1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Build Plans

Discussion in 'MinecraftBuild' started by DeadRhos, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. DeadRhos

DeadRhos Minimum Brain Size

Ratings:
    +621
    Hi all,

Something that comes up a lot on Brawl is the issue of transparency, so in the interest of better communication, we’re releasing all of our plans for Build (minus a few cool secrets!). This contains lots of stuff that has been suggested in the past, as well as some new things that we think you’ll like, and it’ll be continually updated to reflect future discussion.

We know how frustrating it is to not know what’s going on, so hopefully this will be a good first step towards fixing that and letting you guys get as involved as possible.

A couple of disclaimers:
    • None of these plans are final. We’re posting this so that you can look over it, tell us what you like and don’t like, and make a few suggestions of your own.
    • This does not mean that Build will be updated soon; again, these are just plans and they’re subject to change depending on your feedback.
    If you want to discuss these plans, we recommend that you use the Build Community discord, but feel free to reply here or post on the forums.

Happy building!

- Brawl Staff Team :brawl:

• Like x 6
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • ELITE Honor x 1
    • JMod Honor x 1
    • Mod Honor x 1
    • SMod Honor x 1
    #1 DeadRhos, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  2. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Hopefully this'll be a huge step forward for improving communication and transparency on Brawl, especially if all Server Managers do this.

3. muslim_vin

muslim_vin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    maybe if i wasnt banned from the discord

also will maps get reset???

and i can already see it, I'll have that master prefix like on the day of release cause i'll just submit every map i have xD xD xDx XD xD xD xD

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. DeadRhos

DeadRhos Minimum Brain Size

Ratings:
    +621
    Maps won't be reset. Also, Master rank will take maturity into account, so heads up :v

• Like Like x 1
  5. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
  6. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,393
    @Miskey :wink:

you know I don‘t mean it and I want it kept a secret

7. muslim_vin

Ratings:
    +152
    ill just be mature before i get it and then be immature after i get it

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    Not how it works.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Wow. This is extremely forward-thinking of Brawl and I have a feeling it wasn't the old admins that decided to do this. It's great to see a push for more communication. Thank you so much for doing this, guys. It really means a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. muslim_vin

Ratings:
    +152
    then ill make it work

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mcmaster01

Mcmaster01 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm somewhat new to the server but I have an idea exclusively to the "Creative Builds" server. As we all see, assets in the server are always the same. We could definitely change it to make it open to users so that they could add assets for the rest of mc players to see. This, in turn, could add some more creativity to the server by showing off magnificent builds and by helping other players that are beginners at building get a better idea of what and how to make their structures as well as make their map more creatively inclined.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doges

Doges Ex-Mod, Ex-Builder

Ratings:
    +338
    How about we just close build, and put creative back up?

Why not?

#12 Doges, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  13. Mcmaster01

Mcmaster01 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Or ,in theory, why don't we just create creative and keep build. I could definitely see build being valuable to the server through mapmaking. There could be a voting on each individual map created by a player or players that ,once finished and deposited, is then transferred to a board made up of normal players, ranked players, staff, or all. If your map was admitted, it could then be seen in skywars, CTF, etc. If your map was rejected you obviously can either retry for the next voting or create another map. Also another idea would be making a "hybrid server" in which contains both creative and also the aspect of mapmaking from build.

14. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    But what would be the point of creative if you have Build?
    Some of the missed features of creative will make a return on Build 2, if everything goes by plan. That includes rating system and a plot world.

15. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    There’s no point splitting the community further, and the plan for build 2.0 is essentially a hybrid anyway - we’re taking the rank systems, and having plots alongside private worlds. This way we can gear more towards a building community while keeping build’s core feature, and have incentive for people to stay.

The gamemode map systems is not determined by build, rather the gamemodes themselves as they tend to have their own selection system. Furthermore, also stated in the plans are a diamonds/rating system so there’s that as well.

16. Mcmaster01

Mcmaster01 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    In that case Build v2.0 is basically what I said with the "hybrid server'' except for the ranking system. I would love to find further more information on the diamonds/rating system as well as insight to the progress of Build 2.0. Also once the rating system has been induced what will happen to the player's plot or map if he has the best rates?

#16 Mcmaster01, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  17. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Everything is in here. If you’d like to discuss this further feel free to join the build community discord or pm one of us ^^