1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Why you should keep building

Discussion in 'MinecraftBuild' started by Theo92160_, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    I often see players on MinecraftBuild complaining about their capacities, and their build's quality. These people tend to get discouraged when starting projects, which is really sad because who knows which inspiring creation could have been the result of just a bit more thinking, and gathering fresh ideas..

I'm here to show these people that at the start, we all have pretty much the same abilities. I asked 7 members of Brawl's build team to provide me pictures of the oldest of their builds they could find. Remember: if you enjoy building, always keep practicing, get inspiration from others, learn new skills and tools, find your comfort zone and then finally step outside from it. This applies to every form of art.

Enjoy a compilation of the progress we've made during the years !

--------------------------------------------------------​
    - @Mr_BlueSheep :
    IMG_0232_2[1].png
    " Well honestly its just an abomination of builds I smashed together because the worlds on "MC PE" were so limited, I just got into Minecraft so I honestly had no idea of what you could actually build, and back then you didn't have as many choices of blocks so you really had to use your imagination aswell. The game just felt so different." - Bluesheep

...Which led to this fancy rustic house, one of his most recent projects:
    https://www.brawl.com/threads/70154/

- @FordalesCrow :
    1.png
    " It was for a tiny build contest on a map on build, the theme was supposed to be ‘house’ so I thought making a tree house would be the coolest and ended up making the worst tree house but 2+ years ago I thought it was good " - Crow

...Which led to this realistically detailed landscape & houses, one of her most recent projects:

- @Fordale :

unknown[1].png
    " I made this because the thought of hand-building a large structure seemed to be a great idea (yeah so great) and so I built this to be exactly 100x100. Then I wanted to use it so I built a bunch of parkour in it and put lava everywhere. Trust me you do not want to see the inside (which consists of many wildly placed torches) " - Fordale

...Which led to this amazing organic of a snake, one of her most recent projects:
    https://www.brawl.com/threads/71748/

- @GalaThundR :
    (Actually really good for an old build imo) 2018-05-05_15.50.38.png
    " This was gonna be an elytra race map, I was gonna propose the idea for mcparty. Never got around to either finishing it or proposing it. Ended up dropping the project entirely because it was too tedious to do the terrain." - Gala

...Which led to this "Perpendiculum", one of his most recent projects:

- @Lekosa1 :
    Lekosa1.png
    " Uh, it's a random house I did for the thread that asked players to build stuff, back when I wasn't builder "
    - Leko

...Which led to "Within the crystals", a large organic of a hybrid-like monster, one of his most recent projects:
    https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/within-the-crystals/

- @loicvdb :
    2018-04-24_17.56.41.png
    " This was my first house, built in april 2012 in a 1.2.4 survival world. Yes, I built all that to put one bed and two furnaces in it." - Loic

...Which led to "fragments of Asia", a very appealing oriental build, one of his most recent projects:
    https://www.brawl.com/threads/72274/

- @skysheepp :
    Screen_Shot_2018-04-25_at_7.34.20_pm.png
    "That's the first thing i ever built (ever, on mcbuild) it's the skin of this guy who taught me what mcbuild is."
    - Minesheep

...Which led to this stunning organic denouncing the effects of poaching, one of her most recent projects:
    https://www.brawl.com/threads/72280

- And finally, me.
    2018-04-24_15.48.36.png 2018-04-24_15.56.29.png
    This is an amusement park I built in singleplayer, inspired by FunCraft (y'all remember funcraft right?). You can see my first attempt at terrain, custom trees and organics (wool ferris wheel) The second picture is my first map ever. My first house is the one between the pixel arts, suprisingly there's also my first modern house, lol.

When I tell you everyone starts at the same level... I really mean it x)

This is one of my favorite recent build, a replica of the koenigsegg agera RS1:
    https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/50-1-build-koenigsegg-agera-rs1-download/

--------------------------------------------------------
    It was so much fun looking back at all these builds from 2 to 6 years back in the past... See what me and the others have the ability to create now... If you ever feel like there's no way you could improve at building...well, look at us ! Thank you if you took time to go through the whole post!

That was my 500th post special. Phew, nearly as long as my built team app or the thread I made when I achieved level 100+ in war... Again, thanks to everyone in Brawl's build team that was involved in this! you guys are amazingly talented!!

Have a good day/night everyone.​

• Like x 9
    • Winner x 5
    • Optimistic x 1
    • ELITE Honor x 1
    • JMod Honor x 1
    #1 Theo92160_, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    Nice thread Theo :wink:. I definitely had to comment this one as I believe it passes an important point to every amateur builder out there.

Builders’ building skills are not to be taken for granted. None of them suddenly joined Minecraft and started building majestic castles, sprawling terrains or cities, or perhaps giant cars. What if I told you, you could manage to build the previous things someday?
    Every single of us starts with something simple, builds something more complex, tries out new things and styles.

The key to gaining these building abilities is, as expected by many, practice, of course experimentation, patience and creativity but although the last one isn’t always needed, it can help a lot with coming up with something new.

Another thing I have noticed on new builders is the fact that they ask for someone to teach them, myself included, however building is not an art that can be taught easily, rather it is something a player develops on their own. As described above, what makes a good builder is practice, patience and experimentation. Of course, for the beginners, getting tips from more advanced builders is a good start but not something you can fully rely on.

Therefore, all in all, all you have to do is build, and do it because you like it and not because you pressurize yourself to get a good outcome. I hope this helps out new builders, never give up :smile:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 1
  3. Theo92160_

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Oh bro, I agree with everything you said. You summarized very well the situation with this bit of text, and I think you should post it on PMC thus it will motivate more people to keep practicing building! Sorry I can't give you an honor but you deserve one too x)

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Fordale

Fordale Queen

Ratings:
    +80
    Discord:
    Fordale#4520
    Lmao you finally put it up, this is so great

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Chilled_67

Chilled_67 Lizard

Ratings:
    +349
    Discord:
    Chilled_67#5014
    Not going to lie I am disappointed that all my maps weren't featured but good thread still i guess

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. muslim_vin

muslim_vin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    *cough* just gonna *COUGH* put this here
    what i do now:
    upload_2018-5-31_11-45-23.png
    upload_2018-5-31_11-46-57.png

what i used to do:
    upload_2018-5-31_11-49-49.png

moral: i've always been narcissistic and good at building

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #6 muslim_vin, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  7. 0racle

0racle Former Raid and Reports Manager

Ratings:
    +744
    Good thread, really cool to see the progress made. @Eil is a good example as well, from gold and diamond vines in an arena to the beautiful raid Christmas spawn, he's made excellent progress too.

8. Theo92160_

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    The raid christmas spawn was made by Lekosa1 and me, with the help of Eil for the technical parts ^

9. 0racle

0racle Former Raid and Reports Manager

Ratings:
    +744
    I was referring to the dragon one him and I revamped for xmas. My b ^^

10. Theo92160_

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Ohh haven't seen this one..

11. Doges

Doges Ex-Mod, Ex-Builder

Ratings:
    +338
    /map 1751 for a good example for the first accepted map I had.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JudeK1

JudeK1 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Good positive thread to help players like myself who don't have a lot of experience with building.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. BrosBeforeHoes_

BrosBeforeHoes_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230
    Build is becoming less popular

14. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    Sadly it’s not Build on its own that is affected by this.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...