. Just a side note, I started out my Minecraft building journey from Pocket Edition when I was around 12, I believe, and since then I've built many many things that range from houses to mansions to castles to natural things like terrains and so on. I wish I had pics but sadly I don't :')

Pictures: Sorry - not many pictures - but I can't find screenshots of my builds from Creative and builds from the past but people who've known me for a long time know my old builds as well (and how terrible they are lolol) but these are all I got today :')

Click to view imgur album!

Oh and for the Build Christmas Lobby, I did NOT build the entire fireplace so I don't wanna take all the credits but I don't remember who worked on that with me so sorry but I did help with most part of the fireplace and some other features in the lobby that I can't remember n_n

#1 potatoesky, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. Jekie

Jekie Member

Ratings:
    +6
    oof! i liek your builds

3. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,393
    Yee sure, your builds are great, you're mature enough to handle a position like this since you're ex-staff

4. Doges

Doges Ex-Mod, Ex-Builder

Ratings:
    +338
    +1, it's time for this to happen :smile:

5. potatoesky

Ratings:
    +658
    thenkss
    thank youu!!
    ay daaanks :^)

6. Lekosa1

Lekosa1 mineman

Ratings:
    +1,677
    Post some suburban houses pls

but yeaeayaaassssss :smile: +1

7. Redorian

Redorian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Looks good enough for me +1

8. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    +1, seen plenty of your builds before so I'm not too fussed about a lack of pictures. Good luck ;D

9. potatoesky

Ratings:
    +658
    thanks leko :^) and uh i dont know about suburban houses but here is a house i built (with a tiny bit of help from dylan444409) back in the creative days and you can also see an unfinished house on the plot from creative but i'll try to build that again right now on mcbuild lol :')
    Click to view imgur album!

thanku very much!!
    tanks for the support socool :smile:

10. DeZilla

DeZilla wat

Ratings:
    +165
    Butter can joy what good ideas great why best possibly builder.

+1

11. AnonymousGalaxy

AnonymousGalaxy Raid Manager | Manager of Managing | Legacy

Ratings:
    +344
    Good builds and very mature/friendly player. +1.

12. Ice_Bear1

Ice_Bear1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Ice Bear says yes. +1

13. potatoesky

Ratings:
    +658
    thank ya dez
    thanks i appreciate it :smile:
    pengu says thanks :^)

14. Fordale

Fordale Queen

Ratings:
    +80
    Discord:
    Fordale#4520
    You seem able to build in a variety of areas very well. Not much more to say. Come join the cult.

+1

15. Mr_BlueSheep

Mr_BlueSheep [Professional Sheep since 2012]

Ratings:
    +56
    Activity: :thumbsup:
    Maturity: :thumbsup:
    Builder: :thumbsup:

As Fordale said: Join our Cult, +1

16. muslim_vin

muslim_vin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    try different styles besides oriental +0

17. potatoesky

Ratings:
    +658
    thenkies :^)
    tyy
    theres literally only one map with oriental style with the rest of the maps being different so i dont know what you mean but thankya for the feedback

18. Follution

Follution Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    1+ your builds are good, looking good and all of that stuff
    but post your builds in default look, without shaders and all of that
    and show 2 terrains or terraforming samples at least

19. potatoesky

Ratings:
    +658
    oh ya no problem, i'll post them without the shaders later when i get on my computer and see if i have any screenshots available for terraforming. thank u for the feedback :^)

20. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Accepted. Welcome to the team!