1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Accepted Garrieth's Builder Application - 2018

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Garrieth, Jul 18, 2018.

?

Should Garrieth be accepted to the build team here on MCBrawl?

1. Yup

100.0%
  2. Nah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Garrieth

Garrieth Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Minecraft Username - Garrieth
    Timezone - EST

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - Yes, I would consider myself an experienced user of WE, considering I use it, to my own convenience, for all of my larger scale builds. Doing so allows me to perform at a faster pace, while maintaining a good amount of detail throughout my projects. Over my years of building, I have gained knowledge of a wise array of the commands, and have taught myself how to use them effectively.
    Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - No, I wouldn't consider myself experienced with Voxel. I just started used Voxel to go large scale terra-forming and landscaping for my builds, though I have not learned all of the details commands. I am very open to learning this helpful plugin in more depth if need be, as I am sure this would enhance builds that I partake in for the community here even more.

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? (A couple hours per week, one hour per day, etc.) - During summer break off from school, I could spend anywhere from no time one day, to six hours the next! My schedule is very finicky at the moment (because I do have a life outside of my PC haha), but that still leavs plenty of time to enjoy building, especially for the community here.

Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team?
    - For my short service as a builder last year, I really enjoyed working with the build team on a few little projects. So as I have come across better circumstances in my real life now, I feel that it's time for my to come back and serve some more time to the community here. Though the current and past builders have done a fabulous job creating the atmosphere for this server, I would still love to keep improving the server, block-by-block. Just to know that people are having a good, fun time playing in maps and the creations we've worked on for them; that's the true payoff.

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - As you will witness from a lot of my portfolio, and sense I actually am studying Architecture currently in schooling, I tend to focus on the structures themselves. So my major strong suit in building is structural architecture, such as large facilities and houses. Though I would also consider myself a pretty good landscaper and general cosmetic and "natural" builder.

What would you consider your greatest weakness with building?
    (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - I am less "compatible" building statues (and the like), and also sometimes interior cosmetics. It's either I forget to add certain things other builders might add in, for example, in a farm. Little points like some flower pots, or some leads hanging on the wall. I am always looking to improve and be inspired in these aspects, and building with the cooperative team here would be a huge help and opportunity!

List any previous experience you have with building - Outside of this gaming world, I am a student at a tech School, with two years of Architectural CAD experience.
    I have built a very short time for our wonderful community here last year.
    - Parts in map making and other builds for semi well-known servers (Mineplex, Aspiria, ZironeZetwork)
    - Taken part in large-scale team builds (modern, fantasy, and medieval)

Pictures: (Include as many pictures of your builds as you can. If you do not include pictures, your application will be automatically denied. When possible, include proof that the builds are your own.)
    All of these builds were done solo:

WIP:
    Click to view imgur album!

My previous builder app test builds:

Currently working on a Ran-down ocean and mountain side village on MCBrawl. Whatcha think?

2018-07-19_15.15.41.png

Update:

Oh man sorry I forgot to clarify!
    They only gave me that position because I was the only builder, and to be honest that rank meant nothing cause the server never launched. And now they are shutting down that server, and I had resigned from that position last week. They are selling the server here shortly (the server never actually launched lol).

Sorry for the confusion. So my only dedication to building will be here.

Also, if you were wondering why I left without word a couple years ago from being builder...
    I don’t want to do into personal detail, but let’s just say life got really tough really quick.
    I hope everyone can understand that.

Thank you for your time, and have a good one.

#1 Garrieth, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Hey Garrieth, nice to see you back! However you’ve just recently returned, and only one build of yours is built on Build, so I’d like to see you build a project on Build before a decision is made just to make sure you’re genuine ^^

3. Garrieth

Garrieth Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Nice to see you again as well! Understood, and will start progress on that shortly.
    Also, if you'd like proof of the ones whom I've built for, please feel free to PM me so I can show you them (the owners and IPs of the servers I built those on).

4. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    +1
    I can't be anything but hyped for a new realistic builder in the team, In addition good at modern architecture! =)

5. Champloo

Champloo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 great builder before, good to see you're back!

6. muslim_vin

muslim_vin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    +2 be more active

finally, another actually good builder that will probably be in the build team

7. Garrieth

Garrieth Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you everyone for your support!

To accomplish your grant another builder (also named sheep) made me a world to work in. Currently I'm working on an ocean-side ran down village. I believe the world # is 0395. 2018-07-19_15.15.41.png

What do you think? (Obviously it's a WIP)

8. Lekosa1

Lekosa1 mineman

Ratings:
    +1,677
    +1, just make sure you don't leave after one month lol

9. Garrieth

Garrieth Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Lol ya i gotcha

10. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    You're currently the "lead builder" on another server. This could cause a lot of issues - conflict of interest, inability to remain active enough on both servers, possibility of stealing builds etc. How do we know this won't be the case?

11. Garrieth

Garrieth Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh man sorry I forgot to clarify!
    They only gave me that position because I was the only builder, and to be honest that rank meant nothing cause the server never launched. And now they are shutting down that server, and I had resigned from that position last week. They are selling the server here shortly (the server never actually launched lol).

Sorry for the confusion. So my only dedication to building will be here.

Also, if you were wondering why I left without word a couple years ago from being builder...
    I don’t want to do into personal detail, but let’s just say life got really tough really quick.
    I hope everyone can understand that.

Adding this and editing my main post now.

12. Carnotauros

Carnotauros Raid & Events Manager

Ratings:
    +595
    Discord:
    Leon#9397
    +1, great builds and mature enough.

13. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    While I had some concerns in the beginning your explanation is very good and now I feel confident about giving you a +1 since your builds are incredible and you are mature.

14. Garrieth

Garrieth Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you very much

Glad I could prove myself to you!

Have a good one guys.

15. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Accepted as trial builder. Welcome to the team!

*Note to everyone: Trial builder is a new rank we have implemented which is made applicants who we believe should be given a shot, even though they may not fulfill each requirement. This would include, but not limited to, borderline applicants, applicants who have only just joined / returned, and applicants who had a bad history but are showing drastic improvements recently. These builders will be watched carefully, and would be given more trust once they pass the trial stage.